Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Broadband customer - quick question re technician call out

Options
  • 13-09-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I've just purchased an Eircom broadband bundle, I today received an email stating the date a technician will call out to me and that would be in the evening (PM). On the date given no one will be at the apartment until around 7pm. So I was wondering what time frame technicians work within before I call to rearrange?

Do technicians work to a strict finish time of 6pm or can I ring up and request the call out to be after 7pm?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

draffodx wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've just purchased an Eircom broadband bundle, I today received an email stating the date a technician will call out to me and that would be in the evening (PM). On the date given no one will be at the apartment until around 7pm. So I was wondering what time frame technicians work within before I call to rearrange?

Do technicians work to a strict finish time of 6pm or can I ring up and request the call out to be after 7pm?

Hi draffodx,

The new connection / installation time-frames are in two time blocks 9am - 1PM or 1PM - 6PM. Monday - Friday, Appointments are not scheduled any later than that I'm afraid.

You will receive a confirmation text / call before the engineer calls out.

If you want to PM me with your details I can track the progress for you.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that, no it's no problem, I presume it'll be just a case of ringing 1901 and rescheduling it to a Friday when someone will be present at the apartment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for that, no it's no problem, I presume it'll be just a case of ringing 1901 and rescheduling it to a Friday when someone will be present at the apartment?

Hi draffodx,

Yes 1901 can you arrange a new appointment they are open until 8pm This evening.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I have contacted Eircom through 1901 and was told I would be contacted with an update but I never received an update. The date for the technician call out is tomorrow so I don't want the technician to waste their time calling out as no one will be there?

If I pm you my account number would you be able to get an update on this? And possibly move the date to either next Friday or the Monday after?

Bump, can any Eircom reps help with this? Not getting any joy via 1901!

• Advertisement

Tuesday bump! I managed to get through to 1901 last night but again no joy in any actual confirmation that the date has been changed to a date that suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Tuesday bump! I managed to get through to 1901 last night but again no joy in any actual confirmation that the date has been changed to a date that suits.

Hi draffodx

Can you PM me your account number and I can get look into the appointment for you?

Thanks
    Linda

(logged in as Ant)

Advertisement