Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City gyms

Options
  • 13-09-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hey lads,

After recently moving to Cork, kinda getting settled now and i'm looking for a gym to membership too.

I suppose some of the more important things i'm looking for gym-wise:
    • Reasonable price
    • Free weights area(reasonably big)
    • Adequate room to move
    • walking distance of the Ballyphehane would be good

so as seen above mainly looking for a gym with more emphasis on free weights, body weight accessories i.e. hanging rings, pull up bars, dip stations etc.

appreciate any response, and reviews or experiences. ;) thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hey lads,

After recently moving to Cork, kinda getting settled now and i'm looking for a gym to membership too.

I suppose some of the more important things i'm looking for gym-wise:
    • Reasonable price
    • Free weights area(reasonably big)
    • Adequate room to move
    • walking distance of the Ballyphehane would be good
    so as seen above mainly looking for a gym with more emphasis on free weights, body weight accessories i.e. hanging rings, pull up bars, dip stations etc.

appreciate any response, and reviews or experiences. ;) thanks.

http://www.bullandfiddlefitness.com/ (Ballyphehane)

Not cheap at all...But maybe one of the best around.

Within walking distance,,you also have Riversedge by Sullivans Quay....Much cheaper,,but it's an awful gym to be honest. Very small,,little or no parking (If that matters) and the equipment is pre-historic.

If you weren't afraid to travel a small bit,,I'd go for Lesuireworld in Bishopstown.

Just my opinion.....Some others will pop along and give you a few more ideas no doubt.

Hope it helps.

Advertisement