Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2nd Quinn rally this Sunday

• 13-09-2012 4:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

http://www.northernsound.ie/news-details.php?nid=11591

There is another rally being held in support of Sean Quinn and his family this weekend.I am expecting a large turnout from After Hours, if only to heckle the speakers.

Anyone needs a lift from Dublin you can pm a mod as they are organising 12 busses from Dublin and a few from round the country.Book your seat early.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Turning up to heckle will see no one eventually happy.

Let the daft buggers expose their daftness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Fcukin Gobsh1tes.

Have they nothing better to be doing, such as paying the extra 2% insurance levy, paying their tax into toxic banks etc on behalf of the Quinns.

There sure are some dumbass people in this country.

To avoid confusion, it's the Quinn supporters that I'm saying are dumbasses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Doubt this will happen after the incident I have heard about that happened in Quinn cement today.

Can't say anymore for now out of respect for people involved but I imagine it will be on the news tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Doubt this will happen after the incident I have heard about that happened in Quinn cement today.

Can't say anymore for now out of respect for people involved but I imagine it will be on the news tonight.

If you're talking about the death of Brian Og Maguire, it's already been on the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭kub

Typical rural Ireland mentality, hence we have gob sh**es in The Dail

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »

I'm from rural Ireland and I'm not a supporter of the Quinns.

It wasn't people from rural Ireland who elected two of the crookedest (if there is such a word) politicians we have ever seen, in Haughey and Aherne.

Yes, rural Ireland has elected some pure gobsh1tes to Dail Eireann but we can't claim exclusivity to that honour, the city folk have elected plenty of their own gobsh1tes too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A sizeable number of gobsh1tes have been voted in by city-slickers as well. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm from rural Ireland and I'm not a supporter of the Quinns. Nor am I a gobsh1te.

Indeed..
    I'm from rural Cavan and nothing would make me happier than to see Sean Quinn and some of his litter locked up for a decent amount of time for what they have done..
    TBH his "support" is really only concentrated immediately round the factories and a few GAA heads and their friends who he's obviously been palming with cash down the years and now he's cashing in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

I'd love to puch every moron that supports Quinn.

TheBody wrote: »
    I'd love to puch every moran that support Quinn.

Lucky I'm not a Moran. I've a different surname altogether. :D

• Advertisement

I'd love to puch every moran that support Quinn.

Most of the Moran's are a decent bunch to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Most of the Moran's are a decent bunch to be fair.

Well spotted :D. Don't get me started on the Moran's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Says the city slicker from Cork! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ah no in all seriousness,

thanks for voting Michael Martin in again. HA HA HA HA HA HA! Top of the fecking poll! HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'd love to puch every moran moron that support Quinn.

I've heard some morons cant spell either:P

sorry couldn't resist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Quinn, like him or hate him, brought thousands and thousands of jobs to an area which has been utterly ignored since the foundation of the state. Its only natural that those people would feel some loyalty towards him for bringing those jobs to the border area, something the govt never bothered to even try to do.

That said he is a gobsh!te who played a major part in the anglo fiasco, but he didn't guarantee the banks so it can't all be pinned on him. His neck wouldn't be the first on the chopping block.

That so many feel such loyalty towards him despite his role in destroying the economy really highlights the chronic neglect border counties have suffered, as these people know that without Quinn their areas economies would have been much worse off over the past decades.

I think people who march for him are wrong to do so, but its understandable why they do.

Quinn, like him or hate him, brought thousands and thousands of jobs to an area which has been utterly ignored since the foundation of the state. Its only natural that those people would feel some loyalty towards him for bringing those jobs to the border area, something the govt never bothered to even try to do.

That said he is a gobsh!te who played a major part in the anglo fiasco, but he didn't guarantee the banks so it can't all be pinned on him. His neck wouldn't be the first on the chopping block.

That so many feel such loyalty towards him despite his role in destroying the economy really highlights the chronic neglect border counties have suffered, as these people know that without Quinn their areas economies would have been much worse off over the past decades.

I think people who march for him are wrong to do so, but its understandable why they do.

Your right, he did create jobs - but (and I can't understand this) people seem willing to forget that he also then dumped them jobs to save his own ass and send company assets and monetary notes, to forigne shores, trying possibly to get them out of the reach of our courts - you know, the state (thats you and I) which subsequently is left to pay for his mess and further antics!

What part of that do the stupid not get or understand?

They on their own - regardless of who else is bad - broke the laws of this land under their own steam and with no gun to their heads!

The same people that stand there and support this man/family, are some possibly that give out about having to pay state fines when they get one following orders from a court - but pay it they do, even if reluctantly.
    Yet, the same people are supporting others that equally broke state laws and willing to overlook their unwillingness to pay-up or co-operate - and are left to pay too for their mess!

What stupidity!
    What blindness!

What double-standards!

a criminal is a criminal, plane and simple. No matter what anyone else has done neither does it matter who did the wrong first.. The fact that he created jobs in the past only makes it more important that he is brought to rights. We cant have a country that allows criminals to go free because they once created jobs..

Apart from Mick Wallace, he's a TD in the Dail so anything goes there.. Maybe Quinn should have stood for office??

bbam wrote: »
    ...Apart from Mick Wallace, he's a TD in the Dail so anything goes there.. Maybe Quinn should have stood for office??

He just might still if he can get away record free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

How about all those who support the Quinns pay up to cover the insurance levy and leave the rest of us out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

a criminal is a criminal, plane and simple..................................................................
    I've heard some morons cant spell either:P

sorry couldn't resist...

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

I'd love to puch every moron that supports Quinn.

head for ballyconnell then so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I wonder will Fr Brian D'arcy be there to offer comfort and support to his parishoner Sean Quinn?
    I wonder will Mickey Harte bleed the last bit of sympathy we have for him by giving a wee speech.
    I wonder will Tyrone GAA continue to call anyone who criticises Mickey Harte 'gullible' for doing so?

I wonder will Senator Sean Kelly be there to support him (and then later state that his support is been misinterpreted.

I would go myself with a big tractor full of slurry to spread on that shower of egits only but I have to stay and work to try to feed the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I wonder will Fr Brian D'arcy be there to offer comfort and support to his parishoner Sean Quinn?
    I wonder will Mickey Harte bleed the last bit of sympathy we have for him by giving a wee speech.
    I wonder will Tyrone GAA continue to call anyone who criticises Mickey Harte 'gullible' for doing so?

I wonder will Senator Sean Kelly be there to support him (and then later state that his support is been misinterpreted.

I would go myself with a big tractor full of slurry to spread on that shower of egits only but I have to stay and work to try to feed the family.

I'll give you a day's pay if you do it.

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/the-secret-donor-sean-quinn-given-500000-to-help-fight-anglo-case-3228826.html
    A SECRET donor has offered €500,000 to help fund Sean Quinn's family legal action against the former Anglo Irish Bank.

Apparently they will be doing a collection for the poor man at his rally soon!

Idiots!
    Yesterday, Judge McCloskey ruled that there had been further assignments of the underlying debt from Lyndhurst to Ukrainian companies Zenith and Elegant Invest -- transfers that allegedly took place in December 2011 but had not been disclosed to the High Court.

The IBRC argued that the new transfers amounted to further attempts to place the multi-million-euro assets beyond its reach.

"With each passing phase of this litigation, the correctness of this finding is vindicated and fortified," said Judge McCloskey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It boggles the mind how people can get behind the Quinns in such a public way. I genuinely don't understand it, can someone give me an overview of why people think the sun shines out of Seany's arse?

It boggles the mind how people can get behind the Quinns in such a public way. I genuinely don't understand it, can someone give me an overview of why people think the sun shines out of Seany's arse?

I know, he defied the law, court orders, and tried to shift money/assets seemingly illegally!

...But like Charlie Haughty, Bertie and the whole Drumcondra Mafia... "Sure he was a grand chap! He shook my hand, bought me a pint or fixed the light on me road!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Biggins wrote: »
    I know, he defied the law, court orders, and tried to shift money/assets seemingly illegally!

...But like Charlie Haughty, Bertie and the whole Drumcondra Mafia... "Sure he was a grand chap! He shook my hand, bought me a pint or fixed the light on me road!"

My mother was reared in Haughey's constituency during his reign, she's told me countless stories of how he schmoozed the locals on Sunday's after mass.

Pig.

My mother was reared in Haughey's constituency during his reign, she's told me countless stories of how he schmoozed the locals on Sunday's after mass.

Pig.

Aye, then behind their back, spent their money.

Because he provided jobs for them and many of their family members in an area which has always had relatively low levels of new job creation? It's just blind loyalty.

Something similar goes on to this day in the area where I live, re Larry Goodman. You'd never hear a bad word said about the man despite him being at the center of one of the biggest tribunals the country has ever seen. Even at the time it would be rare for anyone to say that he may have been involved in anything untoward.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭kincsem

The weather forecast is rain on Sunday. i hope it won't spoil their protest..

Because he provided jobs for them and many of their family members in an area which has always had relatively low levels of new job creation? It's just blind loyalty.

..Then he dumped their jobs... Its just blind stupidity and short selective memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm assuming it's the same reason people will still vote for Fianna Fáil or why some strap explosives to themselves. Blind faith.

Biggins wrote: »
    ..Then he dumped their jobs... Its just blind stupidity and short selective memory.

Well in any case, it's no skin off my nose if a handful of gormless twits want to stand in a field in support of the guy. I don't really see why so many people are getting agitated by it. I mean it's not going to change the lay of the land.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Well in any case, it's no skin off my nose if a handful of gormless twits want to stand in a field in support of the guy. I don't really see why so many people are getting agitated by it. I mean it's not going to change the lay of the land.

It might if they all sink in the mud and play havoc with the water table.:eek:

Sadly the more this whole fiasco is allowed drag on, the higher the state costs is going to be.
    In the long run, the people will end up paying again for the whole mess!
    It will change your and I pocket-change and bank accounts somewhat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

The rally is cancelled due to the tragic death of Brian Og Maguire

The rally is cancelled due to the tragic death of Brian Og Maguire

Or just postponed for a while, really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I was just hassling a rep from Quinn rads for All Ireland tickets. Got talking about Sundays rally and he said it was cancelled as funeral will be that day.

I didn't ask him if it would be rescheduled cos he wasn't forthcoming with my tickets so I most definitely will not be forthcoming with my support for the rally :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Quinn family accounts freed up to pay €160,000 to lawyers

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/quinn-family-accounts-freed-up-to-pay-160000-to-lawyers-3229484.html

THE High Court has allowed several family members of bankrupt businessman Sean Quinn to pay more than €160,000 in legal fees to their former lawyers.
    The Quinn family have been subject to various freezing orders-known as Mareva orders, which were imposed by Mr Justice Peter Kelly in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This whole "we have to support him as he created jobs mentality" is bull$hit imo. He didn't "create" anything or do anything purely out of the goodness of his heart. He wasn't a charity running around dispensing pay checks and giving out wads of cash to people purely because he was a great guy. He was a business man. That's all. He needed people to work for him & operate his businesses so that he could continue to rake in boat loads of money from them. That's it plain and simple. Ok so he kept his business local, so what? He had to operate it somewhere. It was probably cheaper to do so from that part of the world, as he didn't have to pay Dublin level wages, or cost of living/business expenses or hire/rent expensive Dublin city center premises. The man was a business man first and foremost. He did what suited him and his company and his family best, plain and simple. It's great that the people of an economically disadvantaged part of the country benefited from the good times, but to make him out as St Seanie of The Border Counties just because his company provided jobs is nonsense. He has always looked out for #1 and he always will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 abba twar screams

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm from rural Ireland and I'm not a supporter of the Quinns.

It wasn't people from rural Ireland who elected two of the crookedest (if there is such a word) politicians we have ever seen, in Haughey and Aherne.

Yes, rural Ireland has elected some pure gobsh1tes to Dail Eireann but we can't claim exclusivity to that honour, the city folk have elected plenty of their own gobsh1tes too.

ah yes, but they had such panache

Advertisement