Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for shellfish

Options
  • 13-09-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I'm not a big fish fan, but on the rare occasion that I've had shellfish I've quite enjoyed it. I've never cooked or prepared them myself, but was thinking of getting some mussels and other shellfish, along with some shrimp or prawns tomorrow from my local fishmonger, and doing them for dinner. I have no idea of what to do however. Any tips? I don't want anything too complicated, and I really don't want to have to pre-prepare the shellfish myself (ie removing intestine etc). I presume the fishmonger would do that for me though.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Personally I'd do a chowder.Kevin Dundon's recipe is gorgeous and works really well.A nice chunky fish pie would be another option.If you're not used to cooking shellfish then mussels can be dangerous little feckers so make sure you read up on cooking them properly and safely!

Advertisement