Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm buying the console that has a Vanquish sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I can see the exclusivity only being for a few months though. I can see them releasing a complete version down the line on xbox and ps3

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I can see the exclusivity only being for a few months though. I can see them releasing a complete version down the line on xbox and ps3
    But WiiU is more powerful than either, so why should Platinum bother with a watered-down port? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Since Nintendo are in the mood to resuscitate franchises with poor sales, a Sin & Punishment 3 and a home console equivalent of Elite Beat Agents would totally sell me on the WiiU...

On a side note, as this was in development before becoming a WiiU exclusive, I suppose any touchscreen controls will come as an afterthought. Really dubious about the whole concept of a controller with a built-in screen, especially when it's expensive (expensive but with cheapo resistive touchscreen) and diverts resources which could've been used elsewhere, but with the right games it could become the DS of home consoles...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Kinski wrote: »
    On a side note, as this was in development before becoming a WiiU exclusive, I suppose any touchscreen controls will come as an afterthought. Really dubious about the whole concept of a controller with a built-in screen, especially when it's expensive (expensive but with cheapo resistive touchscreen) and diverts resources which could've been used elsewhere, but with the right games it could become the DS of home consoles...
    I'd be shocked and, to be quite honest, extremely disappointed if this wasn't fully playable on the Pro Controller. I guess it'll depend on what kind of platform guidelines Nintendo put in place for use of the tablet and additional controllers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

As posted in another thread it will draw me to the WiiU, had very little interest before this news, plus the fact that it won't be a launch title means the console will hopefully be cheaper by the time Bayonetta 2 comes out and all the verdicts will be in as to just how good the console is, if the WiiU's crap I guess I'll just replay Bayonetta on my Xbox and suck it up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Project P-100 and Bayonetta 2 both looking like great titles on Wii-U. Glad it's been made. Not sure if it's enough for an investment yet.

🤪

gizmo wrote: »
    I'd be shocked and, to be quite honest, extremely disappointed if this wasn't fully playable on the Pro Controller. I guess it'll depend on what kind of platform guidelines Nintendo put in place for use of the tablet and additional controllers.

I'm sure it will be, maybe with an optional simplified control scheme with some combo buttons on the touchscreen, like SF IV on the 3DS has.

Though IMO if this tablet thing is well-designed (i.e. comfortable to hold and use) there should be no need for a Pro controller - the tablet has all the same buttons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Since Nintendo are in the mood to resuscitate franchises with poor sales, a Sin & Punishment 3 and a home console equivalent of Elite Beat Agents would totally sell me on the WiiU...

Screw Elite Beat Agents - home console Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan is the dream! As long as they remove those spinny bits...

You know, if Nintendo just wanted exclusive rights to a cult favourite as a sort of "Trojan Horse" franchise to draw in core gamers, they could just stump up for Shenmue 3. It would cost a fortune, and almost certainly lose money, but they'd sell a load of WiiUs to people who wouldn't otherwise have bought one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You know, if Nintendo just wanted exclusive rights to a cult favourite as a sort of "Trojan Horse" franchise to draw in core gamers, they could just stump up for Shenmue 3. It would cost a fortune, and almost certainly lose money, but they'd sell a load of WiiUs to people who wouldn't otherwise have bought one.

Probably. Mind, I'd stake a lung on us seeing another Mother trilogy before that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

It has co-op. I reckon the combat will suffer.

snausages wrote: »
    It has co-op. I reckon the combat will suffer.
    I have yet to be let down by Platinum.

Also, short-hair Bayonetta is LURVELY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Wish I knew when it was out. Really want it, though it really didn't need multiplayer in any way, shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Also, short-hair Bayonetta is LURVELY!

Nice to see she's still using it as a weapon though... and, ya know... her clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Loved the first game .... after i played it a second time and really want to play this but seriously how many copies are they expecting to sell over here by making it a wii u exclusive :(

I fully expect this to be a wii u exclusive ..... for now !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

calex71 wrote: »
    Loved the first game .... after i played it a second time and really want to play this but seriously how many copies are they expecting to sell over here by making it a wii u exclusive :(

I fully expect this to be a wii u exclusive ..... for now !!!!!

It'll definitely stay a Wii U exclusive. Nintendo helped to fund the game, without them it wouldn't have been made.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

calex71 wrote: »

I don't see why it wouldn't sell well. It has a large fanbase, likely to get good reviews (unless they somehow **** it up), it'll sell a number of Wii U consoles as it is.

I'll wait til the reviews come out but it's highly likely I'll get a Wii U at this point, between this, Pikmin 3 and Lego City Undercover.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

All the links from the Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct are here. Full presentation below.

Already pre-ordered the First Run edition, for now at least. :o

Now, to look into getting a WiiU...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gizmo wrote: »
    All the links from the Bayonetta 2 Nintendo Direct are here. Full presentation below.

Already pre-ordered the First Run edition, for now at least. :o

Now, to look into getting a WiiU...

First Run ordered, tried to earlier but it was blocked to UK addresses, fixed now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

I wish I could justify buying a Wii U just to play this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

:confused::confused::confused:

They're practically throwing the thing at you for free at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I feel the same about PS4, having to justify buying one just to play Infamous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm surprised they were not as risqué with their naming of the special editions as per last gens version.

'Double Entry Edition' for the twin pack maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Only €40 on Amazon very tempting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Justify it with Bayonetta 2, Mario 3d World, Mario Kart 8, Pikmin 3, Splatoon, the new Zelda, Nintendoland, Earthbound and the Devil's Third instead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Those people that have played Bayonetta before, will you jump straight to 2 or play through 1 again beforehand?

Fawk Nin wrote: »
    Those people that have played Bayonetta before, will you jump straight to 2 or play through 1 again beforehand?

Will probably check out the Wii U verdion of the first game before quickly moving onto the second.

First Print Edition is sold out on Game, still copies available on Nintendo's website.

Will probably check out the Wii U verdion of the first game before quickly moving onto the second.

First Print Edition is sold out on Game, still copies available on Nintendo's website.

And its gone! Great for Nintendo to sell all 15,300 copies of the First Print Edition within 48 hours of being on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

here in europe Bayonetta 2 is out in october but she coming out in halloween for europe, but
    super smash bros 3ds or Bayonetta 2 is that tough decisions are coming same month and they mites put with dlcs for every game i cant afford both

Advertisement