Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bayonetta 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    here in europe Bayonetta 2 is out in october but she coming out in halloween for europe, but
    super smash bros 3ds or Bayonetta 2 is that tough decisions are coming same month and they mites put with dlcs for every game i cant afford both

That decision is upto you, but if you want a disc copy of Bayonetta 1 for the Wii U it would probably be a good idea to pick up the Bayonetta 2 Special Edition sooner rather than later as Nintendo special editions tend to sell out quickly. Otherwise I would go with whichever game I want to play more.

I found the Smash Bros demo a bit weird having the jump and attack buttons reversed from normal convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So is the first print the only version with Bayo1, or will there be DLC for the latecomers?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's three editions:

Solus - Bayonetta 2 only.
    Special Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2
    First Print Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2, and fancy leatherbound book replica of in-game book. (Sold out everywhere already)

Star Lord wrote: »
    There's three editions:

Solus - Bayonetta 2 only.
    Special Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2
    First Print Edition - Bayonetta 1 & 2, and fancy leatherbound book replica of in-game book. (Sold out everywhere already)

There are 15,300 copies of the First Print edition and they sold out in less than 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Does the Bayonetta 1 port have Tag Climax co-op?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Does the Bayonetta 1 port have Tag Climax co-op?
    There's been no mention of it so far anyway and, to be honest, I highly highly doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,102 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And Edge review has given Bayonetta 2 a
    ---10---

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Looks like I'm getting a Wii U :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Glad i stuck with getting it so now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

with dlcs with game €60 for this wont be final payment

• Advertisement

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    with dlcs with game €60 for this wont be final payment

Doubt it would be that high with dlc, Amazon are selling the game for €40.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's not like anybody is forcing anyone to buy DLC either. This is a complete game on its own, unlike some games that are released these days ;) DLC, if it does come, is a wholly optional extra. It's not something to factor into the purchasing price.

anyway with halloween and super smash bros 3ds in october i cant afford to get bayonette 2

I think I have discussed this many times before but here goes… First of all, we [Platinum Games] are developers and receive support from publishers by making games that they request or suggest.

As for Bayonetta, we developed the game after signing a deal with SEGA. Later it was decided to also develop the sequel, so we started working on Bayonetta 2.

When development had progressed to a certain degree, in SEGA’s situation it turned into “This isn’t a good plan”, so development halted temporarily.

Without funding we didn’t have the possibility to continue development, but we wanted to get this partially developed Bayonetta 2 available to the public one way or another. So we offered it to various publishers, but as it is a big title, we couldn’t find a partner company. Finally, Bayonetta 2 was about to get terminated completely, when…

Nintendo came in and lent a hand and we were able to restart the development we so desired. Finally the game was released last week, so in five years, we were able to make Bayonetta 2 available to the public.

Knowing those circumstances, if someone is still angry for heading towards Nintendo, I wonder what’s the reason for that, wouldn’t you tell me in a way that is easy to understand?

As I have said earlier, if you want Bayonetta 2 on PS4 or Xbox One, how about trying to ask Nintendo… If Nintendo doesn’t say yes, it’s not going to happen… While you’re at it, try asking for Mario and Zelda too…

Nice little summary from Kamiya on how Bayonetta 2 happened, or almost didn't, over at Nintendo Everything. Kind of handles the whole question of whether the game will ever see a multi-platform release too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frankly, even by the standards of the gaming community, the 'boycott Bayonetta 2 because it's on Wii U' movement represents a complete abandonment of reason and the prevalence of bizarre stubbornness. Disappointing it has been so vocal that Platinum even needed to comment on the situation. But you can't get any more definitive a statement as that.

they missing out ea games having on awesome console and wiiu is more powerful the xbox the one graphics specifications aka wiiu is 1080pi hd while xbox the one gives 900pi hd

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

fKZrOpb.png

:pac:

Really looking forward to the 24th...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

blag wrote: »
    fKZrOpb.png

:pac:

Really looking forward to the 24th...

Ah Kamiya is some character. There's a story about him during the development of Viewtiful Joe he tried focus testing for the first time. When the focus testing came back negative from the kids that were testing it because it was too hard he went bonkers and ran the kids out of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Frankly, even by the standards of the gaming community, the 'boycott Bayonetta 2 because it's on Wii U' movement represents a complete abandonment of reason and the prevalence of bizarre stubbornness. Disappointing it has been so vocal that Platinum even needed to comment on the situation. But you can't get any more definitive a statement as that.

Jaysus people are f***ing idiots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Supposedly inferior hardware means you cannot still create great games ?

wii was inferior to ps3 and 360 and still Xenoblade Chronicles was the best looking game for me along with Mario Galaxy.

This whole my system does this better or mine is more powerful is stupid school bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

gizmo wrote: »
    Nice little summary from Kamiya on how Bayonetta 2 happened, or almost didn't, over at Nintendo Everything. Kind of handles the whole question of whether the game will ever see a multi-platform release too.

Its odd that people are annoyed about this. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2 at all, so I don't understand how they can justify there anger.

Also, if they don't know a Wii U, well its not like they were going to buy the game in anyways, so who cares what they think.

wes wrote: »
    Its odd that people are annoyed about this. If it wasn't for Nintendo, there wouldn't be a Bayonetta 2 at all, so I don't understand how they can justify there anger.

Also, if they don't know a Wii U, well its not like they were going to buy the game in anyways, so who cares what they think.
    Some people got angry when Devil May Cry 4 was released on the 360 as well as the PS3. They got so angry they even made a petition about it.

Some people are weird. :)

gizmo wrote: »
    Some people got angry when Devil May Cry 4 was released on the 360 as well as the PS3. They got so angry they even made a petition about it.

Some people are weird. :)

Some people are weird enough to send Kamiya their own smashed property in a perceived attempt to demonstrate their outrage....
    jjLWq.png

..I bet the sender felt pretty satisfied popping that in the post box :pac:

Back on topic: I've been avoiding spoilers as much as possible but the few bits and pieces I've seen look awesome. The Umbran Climax system looks like a great new way to mix things up with magic usage. The guns seem much meatier now too.

Here's a short combo video I came across, doesn't have much in the way of weapon or story spoilers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think this and gamergate show that the vocal minority of gamers are complete and utter twonks. May Kamiya long continue to abuse them on twitter for our amusement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Huh? GG were bothering Kamiya? What beef could they possibly have with him? Isn't that just a journalism transparency... uh... campaign or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kamiyas twitter feed has always been a enjoyable read.

2410201-kamiya_calls_out_kotaku_on_being_garbage_2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hah, Kamiya trolling on twitter as usual I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Huh? GG were bothering Kamiya? What beef could they possibly have with him? Isn't that just a journalism transparency... uh... campaign or something?
    No, they were not bothering him.

There's a demo up on the eShop :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Excellent demo. Not sold on the touch controls. Feels like easy mode to me.

Advertisement