Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bin Jumping?

• 13-09-2012 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭

Anyone else that dons the aul wellies on the night before bin day just to get that last bag in?

Any funny stories?

One of my cousins once broke a leg when he fell out of the bin. Took quite a while for him to admit how it happened though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Wha?

I don't think I've heard had a problem getting a bag into a bin. Even if I did, just leave it by the bins in the morning when they're pulled out to the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

thinly veiled 'i use the bin' thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I thought this was what God invented fat kids for. Especially agile fat kids with big feet. Every home should have one.

Hmm. Wellies no, never occured to me. Though was coaxed by two housemates with a particularly full recycle bin, into hopping off the wall into the bin, the feckers were supposed to hold the damn thing steady, toppled, they jumped backwards, landed on the bonnet of my housemate's car, no damage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Often hop in skips and the like, it's not to fit more rubbish in or anything, I just love stamping on the homeless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ya all the time
    but only with workboots
    wellies are for pussies

M cebee wrote: »
    ya all the time
    but only with workboots
    wellies are for pussies

You sir have just insulted the section of the community with the most guns and challenged their manhoods. Farmers rise up!

ya all the time
    but only with workboots
    wellies are for pussies

You sir have just insulted the section of the community with the most guns and challenged their manhoods. Farmers rise up!
    i could be in trouble
    if they learn to shoot straight

i could be in trouble
    if they learn to shoot straight

Shoot straight? When was the last time you saw a dangerous animal like a lion or a bear in the wilds of Ireland, we spud munchers don't miss.

Shoot straight? When was the last time you saw a dangerous animal like a lion or a bear in the wilds of Ireland, we spud munchers don't miss.
    Yeah, they're like St Patrick with the snakes, not alone got rid of them, got rid of all trace of their skeletons, their fossils and any form of habitat they might have lived in. Thorough crowd, them culchies.

• Advertisement

Pottler wrote: »
    Yeah, they're like St Patrick with the snakes, not alone got rid of them, got rid of all trace of their skeletons, their fossils and any form of habitat they might have lived in. Thorough crowd, them culchies.

Exactly right, sure wasn't Paddy a farmer himself for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Once fell over the high fence i was using to balance and straight down into the neighbours garden whilst stomping the bags in.
    Awkward knocking on the neighbours back door......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I use one of these. No more climbing into bins for me

http://www.bintrasher.com/

I've made it in life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

My mum decided to climb into the recycling bin one day and pulled the bin over to a low wall that has the grass pretty much level to it behind the wall. She fell out of the bin but luckily fell onto the grass.

We gave her a severe slagging but also gave out to her and told her not to do it again coz she has a balance problem and could do terrible damage if she fell forward.

She now gets my youngest to do it for her. :D

on a serious note(for information purposes)

i wouldn't recommend anyone compact a wheelie bin with wellies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

on a serious note(for information purposes)

i wouldn't recommend anyone compact a wheelie bin with wellies

Why not? (aside from the obvious falling out of the bin danger)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

I've made it in life!

50 quid for two lengths of metal and a hinge? You must have REALLY made it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Those crushers are handy, but they can compact the bin too much and then the sodding thing won't empty fully and your left with half a full bin after paying for a bin ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

Thickly veiled ' i have a wellie fetish ' thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

anhedonia wrote: »
    thinly veiled 'i use the bin' thread.
    alphabeat wrote: »
    Thickly veiled ' i have a wellie fetish ' thread

Can this be the next thing banned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Have done it, but you're better off crushing things before they go in the wheelie bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I was wondering if this is the new YoreMa or BlastItWith, just now !

Exactly right, sure wasn't Paddy a farmer himself for a while.
    he grew shamrock and sold it to the Yanks apparently. First trans-atlantic entreprenuer exporter. Great lad, a saint he was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Thinly Veiled, "I'm mod material, please pick me please pick me..." ;)

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

To the person who asked Why jump on the bin...

Pay by weight area? No point jumping on bin.

Pay by Lift area? If I can squish two more bags in there thats 2 less tags I need to buy for the overflow. In our case thats 12 euro a week.....times 52 weeks = I don't care who laughs when they see my head bouncing up and down behind the hedge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

you humourless jobsworth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Just leave a bag on top or throw it in a neighbours bin. The joys of living up North!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I've made it in life!

Hmm... suspiciously similar to this...uploaded two years earlier. Dragons Den eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

Hello, My name is Radius and I jump on my bins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement