Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beauty PLC Career prospects

Options
  • 13-09-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm thinking of possibly doing a one year beauty related PLC course next year. I was wondering if yous have any advice on what kind of work I could get after completing the course. I'm thinking of doing nail technician modules and stuff, so is it easy to get a job as a nail technician or similar in a beauty salon after completing only a one year course?
    Would I be required to do something like an apprenticeship like they do in hairdressing, before I'd be able to commence work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 amyos24

Most salons and spas would require you to have a C.I.B.T.A.C. or C.I.D.E.S.C.O qualification. This is because they cover all the main skills you need to work as a beautician.

If you want to be a nail technician however I would suggest doing a nail technician course which would better your job prospects. Some nail bars hiring require you to do a litle trial first to show your manicure skills etc. and might starting you off training for a few months first because it takes allot of practice. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

amyos24 wrote: »
    Most salons and spas would require you to have a C.I.B.T.A.C. or C.I.D.E.S.C.O qualification. This is because they cover all the main skills you need to work as a beautician.

do you get these qualifications from a plc course or would I have to do other courses too? :)

Advertisement