Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English on timetable is confusing (ARTS)

Options
  • 13-09-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I am a first year student and I am doing English through Arts as one of my subjects. When I looked up the timetable it had English lectures everywhere.

I heard that you only do some of the modules but I have no idea which ones. Does anyone know how I find out which modules to do?

English is first thing on Monday I have no idea if I should go to the lecture (it also says ENGSEM2 beside some of them, including the first lecture I just mentioned, does anyone know what that means?).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

You choose either EN152A or EN152B (you get a while to choose which one I think). EN150 is made up of tutorials so you will be assigned one of them during the first week or two. EN171 etc are just for people studying single honours English, so you don't have to go to the first class on Monday. Go to EN152B at 12pm in TH1 (which is in the arts block, straight in front of the main entrance. Go in the door on the left as TH2 is beside it). Check the first year English page on moodle and it'll probably have more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭How so Joe

Half the English lectures on the timetable are the denominated English degree.
    So if you're English through arts you only need to do EN150 and EN152.
    I dunno how you decide if you're A or B, though. That bit's too complicated for me.
    EN150 is a tutorial/seminar subject, so it's not on the timetable.

And EN152A and B aren't in ENGSEM, so you're alright!

Edit: Shauna's way better at this than me. Haha, probably because she's actually studied English. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 callistofalk

Thanks guys, this helped a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 theNewGirl

If you log onto moodle it explains the whole thing in more detail, go on to the forum for the course.

Advertisement