Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied Maths - What Book To Use?

• 13-09-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I was thinking about doing Applied Maths outside of school instead of Economics, I was wondering what you guys would consider to be the best book for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Heard good stuff about the 'Applied Maths for Leaving Certificate or Foundation Mechanics for Third Level' by Kevin Conliffe.. Pretty sure it's out of print now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoeOBrien1

I'm doing applied maths, I had one grind every two weeks and never touched the book I might use it once month, but it's not necessary you need to get the papers and there's lots of stuff on the Internet. But the book I got was called fundamental applied maths, I think..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

"Fundamental Applied Maths 2nd Edition" by Oliver Murphy is the book that I use for applied maths. I'm in 6th year and I've been using it since 5th year. It's clear and concise with no waffle in it and it has tonnes of practice questions that increase in difficulty in it.

If I was picking a book for Applied Maths I would choose this book.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Get Oliver Murphy's book, Fundamental Applied Maths. If you can do all the questions you'll get an A. Using a combo of that book and all the papers back to 1970 I got 99% on the exam, higher level.

Just don't use his statement of Archimedes Principal, use the one in the marking scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭AnnaTorvFan

Thanks everyone :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement