Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 3 See mod note Post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Blay wrote: »

Your theory could still be on track..
    Patchface's ramblings about the RW mentioned chains 'Fool's blood, king's blood, blood on the maiden's thigh, but chains for the guests and chains for the bridegroom, aye aye aye'
    Chains probably means dany's "purchase" in astapor.. (i can't put spoilers on with my phone so ill just be vague). It's a massive turning point for her and IMO when her POV chapters really get interesting. It would make sense that GRRM would want to write these scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

GerB40 wrote: »
    Chains probably means dany's "purchase" in astapor.. (i can't put spoilers on with my phone so ill just be vague). It's a massive turning point for her and IMO when her POV chapters really get interesting. It would make sense that GRRM would want to write these scenes.

Yeah that's what I realised after and put into my edit. The "Khaleesi" fans will love that :pac:
    It's a great scence but for me it's a pity her POV's all go fairly well downhill after that, except for dragon and Barristan related interjections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Some still photos from the new season;

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

The sets look fantastic.

This shot is amazing.

GameOfThrones_E302_Stannis_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

The sets look fantastic.

This shot is amazing.

GameOfThrones_E302_Stannis_01.jpg
    All the picture's look class.. I didn't think we'd see much Stannis in this season, they must be beefing up his story somehow. Which is great coz Stannis is a ****in badass..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Trailer for a trailer. Full trailer going to be on Jimmy Kimmel (I know, I know) tonight

First person to say 'trailerception' gets a slap

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Very excited!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Love the music, can't wait! Hate YouTube comments, went in to find the name of the song and spoilers everywhere :( nearly finished the 4th book but read something I didn't know about yet :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well that's got me pretty amped now. Only just over a month left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My body is ready.

Surprised how long they took in getting a full trailer out, but then I guess it has become such a massive hit it doesn't really need the publicity anymore.

I caught glimpses of comment threads with people debating what X means at Y seconds, but generally I've stayed spoiler-free (though I am completely sick of people eyebrow-wiggling about
    red weddings, whatever that means
    ): I gotta be honest - being completely oblivious to the books really helps maintain the excitement about this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

pixelburp wrote: »
    My body is ready.

Surprised how long they took in getting a full trailer out, but then I guess it has become such a massive hit it doesn't really need the publicity anymore.

I caught glimpses of comment threads with people debating what X means at Y seconds, but generally I've stayed spoiler-free (though I am completely sick of people eyebrow-wiggling about
    ): I gotta be honest - being completely oblivious to the books really helps maintain the excitement about this show.

if i were you id stay the f*ck away from forums like this. sooner or later you'll accidently read something you shouldnt have, i ruined a big thing in the third book through this

how big did drogon look to people? first viewing thought he looked huge, but its hard to tell

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    if i were you id stay the f*ck away from forums like this. sooner or later you'll accidently read something you shouldnt have, i ruined a big thing in the third book through this

There's usually two threads for each episode: one for those who have read the books, another for those who haven't. Granted there have been a few idiots posting inappropriate things in the non-books threads, but otherwise Boards has been fairly safe for spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

watchin season 2 again god cant waittttttttttttttttttt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Dubhlinner wrote: »
    how big did drogon look to people? first viewing thought he looked huge, but its hard to tell

Not that big but I'm guessing
    from that scene that it's when they're on the long voyage, so he wouldn't have grown as much compared to when they're in Meereen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

pixelburp wrote: »
    but generally I've stayed spoiler-free (though I am completely sick of people eyebrow-wiggling about

Ya there's alot of that going on! I don't even think that many of those trolls have read the books just read the wiki page. It is rampant from forums, to youtube and even on xbox live.

In a way I envy you in your ignorant bliss at watching events unfold in series 3.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ya there's alot of that going on! I don't even think that many of those trolls have read the books just read the wiki page. It is rampant from forums, to youtube and even on xbox live.

In a way I envy you in your ignorant bliss at watching events unfold in series 3.

I'm interested to see what bits they leave out as well.

Book readers should be aware that TV season 3 only covers half of book 3 (much like the book itself was split in paperback I guess), so some of the events that people may be looking forward to may not be in this season. More time = more detail so that's all good imo, pity each season is only 10 shows long though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Jernal wrote: »

They went with a somewhat similar sounding Florence+Machine song last year.
    It seems to go with it inexplicably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Gbear wrote: »
    They went with a somewhat similar sounding Florence+Machine song last year.
    It seems to go with it inexplicably.

I didn't think so, song sounds very out of place in the trailer to me. I seem to be in the minority though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They've released the name of the episodes for this season:
    Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
    Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
    Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
    Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
    Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
    Ep. 306 – TBD
    Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
    Ep. 308 – TBD
    Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
    Ep. 310 – Mhysa
    So episode 9 is going to be the big one. That's the way it's gone the last two seasons isn't it?

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    I didn't think so, song sounds very out of place in the trailer to me. I seem to be in the minority though.

Yeah you're right. It's kinda weird.

It's a bit jarring when there's modern music played in a medieval setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

They don't know what to call episode 7:pac: Been 3 different titles at this stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah you're right. It's kinda weird.

It's a bit jarring when there's modern music played in a medieval setting.

I'd like to see them get more bands to do songs from the books like they did with The National for the rains of castemere last season.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd like to see them get more bands to do songs from the books like they did with The National for the rains of castemere last season.

Did I hear that they're going to make an appearance in the show this season?

Did I hear that they're going to make an appearance in the show this season?

Ooh I didn't hear that. I wonder will they be playing the music in a certain scene!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ah episode names.

I see a 2 minute trailer is being released on Sunday - about time!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

5starpool wrote: »
    Book readers should be aware that TV season 3 only covers half of book 3 (much like the book itself was split in paperback I guess), so some of the events that people may be looking forward to may not be in this season. More time = more detail so that's all good imo, pity each season is only 10 shows long though.
    To be fair, Book three could easily be broken into two seasons alright. There's AT LEAST two or three potential season highlights (nudge nudge). To be honest, I'd say HBO will probably try to push for 10 seasons (Assuming that it remains successful) They could then do a major restructuring of Books 4/5 for seasons 5/6 (And cut out about 50% of them. [Kind of
    Do we really need "that" cercie arc?)

[Again, kind of
    I think season 4/5 are going to be the toughest to keep viewers for HBO. I always thought they dragged on an on and on for the main reason of giving the dragons time to grow

Having said that, I can't wait to Ned Stark being resurrected. That's gonna be a MAJOR shocker

JK folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Having said that, I can't wait to Ned Stark being resurrected. That's gonna be a MAJOR shocker

JK folks!

lol, sadly not possible, as sean bean is contracted to die in anything he does except Sharpe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

For those getting annoyed with the nudge-nudge, wink-wink about upcoming scenes.

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20130225

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Extended trailer :D

Anyone know what the part with Cat and Robb in the castle with all the dead bodies is about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Ugh.... The music in that trailer feels completley wrong, dosen't build up any tension or suspence.

Anyone know what the part with Cat and Robb in the castle with all the dead bodies is about?

Its Harrenhal isnt it?

Its Harrenhal isnt it?
    Why would Robb be there?

Spoilers probably required from here on in.

Spoilers probably required from here on in.

Im just making the observation that it looks like Harrenhal -
    (not sure what they would be doing to have Rob and Mammy Stark there).

28 days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Folks, just FYI...... Don't........
    Trust me.... DON'T!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I'm lost as well with that scene... :confused: But true there's a bit of Harrenhall in the trailer :mad:

As usual they didn't forget to include the nakedness haha

• Advertisement

I'm thinking it may be a scene added in to show the stress Robb is under and contemplating whether its all worthwhile. Probably dialogue going on between him and Cat about releasing Jamie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

How have I just seen the trailer now...

Excitement is not the word!

Dragons fool! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭buckfast69

I hope they do some dream sequences for arya, when she dreams of nymeria. I think they good do a great job of and they could pretty savage.

^^
    Can you use spoilers please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Would it not be Winterfell ? Last season ended with it being sacked and I'd assume first thing season 3 Rob would return once he gets word.

Would it not be Winterfell ? Last season ended with it being sacked and I'd assume first thing season 3 Rob would return once he gets word.

Could be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,448 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Riverrun surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

*SNIP* Mod Edit : I edited for quoted spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Attention all please see the MOD note in post #1 if you have not seen it already

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

calex71 wrote: »
    Attention all please see the MOD note in post #1 if you have not seen it already

Even the thing with the yolk? What about the other bit with yer man? How about the thingymajig that happens after the other thing?

Good rule, btw.

Advertisement