Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Month Old Crying and Moaning Hard At Bedtime

Options
  • 13-09-2012 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Hi there,

My 7 month old son cries and moans when put to bed. I know he is teething at moment. Is this the reason.? He has.no teeth yet. What's.strange is he only cries.like this at night. My.wife.thinks its because.he.is very tired, and when.he.is.tired.he cant bear teething pain as good as he.could earlier.in the day. We give.him Calpol and rub Bonjela.onto his gum's. We also give him a teething ring. None.of these seem to be working. When.he.does.sleep he can sleep for 12 hours. He is great! Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to help him be calm when.he.goes to bed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Mine was like that the odd time (10 months now). We have a bedtime routine now which is bottle, put baby into his growbag, then read him a story. If you do it every night the baby knows it's bedtime and expects to be put down to bed. Before we put him down it's a cuddle, kiss, put him down and leave the room straight away. If we stand over him for any lenght he thinks he's going to get picked up!
    This method is working very well for us, even through teething and foot hand mouth disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Do you think it could be wind or constipation? How is he taking to solids? My 7 month old Is havinga hard time with wheat. When you give him the teether, does he dig it into his gums like a crazed maniac? If so ots could be the teething, if not it could be something.
    Does he stop crying when you pick hime up?

How long between waking from his last nap and his bed time?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Must have been a phase he is sleeping perfect now. 12 hours every night

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Do you think it could be wind or constipation? How is he taking to solids? My 7 month old Is havinga hard time with wheat. When you give him the teether, does he dig it into his gums like a crazed maniac? If so ots could be the teething, if not it could be something.
    Does he stop crying when you pick hime up?

How long between waking from his last nap and his bed time?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Delighted.............my fella had been awake the past 3 nights, calpol is only lasting 3 hrs, he's gums are killing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I.know you got this sorted but my daughter does this when fighting her sleep. Like you say tho once she gives in she could sleep for Ireland

• Advertisement
Advertisement