Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much petrol do you get at the pump?

• 13-09-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

Simple enough, how much do you spend on fuel when you go to the forecourt. Do you vary it up or do you usually get the same amount each time? Do you have a quirk whereby you must have it end on a particular amount. Are you exact?

This morning I put 42.23 euro into my petrol tank for the sheer hell of it. I am not conforming to rounding it off anymore. YOLO and all that. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Omackeral wrote: »

This morning I put 42.23 euro into my petrol tank for the sheer hell of it.

That was the best place to put it alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

The yellow petrol light in my car is a permanent feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Hersheys

Depends really. For driving around on a weekly basis I'll put in €20 each go, if I'm driving a big drive (Dublin to Limerick or something) I'll put in more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Enough to get me to where i need to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I fill my tank up when I go to the pumps. The last visit cost me about 80 euros.

My car is a diesel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I fill it to the brim and whatever that costs I pay, I hate petrol stations so by filling my car I visit them less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Usually 20 or 30. 50 if im feeling adventurous :cool: Its costs almost 150 to fill so I've only done that once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

joolsveer wrote: »
    I fill my tank up when I go to the pumps. The last visit cost me about 80 euros.

Long time since 80 filled mine, last time was 104:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

€10-15 is enough to keep me going for the week. If I'm going across country to Dublin €30-40 would do it with fuel to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

MadYaker wrote: »
    Usually 20 or 30. 50 if im feeling adventurous :cool: Its costs almost 150 to fill so I've only done that once.

What do you drive, by the sounds of it 20 euro might get you to the next garage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Colmustard wrote: »
    What do you drive, by the sounds of it 20 euro might get you to the next garage.

Its a lexus is200 and yeah its not great on fuel but I love it, it used to be 20 with my last car but its 30 now more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BamBam92

over 60 a week for me! 20 or 30 each go! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

£60/€80 fill it up so I don't have to face the depression for at least a week. I used to use half a tank a day so its not too bad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

no petrol as I have a Diesel. the last time I filled it cost me €105, I usually put fifty €.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its a lexus is200 and yeah its not great on fuel but I love it, it used to be 20 with my last car but its 30 now more often than not.

Are you sure you dont have a hole in your tank? €150 is 88 litres at €1.70 a litre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭brembo26

€20 is plenty for me for the week, being a student and all that im surprised im not putting in less :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Tenner will do me grand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Omackeral wrote: »
    Simple enough, how much do you spend on fuel when you go to the forecourt.

My car get's 40 rods to the hogshead and that's just the way I likes it

I normally buy something in multiples of 5's, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 Euro.

One time I was putting "€25 Euro" of diesel into my car .. turns out I was looking at the Litres on the dial ... got a nasty surprise when I went to pay ... but had an almost full tank though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I used to put in €50 each time i went. But since i got a visa debit card, im not concerned about change so just fill up to the max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

three fiddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

My fuel indicator is gimped, so I have to sort of guess. For this reason, I keep it full, so top it up about twice a week.
    It's a great game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

ScumLord wrote: »
    €10-15 is enough to keep me going for the week. If I'm going across country to Dublin €30-40 would do it with fuel to spare.
    So you drive either a Moped or honda 50?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Lorgach

I usually just fill up to the brim when required and it usually costs around €65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I fill the tank most times, around €70. Might as well, its not like you wont use it. Unless I'm broke, in which case €10 will be the lowest I go.

(Btw, Ctrl+Alt+4 will give you the € sign on most keyboards....... just sayin')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

fill it

you use it eventually and the trend is for prices to go up rather than down, get it while its cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I just brim it. Normally around €60 or €70. Can last me anywhere between 2 days and 2 months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Dean09 wrote: »
    The yellow petrol light in my car is a permanent feature.

It adds great ambience I think :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Nearly always 40L at a time. It's easier to keep track on how much each 40L costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Nearly always 40L at a time. It's easier to keep track on how much each 40L costs.

I gave up on keeping track of the cost, it hurts too much :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just put in €50 tonight, back in college this week so I'd say that will be happening a lot! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

I play a game of wits with the petrol station, it started with trying to offload my cents, so I would put in 20.01, 20.02, 20.05 - then one day I put in 20.08 and got 30 change back out of a 50, now its all 20.06 or 7 with large notes going in.. In a year I might save a fiver...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

it depends, today it is slebenty sleben cent, tomorrow it could be slebenty quiffen, oooooooo look I found my new old bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Enough to fill all the petrol cans I have with me the odd day I even put some in the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I fill up every time. There is no point in just putting in a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

ugh!!i lost interest when i read 'yolo '..(shivers down my back)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

I would normally get four petrols depending on how big they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Maudi wrote: »
    ugh!!i lost interest when i read 'yolo '..(shivers down my back)

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

€35 to fill a GSXR 750 and e16 to fill a Honda Bros :eek:

I prefer to fill them up and be done with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

So you drive either a Moped or honda 50?
    No Citroen C4 1.6HDi van and I drive her fast. Its very economical, much lighter than a car and is faster than most 1.9 petrols I've been up agaisnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

I brim it, 40-45 litres 2-3 times a week, I never buy a fixed amount in euros because the way it's been this summer I wouldn't have a clue how much petrol is actually in there. I also use the trip meter (Old Biker) more than the gauge, It's more accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I pull in to fill the van, and usually a couple of others pull in with me(I've a few) and all get filled. Not hugely unusual for the morning cup of coffee and a bit of diesel to cost €400-500, which I love. It makes my day.:mad: That happens about every second/third day. A grand a week is about typical. Somtimes a bit more, somtimes a bit less. Novelty deffo wears off after a while. Filling the car becomes a bit irrelevant after that for me, so whatever it takes, it gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

About €60-70, or when the pump clicks. Which ever comes first. About every 2-3 weeks.

€35 to fill a GSXR 750 and e16 to fill a Honda Bros :eek:

I prefer to fill them up and be done with it

I once drove one of these for a few miles (level ground, no pedals) using the few drops left in the nozzle of 2 pumps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Last week I put so much petrol into my car that I was hardly able to get in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The last time I brimmed my car from empty it cost me €105, have being keeping an eye on fuel costs the last few months with an app on the iPhone called "Road Trip".

I get 31mpg and will be commuting a distance of 500miles a week from next month which would cost me €126/week in Petrol. I am having my car converted to LPG autogas this month which will cost €1000 but instead I will only be paying around €70/week in fuel and will save the cost of the conversion in about 5 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

ScumLord wrote: »
    No Citroen C4 1.6HDi van and I drive her fast. Its very economical, much lighter than a car and is faster than most 1.9 petrols I've been up agaisnt.

What's the bhp on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Stinicker wrote: »
    The last time I brimmed my car from empty it cost me €105, have being keeping an eye on fuel costs the last few months with an app on the iPhone called "Road Trip".

I get 31mpg and will be commuting a distance of 500miles a week from next month which would cost me €126/week in Petrol. I am having my car converted to LPG autogas this month which will cost €1000 but instead I will only be paying around €70/week in fuel and will save the cost of the conversion in about 5 months.
    And will also have great stories to tell about "that time I got a feckin LPG kit fitted", plus the wisdom acquired as to why it's not more widespread.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

About €90-€100 to fill my car, about 880km.

A tyre costs anything from €155 up to€230, I'll get at least 12k out of them:mad:

staker wrote: »
    About €90-€100 to fill my car, about 880km.

A tyre costs anything from €155 up to€230, I'll get at least 12k out of them:mad:

Is it one of those hateful ugly luxury SUV things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

eth0 wrote: »
    Is it one of those hateful ugly luxury SUV things?

Nah, a Honda Accord.
    I'd consider one if I could fill it for less than a tonne though:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement