Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much petrol do you get at the pump?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I remember when the gauge on my car used to show 3/4 or full. Halcyon days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I have abandoned Petrol entirely and now run my car on LPG Autogas which costs between €0.80 to €0.99 in the places that sell it. Running my car hasn't cost this little in around 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Sala wrote: »
    Not so long ago I felt really sad when I realised the person before me had bought 5euro in petrol. Maybe they don't drive much, but I couldn't help thinking they were so poor all they put in was a fiver:(

Probably me! I basically fill it so thats the needle rises from the bottom slightly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

I do a lot of city driving so i usually put €25 twice a week, thats diesel btw, no way could i afford a petrol car. Im surprised at the amount of ppl on this tread still driving petrols.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Sauve wrote: »
    My fuel indicator is gimped, so I have to sort of guess. For this reason, I keep it full, so top it up about twice a week.
    It's a great game :)

Same with our car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

If I'm filling, €50 would do it!

When it gets three quarter of the way through the month, a tenner, twice a week, gets me and the OH to and from work! Not too bad compared to some ppl I Know! One of my friends puts at least €85 a week in his! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I can't remember the last time I filled my tank, too much of a budget these days. I always go up in increments of five. Like if I accidentally went over the 20 i'd have to put in 25, I couldn't leave it at 21. It's the only thing i'm a bit OCD about.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭JessePinkman

Just enough to keep the yalla light off...I hate going to the pumps...Think i'll buy a bicycle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

I put petrol in my car every monday and it usually costs me around 35e to fill up, so it's not too bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭akura

I usually throw in €20 of petrol which does me for about a week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I'm generally busy, so I hate petrol stations because it puts me out of my way sometimes. Probably not helped by the fact that I've a thirsty girl. Shes 100+ to fill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stick in 30 a week, I could probably get away with only putting in 20 but I hate having less than a quarter of a tank so I keep him topped up. You never know when you'll need to go an extra few miles like

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ninjamog

I always go full to empty and fill it all the way, last I got was €75 which will last me just under two weeks, well worth a diesel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Ninjamog wrote: »
    I always go full to empty and fill it all the way, last I got was €75 which will last me just under two weeks, well worth a diesel!

Stop trying to turn us with your dirty diesel talk. How do you sleep at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ninjamog

Abi wrote: »

Stop trying to turn us with your dirty diesel talk. How do you sleep at night.

Mainly flat on my stomach with my hands under the pillow, just can't get comfy any other way... :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I put it £20 of diesel every week. My Mini Cooper costs about £50 or £60 to fill. Plus the road tax is only £20 for a year. Could not afford a petrol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

85 quids of dayyyyysel to fill up from near empty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Back in 2007 it was €50 to fill it up to the brim.

Yesterday it was also 50. Litres petrol. €84 at the counter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 supershy

i had maybe 30 miles in tank when i put €80 diesel in my car on the 4th of October and i still have bout 100 miles left in the tank...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Omackeral wrote: »
    This morning I put 42.23 euro into my petrol tank for the sheer hell of it. I am not conforming to rounding it off anymore. YOLO and all that. :p

As I got older, this became more difficult. I tend to fill up or €100 max whichever comes first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Nozzle goes in, squeeze till it clicks off at full.

All else is mindless pedantry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its a lexus is200 and yeah its not great on fuel but I love it, it used to be 20 with my last car but its 30 now more often than not.

How big is the tank....100 litres??

The GTI when empty costs about €90 max to fill, and that's a 55 l tank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Fizman wrote: »
    How big is the tank....100 litres??

The GTI when empty costs about €90 max to fill, and that's a 55 l tank.

The tank is actually only 70 litres. I thought it would cost 150 to fill because when I bought it the gauge was reading half full and I went to a petrol station to fill it and it took another 75 quids worth (75x2 = 150) but it turns out the gauge was fecked! It actually only costs around 115 to fill.

Advertisement