Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky problems?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Anybody else having any sky signal issues near the cork road or am I going to have to climb up onto the roof? :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky signal is working fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

The sky + in main room is grand, its gone completely in the other room though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Insane1

Thanks lads, would that be very unusual bradknowell? My sky signal started going nuts today about 2 o clock and still the same now.. Dish hasn't been touched and wind wasn't bad today. Checked all connections and sky card and all seems fine...
    Should have said, its sky+ that I have if that makes any difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Yeah it is unusual, we have have sky for years and years. Dunno what's up with the other box. Checked connections and everything. I'll have a proper look at it one of the days and see what the story is. Don't really use that television so its not a balls with it not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You'd be better to post on the satellite forum.

Sky systems are all independently pointing a satellite cluster. It's highly unlikely that people in the same area would be impacted by the same signal problems. It's not like cable or even tv reception on an ariel. The same signal from the same source is received all over Ireland, Britain and most of Northern Europe too.

The only thing that can cause issues is if there are very heavy thunder clouds in the area.

Or if there'd been some kind of major storm and people'd dishes were knocked off line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Insane1 wrote: »
    Anybody else having any sky signal issues near the cork road or am I going to have to climb up onto the roof? :mad:

Try what I normally do, sometimes the box can go funny. So pull out the power lead in the back of the box, then press and hold the backup button on the box while plugging the lead back into the box and 4 lights should come on and it forces and update of the box, just sit and wait and do as the screen tells you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Insane1

Thanks Nas10! Worked a treat!! Sound as a trout, I owe you one...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Nas10

Insane1 wrote: »
    Thanks Nas10! Worked a treat!! Sound as a trout, I owe you one...

My pleasure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

according to chicken licken, its falling down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

I've been having similar issues up here in Dungarvan, same thing, nobody touched the box, weather great, etc. I rang Sky and besides doing the back up thing they were basically trying to sell me a HD box / package. Still having issues, could be OK for 2 days and go again. Pain in the a**.

• Advertisement
Advertisement