Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I offer a guarantee?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

I run a company which sells products online as well as through a small number of local pharmacies.
    Our market is approx 65% UK and 35% Ireland.
    Small bit of background on the product.....
    It's the premium product in a very small niche, which I import from the US.
    Although the product will last years with continual use, the vast majority of customers will only use it for approx 6 weeks and possibly never again.

I have read that, especially online retailers should be screaming that they offer a full money back guarantee in order to remove any risk from the mind of potential customers.
    I accept payments via PayPal so effectively offer a 60 day money back guarantee already. I have no personal experience of PayPal disputes but I have heard that the buyer is nearly always favoured in a dispute.

Currently I offer a no questions asked 7 day refund policy in line with distance selling regulations and a 90 day replacement warranty in the case of a faulty product.
    The thinking behind this was to prevent any unscrupulous buyers seeking a refund once they no longer required the product, they are far less likely to seek a replacement product if they no longer need it.

Expert opinion seems to say that the vast majority of people are genuine and the benefits gained from advertising up front that you are so confident in your product that you are willing to guarantee satisfaction or your money back far outweigh the small number of unscrupulous buyers who will try to rip you off.

Any opinions on the above, anybody in a similar situation?
    What time limit do you think should be placed on such a guarantee?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I should also add that as this is a hygienic product that is worn next to the skin, once used it cannot be resold if returned......any thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Seems to me you are offering a pretty decent warranty and returns policy already. It is perfectly reasonable that it must be unused for a change of mind/not suitable scenario and 90 days for faulty product. It might be an idea to simply highlight your existing refurnds/returns/warranty policies in the most upbeat positive language you can come up with !! That you highlight the issue can give customers the confidence that you are intent on making sure they are happy and satisfied with the product.

Advertisement