Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nobody gets out of here alive!

Options
  • 13-09-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Eh lads, in the long run i.e. the next hundred yrs, which is the blink of the eye in the history of this planet, none of us will survive?

Frankly, if it all falls apart which, I will admit, is a distinct possibility given our species propensity to F*%k things up (or the universe lobs a dinosaur killer or gamma ray burst at us) I think I'd rather die quick and clean then scrabble around in the wreckage, which is what the survivors will end up doing no matter how many packs of freeze dried rations they had stashed away.

Oh and reality check for all the mad max fantasists, probably the most dangerous/effective weapons you could obtain, even illegally, would be an AK47 or similar and maybe a few grenades?. Consider meeting a group of enterprising former members ( its all gone to sh1t, remember) of the defence forces in an armoured car with a 25mm chain gun and a GPMG? very short fight.

Nighty night.

Rins

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

rinsjwind wrote: »
    Eh lads, in the long run i.e. the next hundred yrs, which is the blink of the eye in the history of this planet, none of us will survive?
    Speak for yourself, I have a freezer rigged up special-like out Connemara way for me to topple into, spent the last eleven years excavating enough of a sinkhole to tap geothermal energy for power, so I'm banking on at least some soft tissues surviving to allow alien archaeologists to regrow the best bits in about ten million years. Never think short term in this game.
    I think I'd rather die quick and clean then scrabble around in the wreckage
    Can I have your stuff?
    Oh and reality check for all the mad max fantasists, probably the most dangerous/effective weapons you could obtain, even illegally, would be an AK47 or similar and maybe a few grenades?. Consider meeting a group of enterprising former members ( its all gone to sh1t, remember) of the defence forces in an armoured car with a 25mm chain gun and a GPMG? very short fight.
    Odd thing about bullets, they're largely inedible. Anyway when the lord Humunguous rolls out of the wastelands I've my razor sharp boomerang all ready for action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Really?? Did you work all that out by yourself.
    One hundred years wow, jeez & here we were thinking we were going to live forever. :rolleyes:
    Frankly, if it all falls apart which, I will admit, is a distinct possibility given our species propensity to F*%k things up (or the universe lobs a dinosaur killer or gamma ray burst at us) I think I'd rather die quick and clean then scrabble around in the wreckage,

I'm sure we'll find you hiding under your bridge.
    which is what the survivors will end up doing no matter how many packs of freeze dried rations they had stashed away.

Never mind we're sitting on an island & surrounded by water. Ever heard of fish?

Nighty night.

Rins

You do realise that the best weapon is the human mind.
    Neccessity is the mother of all inventions. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Deerhound

I'm not going to rise to this!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement