Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

madden for a newbie?

Options
  • 13-09-2012 11:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

well i recently took interest in the game
    new to it
    dont know anything about the sport apart from the rules even then i sometimes struggle to know whats actually happening haha
    but could i pick up and play this game? and learn as i go along or do i actually need to know the basics before starting it ? cause its quite fun well the demo is anyway :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Noel Better Ax

saiint wrote: »
    new to it
    dont know anything about the sport apart from the rules even then i sometimes struggle to know whats actually happening haha
    but could i pick up and play this game? and learn as i go along or do i actually need to know the basics before starting it ? cause its quite fun well the demo is anyway :D
    Pick it up and play away I got into football through madden and now I would regard myself as pretty knowlogeable on the subject you won't know half the rules or the intricacies of the game at the start but ul pick up bits and pieces as you go along

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

new to it

Not even the refs know all the rules:cool:

If you liked the demo you will love the game, playing will also help you pick up the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

Get the game, get on to the community and play friendlies then join the waiting list for the franchise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Also I find watching real life football helps a lot as the commentators often go back and analyse plays and different types of defenses etc. Also, it's class!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Noel Better Ax

And if you have any qts just post them up here and some1 will get back to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Lukebray wrote: »
    Also I find watching real life football helps a lot as the commentators often go back and analyse plays and different types of defenses etc. Also, it's class!

Except that the commentator's are awful and get it wrong every time. Throw goes way off- That was the receiver's fault right there, his QB does all he can and he can't hang on. Throw is spot on but dropped- The QB has to be able to throw better than that to give his receivers a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,818 ✭✭✭✭Penn

new to it

That's how I learnt about the game. Madden 11. Learnt the basics pretty quickly and any questions I had I asked people here and on the American Football forum.

Go for it and enjoy it, man!

matthew8 wrote: »
    Except that the commentator's are awful and get it wrong every time. Throw goes way off- That was the receiver's fault right there, his QB does all he can and he can't hang on. Throw is spot on but dropped- The QB has to be able to throw better than that to give his receivers a chance.

Yeah except that's only if you watch games where Chris Collinsworth is commentating

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Lukebray wrote: »
    Yeah except that's only if you watch games where Chris Collinsworth is commentating

I read it wrong. I though you meant the Madden commentators.

matthew8 wrote: »
    I read it wrong. I though you meant the Madden commentators.

yeah...they're awful

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

thanks for fast comments guys
    will pick it up next week :) looking forward to some friendlies :D

Advertisement