Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Wheel Stolen

Options
  • 13-09-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Decided to cycle to the train at Coolmine today but when I got back to the station this evening found that my back wheel had been nicked!!:mad:

I mean I can kind of understand why a scumbag would rob a bike but to just remove the back wheell...what the point!? Nobody around the station to ask did they see anything but fairly p1**ed off as nothing can be done about it. Was only my second day to cycle the 10 mins to the station but suppose I should be greatful the whole boke wasnt taken!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Qwerty27 wrote: »
    Decided to cycle to the train at Coolmine today but when I got back to the station this evening found that my back wheel had been nicked!!:mad:

I mean I can kind of understand why a scumbag would rob a bike but to just remove the back wheell...what the point!? Nobody around the station to ask did they see anything but fairly p1**ed off as nothing can be done about it. Was only my second day to cycle the 10 mins to the station but suppose I should be greatful the whole boke wasnt taken!

They'd steal used toilet paper if it had any value.

I assume the station doesn't have any of those bike storage lockers like at the Clonsilla station. That's pretty much all you can do to secure the bike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Happened to me a few months back. Posted in the neighbourhood watch section. Seems to happen there a lot. Not going to leave my bike there again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

They'd steal used toilet paper if it had any value.

I assume the station doesn't have any of those bike storage lockers like at the Clonsilla station. That's pretty much all you can do to secure the bike.

It does, but you have to rent them or purchase them outright. Can't pay for it as you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

They probably robbed a bike that was locked to the rails by the back wheel, and needed your back wheel to complete the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Should have guessed that something was up when there was only a wreck of a frame at the bike stand....not a single other bike either day so should have guessed something was dodgy! Can anyone recommend a local bike shop to get a new wheel....new to the area and no idea where to look! Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

There is a bike shop on Main Street Blanchardstown. Very helpful staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'd say they just robbed it out of badness, Dublin 15 is the biggest kip I've ever lived in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Pointless unhelpful posts not required, thanks anyway

Get a big Ulock for the frame and 2 of these for the wheels and.or saddle. Try to replace quick release levers with actual nuts so they'd need a spanner to get them off. Those safeman things look flimsy but they cost €5 and I haven't had a saddle/wheel stolen off my bike since I bought it. I had 3 saddles and 2 bikes stolen at Clonsilla station in the past 2 years. They never get back to me on the CCTV conveniently enough :mad:
    4738.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Advertisement
Advertisement