Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staple pieces for a year in Oz with limited space

• 13-09-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im off to Oz next week for nearly a year, I will be backpacking so I have very little space. I was wondering if anyone could help me with what sort of clothes I could pack that I could wear during the day and possibly dress up at night or items that mix and match quite easily so I wont get bored all the time.
    All I seem to have now is denim shorts and t-shirts and two dresses but I think thats very boring want to change it up a bit!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Went for a year and basically all I ended up wearing was:
    A long gyspey skirt I got in singapore - did me for everything from shopping, going out or to beach. Fashion is fair casual in Oz.
    Strappy sandals and good walking trainers.
    Denim shorts/skirt
    Floaty loose tops
    Bring an umbrella and denim/light coat - I never thought of it but it does rain sometimes and some areas get cold at night and after a month or two you do climatise to the heat.
    If yr planning on working bring black pants and maybe an office suitable top.
    To make room in your bag - forget hair straighteners - ask yr hairdresser to cut your hair in a style that suits air drying, lots of long layers. I did this when I was in Oz, binned the straighteners and just popped mousse into it, everyone does this over there and it's just too hot to face doing yr hair everyday, plus it'll keep for a year.
    Of course, don't forget yr going out dresses - nightlife is awesome over (also shopping is brilliant over - I fell in love with Jay Jays clothes, like penneys only better!)

Have a great time, hope this helps!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Buy a decent pair of sandals, especially if going backpacking, comfy footwear is essential! I remember bringing a few shorts, pair of jeans, a few tops and tees, cardigans as well as a hoodie. I'd recommend bringing a pair of black trousers and shirt for interviews/smart wear; that stuff is expensive in Oz!
    Not too much that's for sure! Pick up your cosmetics etc out there or en route

Advertisement