Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC Sensation XE with Beats headphones with 02

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    could you elaborate?

Well a while back Vodafone added the captcha (a randomly generated picture with words / numbers) that the user had to enter when they went on to the website the first time. This literally broke cabbage and everyone was in an uproar over it.

But since cabbage is an Irish app and the maker of said app is a boards member he was on the issue like lightning adding a work around which has now been released with the latest version of cabbage (Version 1.77 on the free can't remember if it's the same for the paid version but I presume it is)

With the latest release of cabbage when you go to send a text message you get the captcha on your phone screen which you then enter (sometimes you have to enter it twice) and your message sends no bother just like it did before.

There is another third party webtext app (can't remember the name) who said they would not be fixing the problem, so that one is rendered useless because they fail to create a workaround, unlike cabbage.

EDIT: Link to Sam Vines (creator of cabbage or whatever you would call him) megathread about cabbage: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055165333

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

inforfun wrote: »
    Ah look at that, i just received a 5 word email.

"your order has been cancelled"

Will not post my thoughts here because it would be filtered to only ********'s

You putting them under any pressure? You held up your end of the deal and both my college and passport photocopies came out pretty badly in the fax and it worked for me. I only sent them a mini bank statement too. They defo don't want someone out there spreading bad word of mouth about O2 so I'd email them and see what you can get out of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yes, i did contact O2 here and they sent it to customer support.
    They will contact me within 24 hours but could be monday because of the weekend.

Will not do any good for this particular phone i suppose because it is sold out. If they even had any reserved for me, it is now gone to someone else.

Will see what they come back with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Just discovered that the credit that I had left on prepay has been credited to my billpay account which was a nice surprise:)
    My phone has moved from Dublin-Ennis-Limerick-Portlaoise since Thursday evening. Am hoping that it will make its way down to Cork soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Do o2 have an automatic unlock code similar to vodafones one? or do you have to conact them?

Was away for weekend so just turned it on now... screen a lot bigger than my zte blade is the firs thing I've noticed!

EDIT: also just to confirm when I get the phone is there anything i need to sign and send back or anything like that? Never had to give any proof of bank details or ID or anything so far. Only got a quick look at the packaging last night so could have missed some form or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Sorry for bumping this old thread but anyone here who ordered on the 19th or after that get past the 'Recieved' status on tracking? Mine has been like that since the 20th and hasnt shipped yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

donmeister wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this old thread but anyone here who ordered on the 19th or after that get past the 'Recieved' status on tracking? Mine has been like that since the 20th and hasnt shipped yet :(
    Kaiser2000 asked the same question here, and was told the status should change today.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭conormccarthy92

donmeister wrote: »

ye mines been recieving since the 20th and still hasnt moved past that stage . I got onto someone in o2 and they said it was more than likely bc of the wkkened and it should move past that stage today but its now half 12 and noooooo movement . Its getting rediculous at this stage i ordered this phone on the 14th thats 10 days ago now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭encryptix

Mine changed this morning from Received to Processing (Prepared for delivery)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

where do I go to find the status of my order?

I emailed in my ID and bank statement on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

encryptix wrote: »
    Mine changed this morning from Received to Processing (Prepared for delivery)

Nothing yet on mine (sitting as Received since Friday morning) but I posted over on the Talk To O2 forum here and one of the guys says it should be good to go and will be updated today

Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

where do I go to find the status of my order?

I emailed in my ID and bank statement on Friday.

Order Status - you'll need the Order number they emailed you and your email address

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Order Status - you'll need the Order number they emailed you and your email address
    thanks. its not explicitly giving me a status anywhere that I can see, other than a warning ' Unfortunately you can not cancel your order as it is being processed.'

Monday my brain doesn't work though so I could be missing a big elephant in the room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Scroll down in that screen...?

ah can't. think its a problem with viewing it with a mobile browser.

• Advertisement

So I did a proper check on my order (used a PC) and it came up with 'error'. got onto the o2 reps here and they said that I didn't qualify or meet requirements :confused: and that they weren't given any more info. u could only apply again in 6 months. that's interesting, cause I'm a student and have been in full employment for several years with no loan or any bad credit rating:confused:

shortly after, I got an email from them saying they had a technical difficulty, and asking me to please reorder. I replied asking how I reorder a phone that's no longer listed on the site, and asked the same of the o2 reps here, but didn't get any reply yet.

I feel pretty hard done by, and the o2 CS have been just ignoring me. replies take hours/days. I've asked several steps of the way if a phone is actually reserved for me, and they just ignore that part of the question and address something else.

So I did a proper check on my order (used a PC) and it came up with 'error'. got onto the o2 reps here and they said that I didn't qualify or meet requirements :confused: and that they weren't given any more info. u could only apply again in 6 months. that's interesting, cause I'm a student and have been in full employment for several years with no loan or any bad credit rating:confused:

shortly after, I got an email from them saying they had a technical difficulty, and asking me to please reorder. I replied asking how I reorder a phone that's no longer listed on the site, and asked the same of the o2 reps here, but didn't get any reply yet.

I feel pretty hard done by, and the o2 CS have been just ignoring me. replies take hours/days. I've asked several steps of the way if a phone is actually reserved for me, and they just ignore that part of the question and address something else.

Did you fax them your details?

Liam O wrote: »
    Did you fax them your details?
    I was told by the reps I could email them, so I did. I sent it on Friday afternoon and I got the reply today at 16:23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Someone selling an "unopened" sensation xe (on the o2 network) for €340 on adverts.ie :rolleyes: Not fair when so many were left down with this offer.

Finally got mine today. (Thanks again to the OP!) Looks great. It is charging now haven't used turned it on yet and think I'll be a bit afraid to take it with me to college until I get a cover for it:o Current phone totally wrecked with scratches so don't want this one ending the same way. Ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054NUDNC/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OQD3IG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 from Amazon, not sure which I will use, but the prices were good! Could anyone recommend any good screen protectors also.

Fingers crossed for those whose orders are still in the air. I didn't receive any email contact from o2 about any stage of the order process (only contacted me to say that I had changed to bill pay) I just followed the progress of my order on the o2 tracking.

lindtee wrote: »
    Someone selling an "unopened" sensation xe (on the o2 network) for €340 on adverts.ie :rolleyes: Not fair when so many were left down with this offer.

Finally got mine today. (Thanks again to the OP!) Looks great. It is charging now haven't used turned it on yet and think I'll be a bit afraid to take it with me to college until I get a cover for it:o Current phone totally wrecked with scratches so don't want this one ending the same way. Ordered http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0054NUDNC/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00 and http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005OQD3IG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 from Amazon, not sure which I will use, but the prices were good! Could anyone recommend any good screen protectors also.

Fingers crossed for those whose orders are still in the air. I didn't receive any email contact from o2 about any stage of the order process (only contacted me to say that I had changed to bill pay) I just followed the progress of my order on the o2 tracking.
    I went a bit overboard on covers and stuff from Amazon :) got an extra battery and a couple of the skin things, would have only got the one but one came with some screen protectors and a leather case, was just going up to the free delivery threshold and will report back later in the week when I should have them.

Using it in the meantime so expect a bunch of scratches that I wouldn't normally get :) but the glass is of good quality so it'd take a special type of drop to damage it I'd say. Especially with me being so careful with it :)

• Advertisement

Anybody upgrade the android on it? No official upgrade that I can see? Anybody upgrade to Cyanogenmod?

http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum/400-htc-sensation-stable-mod/
    It works on the XE as somebody has asked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Ice cream sandwich is out for it, just go into settings to update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

One of these up on Adverts for €360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

One of these up on Adverts for €360.

The robbing bandit :p I see someones asked does he have the receipt, that would be disappointing to look at if you paid €360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Maybe head into an o2 Store? Its easy enough for them to bat away emails etc, but grabbing someone to talk to in person may help?

PS - I haven't ordered one of these..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The store will just get you to ring support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The store will just get you to ring support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

I was going to use this as a back up in case i ever needed one but i know theres a few people here that didn't get one so i'm happy to sell it to them at face value and jst throw the 240 euro into my account for the phone...if anyone is interested pm me :) oh and if you could cover the cost of posting it!!

I've also submitted request for unlock code and its on its way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

IH8TXT:) wrote: »
    I was going to use this as a back up in case i ever needed one but i know theres a few people here that didn't get one so i'm happy to sell it to them at face value and jst throw the 240 euro into my account for the phone...if anyone is interested pm me :) oh and if you could cover the cost of posting it!!

The big plus was getting the phone for free and having a bit of credit for 6 months but i'll think about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sent you a PM IH8TXT.

• Advertisement

IH8TXT:) wrote: »

I've also submitted request for unlock code and its on its way!
    thats very generous of you.

im waiting on another update from the reps here... :(

i think at this stage even if they fix their "technical issue" ill still be without my phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

If that falls through with Basq, I'm also interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Just to update people on this phone please see this quote from o2:
    O2_Lisa wrote: »
    Hi, I apologise for any inconvenience regarding this. Unfortunately, this phone is no longer available and there won't be an alternatives offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭limerickhurl

Extremely generous of you IH8TXT. Really wanted to get the phone myself, but unfortunately anytime I checked it was out of stock. If anyone else is feeling as generous as IHTXT I'll gladly take it off their hands.

OK so got 3 out of the 4 accessories I ordered today, still a delay on the magnetic case I ordered.

This looks like the best of the 3, got it for the screen protectors but a pretty good feeling case arrived too, plenty of screen protectors too so if you're prone to making mistakes with them you have plenty of chances :).

Got this when it was £7.50. A hard case unlike the previous one and probably gives better protection but it doesn't cover the phone as well as the previous one which is a bit disappointing, high quality feeling material though even if the fit isn't great.

Got this too but didn't realise it was £1 extra for a charger with it :mad: pretty high quality looking product though and I'm sure it will do as a spare battery though reviews say it may be better than the original.

Anybody get their unlock code yet? Just wondering if the "up to 4 days" quoted on the website is accurate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Anybody get their unlock code yet? Just wondering if the "up to 4 days" quoted on the website is accurate....
    Still waiting on mine too.

I got this phone and have to say it's great. However my o2 reception is very poor at home. After over a month of emailing them they finally released me from the contract today :D

So i paid €40 for two months and got the phone for free :D Thanks so much OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kevface91

*glares jealously*

• Advertisement

I was in touch with customer service for the past 6 weeks! Partly as i kept forgetting about it! but in fairness it was taking them ages to look into... I had to make calls and let them know what time i called at etc. My reception is actually nothing at all in most of the house... couple of places where i could get 2 bars. leaving it on the arm of a certain chair etc. but if i picked up the phone to answer it the reception would go... had to walk out the road a bit to make a phone call.... So it actually was no reception at home in reality....I gave them my address, gps coordinates, and was emailing them for 6 weeks! got sorted in the end though. There may be a minimum period at which you need to initiate contact... so it could possibly be too late, not too sure what way it goes.

I had no reception at all in my bedroom so I haven't had much of a text life for the past 2 months....

Advertisement