Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At a loss

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Ah she's clearly mentally ill and in need of help.

Wants her blue pills doubled, she does :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I don't get outraged by news stories anymore

unless they're about property tax

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

In all fairness, she's probably a lunatic.

Although I'm just getting that from her description....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

That's strange :confused: I find it a bit hard to believe though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

Sick and twisted old witch!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

If the news clip had have read "woman loses plot in McDonalds and and slaps random baby" we could clearly say "mad bitch".........

But this,,

She thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

mishkalucy wrote: »
    If the news clip had have read "woman loses plot in McDonalds and and slaps random baby" we could clearly say "mad bitch".........

But this,,

She thought about it.

She has too be sick in the head..

cruais wrote: »
    She has too be sick in the head..

I think evil is closer to it tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'm at a loss too. How did they not see it happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Sky News, Fox News, Daily Mail, doesn't count.

Sure, if you''re looking for entertainment, have at it, but if you're outraged by it then you are a foolish pawn.

• Advertisement

That I can't quite understand but it must have been a very quick "slight of hand"type thing.
    What shocked me was that she BROUGHT a babies bottle filled with bleach with her with the sole purpose of handing it to a baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Thing is it happened while the parents were right beside the pushchair, it's not as if the child was out of their sight. People are terrified enough with regards to their children as they probably rightly need to be but this just raises the bar. Hope she is caught if this is what she is at she needs to be put where she will no longer be a danger to others. Friend of mine drank bleach when he was a kid and it is nasty business.

humbert wrote: »

Sure, if you''re looking for entertainment, have at it, but if you're outraged by it then you are a foolish pawn.

Thank you for that.

BTW the source was none of the above and Scotland Yard are investigating the incident if it makes it more "credible" for you.

mackg wrote: »
    Thing is it happened while the parents were right beside the pushchair, it's not as if the child was out of their sight. People are terrified enough with regards to their children as they probably rightly need to be but this just raises the bar. Hope she is caught if this is what she is at she needs to be put where she will no longer be a danger to others. Friend of mine drank bleach when he was a kid and it is nasty business.

As far as the reports are it was the grandma who was with the child.

Child apparently vomitted after drinking the bleach:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Saw the sky logo at the top of the page. Stopped reading. What was the story about?

Saw the sky logo at the top of the page. Stopped reading. What was the story about?

Random woman went into McDonalds in London and gave a baby a babies bottle full of bleach while the grandma who was minding the baby was looking away.
    Child drank it.

Random woman went into McDonalds in London and gave a baby a babies bottle full of bleach while the grandma who was minding the baby was looking away.
    Child drank it.

Well if it's on sky news it must be true. It couldn't possibly be more unconfirmed scaremongering.

I never said it was on sky news, its on several sources but hey, Scotland Yard are a bit "iffy" too as a source

Like I said. It Must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭the scrote

as an avid reader of the journal.ie I tend to save my energy for their comment pages about the gubberment & catholic church,good day to you sir

• Advertisement

Thank you for that.

BTW the source was none of the above and Scotland Yard are investigating the incident if it makes it more "credible" for you.
    Well if it's on sky news it must be true. It couldn't possibly be more unconfirmed scaremongering.
    Like I said. It Must be true.

Fair enough, chose what you want to "believe" from news reports and leave the rest to pick apart as diatribe

the scrote wrote: »
    as an avid reader of the journal.ie I tend to save my energy for their comment pages about the gubberment & catholic church,good day to you sir

Was it in the journal.ie?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/baby-drank-from-bottle-of-bleach-566806.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-19588547

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/sep/13/baby-bottle-bleach-drink?newsfeed=true

Other sources there but all are running practically the exact same thing as Sky News as they are probably running off the same press release.

It was the mother and grandmother with the 11 month old at the time. I'd reckon what the papers have is fairly accurate to make people aware and more vigilant considering whoever did it is still at large and the motives are presumably unknown.

Felt like I was getting a bit of a bollicking there for posting a news story:o

Felt like I was getting a bit of a bollicking there for posting a news story:o

It happens. Just be glad it wasn't some piece about immigrants from the daily mail, you'd really know about it then.

:)

THE GUARDIAN?!

Don't make me get sick into my own scorn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

humbert wrote: »

We seem to have gone from "Don't believe everything you read in the newspapers" to "Don't believe anything you read in the newspapers" in a very short period of time indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Ella

THE GUARDIAN?!

Don't make me get sick into my own scorn.
    Why are you still posting in this thread? You don't believe it. We geddit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I have a 5 week old son and was in empty pockets with him last night. He was in a buggy beside me. I'm not a violent person but if anyone approached him that I didn't know I would be out of my seat like a hot snot and the approachee would receive a fist sandwich.

My question is: how did the parents allow a complete stranger to give their child a bottle?

• Advertisement

Evil bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I remember a story years ago about a woman who went on a spree of breaking the legs of newborns in hospital. I think crimes against children and animals are the worst scum that a person can do. they should have a bit of eye for an eye turned back on them

[QUOTE=allibastor;80765226]I remember a story years ago about a woman who went on a spree of breaking the legs of newborns in hospital. I think crimes against children and animals are the worst scum that a person can do. they should have a bit of eye for an eye turned back on them[/QUOTE]

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

allibastor wrote: »
    I remember a story years ago about a woman who went on a spree of breaking the legs of newborns in hospital. I think crimes against children and animals are the worst scum that a person can do. they should have a bit of eye for an eye turned back on them

This crazy bitch was more recent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9059376/Japanese-woman-jailed-for-deliberately-breaking-legs-of-four-babies.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Sauve wrote: »
    Ah she's clearly mentally ill and in need of help.

Wants her blue pills doubled, she does :)

That's not clear at all from the story. She might well be just plain old evil scum.

• Advertisement
Advertisement