Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair..

Options
  • 14-09-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

The screen on my laptop is broke and Im debating should I get it fixed or will a new laptop be my best option, anyone recommend anywhere I could go and get it looked at?? Is PC World the only place that does repairs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There's either Click Computers in Drogheda or there's one in the town centre which is slipping my mind atm and there's Image in Dundalk.
    If your laptop is still in warranty (although I doubt it since you're asking) then go back to where you bought it with the receipt and they'll get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭newtothis2011

Its seven years old, forgot to mention that! So thats why im thinking theres probably no point getting it repaired..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Its seven years old, forgot to mention that! So thats why im thinking theres probably no point getting it repaired..

None whatsoever! You're probably talking over €100 for the screen and your laptop probably isn't worth that.

Definitely don't go to PC world.. get a cheap "pc doctor" to do it. PC World take a non-refundable €60, and will charge a fortune to order the exact part from the manufacturer. Then if you tell them you're not willing to pay €250 to get the screen fixed they won't refund the €60.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Ah, in that case you'd be better off with a new one!

Advertisement