Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faceless Totem

• 14-09-2012 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

I went to Body & Soul in June and while there I sat in on a Shaman Circle where we were brought on a journey to meet our Totem (I dont think this is the name he put on the animal guide but I cant remember exactly what he called it)

Anyway, mine was a fox and while he did guide me where I needed to go, he wouldn't turn around his head and let me see his face. I was really trying to get him to do it with my mind but no matter how hard I willed it, he would not turn around.

Does anyone know what this means???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭gillad

I havent had any experience in what you are talking about but i do know that you are the only person who can figure out what happened.It was YOUR experience so dont look to others for answers,you have the answer in you already,it just may take you a while to find it,so forget about it and it will find you.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

OP, would you say you are beginning your spiritual journey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Yes, I definitely am at the beginning. I feel I have only stepped on to this path a year and a half ago. Things have been happeing very slowly.... Signs have been coming to me about things in my life I need to change... at first these signs were very far apart.... but as time goes on, they are coming more and more... sorry if im not making sense, im still trying to formulate all this stuff in my own head. Oh! the human need to make logic of everything!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yes, I definitely am at the beginning. I feel I have only stepped on to this path a year and a half ago. Things have been happeing very slowly.... Signs have been coming to me about things in my life I need to change... at first these signs were very far apart.... but as time goes on, they are coming more and more... sorry if im not making sense, im still trying to formulate all this stuff in my own head. Oh! the human need to make logic of everything!!!!
    When you said about not being able to see the totems face, that is what I wondered, it signifies that you are still seeking and finding answers, to me. You can't get all the answers in one go, it would confuse you and kinda 'blow your mind' to try and take everything in. Hence you see that you have a fox as a totem, but you dont see every detail. Its about taking things in steps, taking time to absorb what youre learning, and being patient about the next step.

These things happen at the pace they are meant to, not the pace you want, or will it to. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

Thanks Oryx, this seems to be the lesson i've learned over the past few months. Also when I seek answers on certain things, I keep getting brought back to a point that is being made to me over and over again - which im guessing is something I need to sort out before I can move on on this path!

Thanks very much for your answers. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Have a look at this: http://www.buddhanet.net/oxherd1.htm

It's an old buddhist depiction of the path toward enlightenment. Number 3 sounds surprisingly similar to your experience.

Also, in the tradition of the tarot a lot of the figures are only half depicted. That is, you will only see the left hand side of the figure, painted in profile. In that tradition this simply means that there is more to the lesson than what is offered to you. Or it may even be more deceptive, in that something is being hidden from you.

I'd be inclined to think that the fox represents a kind of trickster type character. The clever fox. Crafty, cunning.

You could look at it many ways. How can you follow the fox if he's looking at you. He wouldn't really be leading you anywhere if you were just face to face. And big bushy tails are cool! Don't diss the tail! :p You could be chasing your own tail. I jest. Kind of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 homan34

I also have not face this kind of totem or this kind of spiritual practices, these things can provide you some benefits.

Advertisement