Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful toys for 15 month boy

Options
  • 14-09-2012 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Our son is 15 months old and starting to get bored with the toys he has at the moment. So we want to get him some new toys but there is so much crap out there to choose from I want to get him something that he will actually play with as is good for our boy. Has anyone any suggestions? Any toys your son has that he plays with alot?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

A cardboard box! Lol. They always get hours of fun out of the box :D

In the early learning centre they have these little people...happy people..they go down a treat. They also seem to like to mimic you, so kitchens etc are so much fun. You might even get a go of it yourself :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

How are his motor skills? Would it be too soon for a coloring book and some non toxic crayons? My little fella gets great craic out of coloring and play doh.. he's 20 months.. started giving them to him at around 17 months or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Winnie

his motor skills are pretty good so maybe I will try this.....nice cheap option!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Seconding the crayons suggestion, they are great at that age. Crayola also do thick chunky first markers for toddlers that are completely water washable (ie off hands, clothes, all surfaces etc with nothing more than water.) Initially mine weren't too impressed with the crayons until they had good strength to use them to mark the paper, but the washable markers need only a simple sweep on the page to make a big bright bold picture so while they gradually developed the dexterity for colouring we found them brilliant. Only thing is you have to supervise heavily ;)

Also bricks/blocks lego of some sort. Mega Bloks are bigger than Duplo and take less force as they don't need that 'click'. A starter bag can be as little as e10-15 and will last for a long time, a couple of years at any rate.

http://www.toys.ie/Mega-Bloks-Build-n-Create-Large-Maxi-Bag-Classic-!110651-prd.aspx?qwSessionID=85229938-793b-49e6-8493-bf7bd96f5d49

Advertisement