Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six in the City

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Popz wrote: »
    But let's get one thing straight, Tammy is a Limerick person through and through, she may not be your cup of tea, but should she be hidden away and not allowed on a television show because some of you feel she helps to portray a negative image of our city.

True. But I know plenty of people who are "Limerick through and through" who have manners, are not rude, and can hold a conversation. They came across as downright rude, with a chip on their shoulders........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

seachto7 wrote: »
    True. But I know plenty of people who are "Limerick through and through" who have manners, are not rude, and can hold a conversation. They came across as downright rude, with a chip on their shoulders........

so would you say the dublin lady was rude at all? or is it only rude if you have a regional accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Popz

seachto7 wrote: »

Yes but this trait can be applied to people of all socio- backgrounds!

Read back my last post. I know plenty of people with "regional accents" who are witty, not rude, don't have a chip on their shoulder, can hold an intelligent conversation....

The others in my opinion, at least had basic manners. Danny and Tammy could have at least tried to have some manners, or be some way polite in the restaurant in Dublin. She had to resolve to insulting the Dublin one about botox and plastic noses. She is no oil painting herself. The Dublin couple weren't really my cup of tea, but I would rather go for a few pints with them or the Galway couple.

She was as thick as a fecking plank "I was generated from travellers" , "I don't like oafs in my food", "I got a wift in the limo". FFS.... Do people think before they speak at all? I have no time for ignorance or general thickness. I cannot tolerate it, and if you think it's alright, best of luck to you.

Popz wrote: »
    Yes but this trait can be applied to people of all socio- backgrounds!

Indeed it can.

• Advertisement

You've totally missed my point Im not saying she wasn't all of those things and if you wish to focus on those thats fine! My original point was that people felt that they portrayed Limerick in a negative light!
    They portrayed themselves in a negative light and has no reflection on Limerick as a whole!

I agree with you, they portrayed themselves in a very bad way I think. I should have read your posts again! However, you'll get people who might think this is the norm for city folk in Limerick to behave like that. In the grand scheme of things, it makes good tv.........

If people are misguided enough to think that all people in Limerick behave like this they are the fools!

There are a lot of fools out there! Lots of people still think Limerick is like the wild west as a result of the media..........

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mickey1206

BobMc wrote: »
    Well Gang, anyone catch this show on RTE2 last night, opinions thoughts on the portrayal of Limerick, surprised their wasn't a thread started already,
    as a show i thought itt was a pretty good idea, some poor commentary and not as slick as a full time production of the show would be BUT, as per usual I feel a little let down by the view if gave on Limerick, any thoughts people ? :)[limerick is great city and I am from Dublin and I have been going there for over 30 years. The Limerick couple let themselves down!! Nobody believes for a moment that they represent Limerick!! ]

• Advertisement

limerick is great city and I am from Dublin and I have been going there for over 30 years. The Limerick couple let themselves down!! Nobody believes for a moment that they represent Limerick!!

I agree with you on the manners!! They are free!! But some people like Tammy and Danny chose not to avail of them!!

I agree it does not matter where you come from you dont have to be rude, vulgar and ignorant. Tammy and Danny chose to be like that

Tammy was a perfectly balanced person i.e. she had a chip on both shoulders. They let themselves down badly. Not Limerick!

Enough about the Limerick couple already!! They wont even understand your comments let alone change their ways after reading them!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I think we're done here...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement