Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A quick thank you

Options
  • 14-09-2012 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

Given the changes at the station I'd just like to say a quick thank you to those moving on.

So thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭phone2000

Given the changes at the station I'd just like to say a quick thank you to those moving on.

So thank you

I have to to second that, really enjoyed Pure Morning over the years and very sad to see it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Gutted i missed the last show of pure morning, got to hear the first 30mins but lost reception, will miss the show, thanks guys for entertaining over the years.
    Other morning shows are more boring now because of it, weather it was Charlotte or Michelle with Richie i always enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Stples

Totally agree. Best morning show around. Will be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'd also like to second it... (or is it fifth it now?)

As a proper radio nerd, I've never once listened to the Chris Moyles Show on BBC Radio 1, and I chose not to break that habit for their last show this morning, instead tuning in to Richie and co. for their properly emotional final gig.

Phantom hasn't been the same for a while (since Simon Maher's departure, for me) but it's even worse off again for the loss of the weekend gang incl. Pearl, and especially these guys. Kudos, congrats and all the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭holton

Richie Mccormack will be a huge loss. Sorry to see him go especially. So who's going to be on next week in the mornings???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Agreed, some great presenters leaving.
    got a bit emotional when Richie, Michelle and Charlotte were saying their goodbyes this morning, god knows what I'll be like by the time Derek's finished on Sunday night :o
    they're among the few DJs/presenters that actually make Irish radio worth tuning in to, and I'm quite sad to see them go.
    wish them all the best in their non-Phantom careers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

^Agreed. I had All My Friends at full blast today. Nice touch when Cadell played Pure Morning

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Mikros

It's rare that I'd post something here, but genuinely want to say thank you to Richie and Michelle and Charlotte for easily the best morning radio show over the last few years. The amount of times I've been busted with a big stupid grin on my face driving into work listening to the banter. Fair play.

I'm not looking forward to seeing what happens on monday...

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Anyone got a recording of the last Pure Morning? Had to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Thanks Richie; Charlotte & Michelle for making so many people in other cars look at me questioningly as I bellowed laughing on my daily commute to work the last few years.

Whatever comes tomorrow I'll give it a chance but can see myself listening to Nova more often now even though Pat Courtney does my head in (nice dude if you ever meet him in person though!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Goggleyed_gimp

Mid Morning Matters is the best show around, everyone knows that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SeaSide

The best thing about Phantom for me was getting to hear music that you wouldn't get anywhere else and going "who is that" have more than a few CDs of bands that I first got to know on Phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Gullarm

To all those leaving you'll be missed you have given me great joy throughout the years and have made Phantom what it is or was! Best of luck for the future to all those leaving...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Ciaran

Anyone got a recording of the last Pure Morning? Had to miss it.

http://songbiscuit.tumblr.com/phantom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

What happened? Why did they leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

What happened? Why did they leave?

It's all explained in a thread below:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056730113

Advertisement