Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that new parents do that annoys us

• 14-09-2012 10:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

So folks we all know the types,new over possessive parents who constantly boast about their little crying machine and they presume we should all change our lives to accommodate them.
    Examples having to remove the dog from the house when baby visits.
    Not allowed swear around a new born baby like they are taking it all in.
    Having to keep music to a minimal in case the noise interrupts the child upstairs.
    Being clipped on the heels by a buggy being pushed by a possessed parent on a crowded street and a sharp mind the baby look from them.
    Incessant screaming by the child and the patents doing nothing about it when you suggest a solution you get shot down straight away and told you wouldn't understand as your not a parent.
    The fear they have when you ask to hold the new baby as if your going to deliberately drop it.
    Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to rearend the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

*sigh*

Get over it!

Jeasus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

things that new parents do to annoy us? facebook statuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Over possesive? It's their child for gods sake why would they want a dog jumping up or licking a new born baby??(And I have two dogs myself) , of course they are nervous about you dropping their baby you might not know how to hold one or could be an arragant twat and end up hurting the baby , why would they want you swearing around the child should a certain age limit be agreed where it's ok to swear around them and when it's not. Baby'su learn quickly and pick up on everything..start as you mean to go on and all that...it's not that big a deal if these people were friends you'd be happy with their new arrival and respect their wish's when there around come on like it's only an hour or so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Sappa wrote: »
    So folks we all know the types,new over possessive parents who constantly boast about their little crying machine and they presume we should all change our lives to accommodate them.
    Having to keep music to a minimal in case the noise interrupts the child upstairs.
    Being clipped on the heels by a buggy being pushed by a possessed parent on a crowded street and a sharp mind the baby look from them.
    Incessant screaming by the child and the patents doing nothing about it when you suggest a solution you get shot down straight away and told you wouldn't understand as your not a parent.
    The fear they have when you ask to hold the new baby as if your going to deliberately drop it.
    Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to reared the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

Don't know why anyone would want to have their baby, or anyone else for that matter, around you at all, OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Feckin dogs in the house!!
    Never mind the kids... When I call, I want them out too !!

Dogs are not suitable to be round strange children, or any children for that matter.. If you don't respect your guests enough to put the dog out, start telling people you'd rather they didn't call..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Alternate thread title:
    Some people are silly
    Some people are not silly.
    Some of the silly ones have kids
    Some of the silly ones start threads about the silly ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

bbam wrote: »

Dogs are not suitable to be round strange children, or any children for that matter.. If you don't respect your guests enough to put the dog out, start telling people you'd rather they didn't call..

i dont like children - when I call to your house will you put the kids outside???:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

I don't really know anyone like this to be honest;any of my mates who have kids are pretty relaxed about it, like they'd still have people over for drinks once the kid is in bed.

I do have a relative whose wife refused to let anyone hold their (then) 3 month old baby at a family party. She was pretty viscous about it, despite the fact that everyone their had been really generous with cards/pressies etc when the kid had been born. Funnily enough they split up not long afterwards.

Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to reared the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

Ok... so I should explain better!

A newborns immune system is not fully developed yet!
    Anything (including humans) that has come in contact with an animal, might lead to problems.
    (short version)

Don't see a problem with this.
    Some are starting out trying to teach a child a proper vocabulary from day one.
    A child is eventually a product of the environment they are brought up in.

TRUST ME! When a new baby sleeps - its a god-damn blessing to parents - many of newborns, are themselves exhausted because of 3/4 hourly feeds day and night!
    The last thing they wish for, is for their child to wake while they are also trying to gain some rest/sleep too!

Well maybe if SOME didn't think they own the whole bloody path, this would not happen - other times accidents DO happen.

No excuse - thats just bad parenting and ignorance. They should NOT have a pet, never mind a child.

Its quite natural to fear and care for something you cherish.

Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,

For first-timers in particular, they might not be able to read from the instruction manual that comes with their child.
    They thus have to learn many things rapid as they try to learn and cope.
    Give them 'space' and patience to learn!

ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to reared the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

While everyone SHOULD be driving safely anyway, a gentle reminder to do so, is not going to upset your day.
    There are bigger things in life to fret about! SERIOUSLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

These type parents don't annoy me, they provide new lol material.

I was in Tayto park at the weekend with the nephew and saw a mother running over to her kid who was eating the sand/sawdust mix in the play area, she was shouting:

'No Oisin, no' whilst shouting back over her shoulder to the hubby:

'Quick Richard, grab the Yakult!!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a first time parent goes on like that

by the time the 2nd and 3rd arrives standards start to slip:D

a first time parent goes on like that

by the time the 2nd and 3rd arrives standards start to slip:D

...And/or they just kop themselves on somewhat! (Hopefully.)

Forget babies, a lot of the time i go into houses with dogs, the owners have no sense of smell about the ****ty RANK smell of their dog in the house.
    They wonder why sometimes i say, "ill wait outside"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Forget babies, a lot of the time i go into houses with dogs, the owners have no sense of smell about the ****ty RANK smell of their dog in the house.

hmmm this has got me thinking, I'm convinced my dog doesn't smell but now that you say that, I'm sure she smells of shite

Have never ever understood why anyone would want a dog. Filthy smelly animals who lick their own shít and then lick the "loving" owners. Disgusting.

And all this cráp about them being great "companions", bóllocks. They love you for your Pedigree Chum and fúck all else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Make friends with the children instead, OP. They sound more suited to you in age.

Cats are worse! :(

Jaysus is this just going to turn into another dog/dog owner bashing thread?????

Jaysus is this just going to turn into another dog/dog owner bashing thread?????

Woof!

instead of the parent/baby bashing thread it was designed to be?

• Advertisement

I love my dogs. But they got put outside any time friends/family with small kids visited. The dogs can be overly curious, kids can maul the dogs, some dogs can get jealous. Not an unreasonable request IMO.

summerskin wrote: »
    instead of the parent/baby bashing thread it was designed to be?

well yeah. the clue is in the title!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭Felexicon

How old is he/she now?
    36 months!
    So 3

Always annoys me

Biggins wrote: »
    Cats are worse! :(

I'll leave the pussy talk for another thread.
    Oh and i do agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Have never ever understood why anyone would want a dog. Filthy smelly animals who lick their own shít and then lick the "loving" owners. Disgusting.

And all this cráp about them being great "companions", bóllocks. They love you for your Pedigree Chum and fúck all else.
    You are talking out your arse and couldn't be further from the truth.

:pac:
    You aren't the first dog lover that would choose dogs over procreation (and hates kids), and certainly won't be the last.

No, that would refer to your OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,950 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

I'm not tarring all dog owners as the same as some just like the security of having a dog indoors, but there are plenty who humanise their dogs and see them as a family member in the home, and like the OP think they deserve to be treated the same by guests.
    Just look at the The Dog Whisperer and you see most of them haven't a clue how a dog should be treated assertively, especially in the home.
    You know the story, they open the front door and the dog is the first to be at the door, like this is my home, i choose who comes in and out.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Dogs are cool.

Kids are cool.

Bitter whingers are not cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The parents who push their child's buggy onto the road blindly to test and see if there are cars coming are the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Dogs are not suitable to be round strange children, or any children for that matter..
    Er, wot?
    Dogs can be great with children, once they're used to each other. Its a case of having an appropriate breed of dog. But of course when there are very small (pre-crawling), or kids who are scared of dogs they're kept apart.

Oh I dunno , having a friend for life , they make you laugh , they pick you up when your down , you can teach them tricks , play football with them , go camping/hiking with them , go running with them , when your lonely they'll always be around to lie on the couch and watch TV with you and what not...it's fairly obvious why people value their dogs , you sir are oblivious to it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

things that new parents everybody do to annoy us? facebook statuses.

FYP

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Oh I dunno , having a friend for life , they make you laugh , they pick you up when your down , you can teach them tricks , play football with them , go camping/hiking with them , go running with them , when your lonely they'll always be around to lie on the couch and watch TV with you and what not...it's fairly obvious why people value their dogs , you sir are oblivious to it!

I wouldn't have a problem with that except if you're the type to treat your dog like a human and expect visitors to do the same.
    Have you ever watched the Dog Whisperer?

• Advertisement

Your dog can talk? Amazing.

Other than that, you just described a person, not an animal.

I wouldn't have a problem with that except if you're the type to treat your dog like a human and expect visitors to do the same.

I have , some awful owners on that yoke...Dogs thrive on disipline and placement I agree with this..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thinly veiled "I'm single, lonely and never likely to meet anyone and have children of my own" type thread.

Your dog can talk? Amazing.

Other than that, you just described a person, not an animal.

Where did I say they can talk? And no it's dog you've clearly never had one..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 216 ✭✭Tommy Dillon

Drive their kids to school even thought its only down the road. Why can't they walk ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Your avatar looks so much like Tom Conti I can't stop staring at it.

Anyway, the worst is 15 year old girls on facebook who are proud of being parents and post the scans, a status for every kick, then incessant statuses once the baby's born, including ones about how much dey luv deyr bf 4eva n eva. Then break up with them once they've popped.

Where did I say they can talk? And no it's dog you've clearly never had one..

Grew up in a house that had one for my first 17 years. I just don't see what the attraction is myself, just another dumb animal.

Interact with humans instead, then there'll be no more lonely nights on the sofa watching Bridget Jones with the dog as company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

The 'baby on board' (and variations thereof) car stickers.

Seemingly, some parents think these never get old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Please don't visit me.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Say, "we're pregnant" :D, like really? When did science come up with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hate parents that talk in the goo goo ga ga talk, shut up ffs its ridiculous.

Hate when they hug and kiss the child every two seconds when they are talking to you, leave the child alone, you wouldnt want your mam or dad hugging and kissing you every two seconds would you?

And talking and playing with the children loudly when you are trying to have a conversation with them or others in the room is not cool.

And putting everything the child does up on Facebook is a no no. Who the hell cares if your child rolled over today or sat up or said its first word, hardly the first child in the world to do this now is it.

Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to rearend the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

This I agree with. Maybe they dont actually want the baby and they're hoping someone will take it when they're "not looking" lol

Thats what I did and it was great - its a good way to separate out the ones you actually want to keep ;)

lolocaust at the bolded text btw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Bring their kids into work, resulting in all the women in the workplace dossing for an hour or so looking at the ugly thing. Piss off.

maximoose wrote: »
    Bring their kids into work, resulting in all the women in the workplace dossing for an hour or so looking at the ugly thing. Piss off.

Guilty as charged :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement