Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that new parents do that annoys us

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Peanut2011 wrote: »
    That is maximum speed allowed, not the speed I must be doing! See that is the issue exactly!

No, the issue is that by driving 30kph under the legal limit you are holding up other, obviously more capable, drivers. If you only feel comfortable driving 70 in a 100 limit zone, you shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

summerskin wrote: »
    No, the issue is that by driving 30kph under the legal limit you are holding up other, obviously more capable, drivers. If you only feel comfortable driving 70 in a 100 limit zone, you shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel.

Class!!! So can we than have all the HGV's off the road please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

What annoys me most is

Parents that just wont let kids be kids.

They are going to get dirty, going to get into trouble and do stupid things and they are going to fall and get hurt, There are rules of course but let them enjoy their youth, And dont make them do things they dont want to do <<<<< Withing The Rules Of Course. We all want the best lives for our kids when they get older but please theres no need to be getting them ready for their carerrs at the age of 3 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    What annoys me most is

Parents that just wont let kids be kids.

They are going to get dirty, going to get into trouble and do stupid things and they are going to fall and get hurt, There are rules of course but let them enjoy their youth, And dont make them do things they dont want to do <<<<< Withing The Rules Of Course. We all want the best lives for our kids when they get older but please theres no need to be getting them ready for their carerrs at the age of 3 :rolleyes:

Exactly.

As the old saying goes a dirty child is a happy child.

When I was a kid we'd be picking chewing off the ground and putting it in our mouths and drinking the rain off the gates & so on, its disgusting to even think about it but its what kids do, plus it done me no harm *twitch* :pac:

Drinking rain off gates?
    I did some mad ****, but WTF.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

In fairness, if you don't let kids be kids and get up to stupid shít now ans again they'll have no stories for when they're older!
    Sure I was only reminding my cousin recently of when me and her sister dressed her up in their mam's clothes and she promptly fell all the way down the stairs. We didn't tell our mam's about until about 2 years ago (roughly 20 years after the incident)....
    Kids are sturdier than most people seem the think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

summerskin wrote: »

Er...it's a limit not a goal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Drinking rain off gates?
    I did some mad ****, but WTF.:pac:

Ha ha yeah it was all the rage back then, I said it to a few people before & a few have done it so I'm not alone :D

I also remember lads picking up smokes people threw on the ground too, I was never a smoker thank god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Sappa wrote: »
    So folks we all know the types,new over possessive parents who constantly boast about their little crying machine and they presume we should all change our lives to accommodate them.

No but you could just be, I don't know.... mannerly? Polite? A decent human being? I mean I don't really care if your a nut job around my kids as long as you show some humanity.
    Examples having to remove the dog from the house when baby visits.

So this is probably down to what kind of dog, but most dogs are grand around kids. If you had a friend with a fear of dogs would you put it in another room when they visited?
    Not allowed swear around a new born baby like they are taking it all in.

See my earlier reference to 'MANNERS'.
    Having to keep music to a minimal in case the noise interrupts the child upstairs.

All depends on the child but see MANNERS again when you live with people/have guests.
    Being clipped on the heels by a buggy being pushed by a possessed parent on a crowded street and a sharp mind the baby look from them.

I've been on both sides of this, first when you are pushing a buggy in Dublin, nobody moves for you regardless if you have NOWHERE else to move. I put this down to Dublin because in other towns/cities people go out of their way to let you by. Again MANNERS. Now on the part of the possessed parents, I put this down to MANNERS also since single/non family people are not the only ones without them.
    Incessant screaming by the child and the patents doing nothing about it when you suggest a solution you get shot down straight away and told you wouldn't understand as your not a parent.

It's pretty simple, if a baby cries yet they are fine / not hungry / doesn't need a change etc. / then you don't go jumping up and down otherwise guess what? EVERY time they want you to jump up and down they will cry. Also you aren't a parent so your suggestions could be absolutely brilliant but you have no credibility just like American Christians can say how life started yet without evidence or some proof they know what they are talking about they are just nut jobs.
    The fear they have when you ask to hold the new baby as if your going to deliberately drop it.

Really depends on the parent.
    Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to rearend the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

I'll refer to the Simpsons on this one:

“Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car.” – Marge Simpson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

R0ot wrote: »
    So folks we all know the types,new over possessive parents who constantly boast about their little crying machine and they presume we should all change our lives to accommodate them.

No but you could just be, I don't know.... mannerly? Polite? A decent human being? I mean I don't really care if your a nut job around my kids as long as you show some humanity.
    Examples having to remove the dog from the house when baby visits.

So this is probably down to what kind of dog, but most dogs are grand around kids. If you had a friend with a fear of dogs would you put it in another room when they visited?
    Not allowed swear around a new born baby like they are taking it all in.

See my earlier reference to 'MANNERS'.
    Having to keep music to a minimal in case the noise interrupts the child upstairs.

All depends on the child but see MANNERS again when you live with people/have guests.
    Being clipped on the heels by a buggy being pushed by a possessed parent on a crowded street and a sharp mind the baby look from them.

I've been on both sides of this, first when you are pushing a buggy in Dublin, nobody moves for you regardless if you have NOWHERE else to move. I put this down to Dublin because in other towns/cities people go out of their way to let you by. Again MANNERS. Now on the part of the possessed parents, I put this down to MANNERS also since single/non family people are not the only ones without them.
    Incessant screaming by the child and the patents doing nothing about it when you suggest a solution you get shot down straight away and told you wouldn't understand as your not a parent.

It's pretty simple, if a baby cries yet they are fine / not hungry / doesn't need a change etc. / then you don't go jumping up and down otherwise guess what? EVERY time they want you to jump up and down they will cry. Also you aren't a parent so your suggestions could be absolutely brilliant but you have no credibility just like American Christians can say how life started yet without evidence or some proof they know what they are talking about they are just nut jobs.
    The fear they have when you ask to hold the new baby as if your going to deliberately drop it.

Really depends on the parent.
    Anyone else know some of these new parents who hover over the child like a fly on **** and only see there space and presume you should change everything to accommodate them,ohh forgot to mention the baby on board signs as if we need to be extra careful not to rearend the vehicle in front because a baby sits in the car as opposed to an adult.

I'll refer to the Simpsons on this one:

“Look what I got! Now people will stop intentionally ramming our car.” – Marge Simpson
    Your obviously very touchy about these statements,most possibly you are one of these parents.
    On the issue of buggies in town I witnessed another incident yesterday where a nut job parent charged down the path clipping two tourists who were reading a sign outside a shop,she just powered on without apologising to them.These parents just need to understand that yes the streets are narrow the side walks are cramped but we all need to take our time and all she had to do was say excuse me but she presumed she owned the side walk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

Your obviously very touchy about these statements,most possibly you are one of these parents.
    On the issue of buggies in town I witnessed another incident yesterday where a nut job parent charged down the path clipping two tourists who were reading a sign outside a shop,she just powered on without apologising to them.These parents just need to understand that yes the streets are narrow the side walks are cramped but we all need to take our time and all she had to do was say excuse me but she presumed she owned the side walk.

In fairness: its a path.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Exactly.

As the old saying goes a dirty child is a happy child.

When I was a kid we'd be picking chewing off the ground and putting it in our mouths and drinking the rain off the gates & so on, its disgusting to even think about it but its what kids do, plus it done me no harm *twitch* :pac:

Ahh yeah sure a bit of hepatitis C wont do them any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Biggins wrote: »
    Cats are worse! :(

No, they're not. Dogs stink.

callaway92 wrote: »
    The parents who push their child's buggy onto the road blindly to test and see if there are cars coming are the worst.

The OP is mostly awful but the above-quoted post, and the point in the OP about people taking the heels off you with their buggy are ones I wholeheartedly agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Ha ha yeah it was all the rage back then, I said it to a few people before & a few have done it so I'm not alone :D

I also remember lads picking up smokes people threw on the ground too, I was never a smoker thank god.

You
    Just reminded me.
    We used to smoke anything we could, tea was always easy got, rolled up in brown paper. Leaves too, just off the trees.

I never smoked a proper cigarette in my life. I think a few goes at the tea put me off for life. My sister continued to smoke for about twenty years.

brummytom wrote: »
    Anyway, the worst is 15 year old girls on facebook who are proud of being parents and post the scans, a status for every kick, then incessant statuses once the baby's born, including ones about how much dey luv deyr bf 4eva n eva. Then break up with them once they've popped.

Luckily, I don't have any 15-year-old FB friends, let alone pregnant ones. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Drive their kids to school even thought its only down the road. Why can't they walk ?

Ehh some of us are on our way to work which happens to be 10 miles away ???
    Mentioned already, but girls who bring their newborn to work to show the little fcuker off for all the other women in the office to fawn over for the entire afternoon. Almost always, the little cnut ends up screaming for the duration - it's an office not a God damn creche you dopey bint.

Congratulations - you managed to pro-create. As have hundreds of millions of people around the globe for many years. Don't expect me to give one single flying fcuk because you let some chap blow his beans up your muff.

Oh look, he's just been sick in your purse whereas, my wallet is only full of disposable income.

Whilst I agree about the work thing, I have just told my kids that I hope they do not contribute towards your healthcare (which as taxpayers they surely will) when you are a doddery old fool dribbling out both ends since you will have saved plenty of your disposable income. ;)

This thread just reinforces my opinion that ...
    there are eejits who have kids,
    there are eejits who don't have kids,
    there are eejits who have dogs,
    and there are eejits who don't have dogs.

Now have I left anyone out ?

I am not allowed discuss …

jmayo wrote: »
    Ehh some of us are on our way to work which happens to be 10 miles away ???

Whilst I agree about the work thing, I have just told my kids that I hope they do not contribute towards your healthcare (which as taxpayers they surely will) when you are a doddery old fool dribbling out both ends since you will have saved plenty of your disposable income. ;)

This thread just reinforces my opinion that ...
    there are eejits who have kids,
    there are eejits who don't have kids,
    there are eejits who have dogs,
    and there are eejits who don't have dogs.

Now have I left anyone out ?

yeah, biggest eejit of all, yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,212 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Irishcrx wrote: »
    it's not that big a deal
    yes it is, nobody tells me what to do in my own home, if i want the dog in the house it happens, if someone doesn't want their new-born round my dog theirs to doors they can walk out the back and the front or just don't come in in the first place.
    if these people were friends you'd be happy with their new arrival and respect their wish's when there around
    not when their in my space, in their home fair enough.
    come on like it's only an hour or so..
    yeah thats way to long. the new-borns will be exposed to all sorts and will get over it infact they won't remember, pearents like this and their sympathisers such as you are the reason kids are to afraid to play out or whatever.
    no, just no, if they come to my house its my way or the high-way.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭nachocheese

Just stop inviting them over, simple as.

They need to accept their social life is over, entertaining them as guests is merely encouraging them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

billybudd wrote: »
    [/B]

yeah, biggest eejit of all, yourself.

Ehh I fit into two of the above categories so already counted for.
    What about yourself ? :D

I am not allowed discuss …

Advertisement