Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avon products

• 14-09-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of ordering some things from Avon as someone i know is doing the catalogues. Are there any products that are amazing, must haves? I have heard good things about their make up but never tried any. They seem to be quite reasonably priced too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Being honest, I wouldn't personally recommend it. I was an Avon rep for a while so I have tried a lot of their stuff. Some of it is excellent. Most of it is hit and miss with make up though...

Their foot care and body washes are lovely but I know people can often be disappointed with the make-up when it arrives.

You'll get more for your money with other brands, and you can sample the products beforehand to know exactly what to expect and what suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

I've filled in the contact sheet on the Avon site and no one ever contacted me

There's some of the eyeshadow quads I'd like to try and the eye liners too. Most of the stuff that's I've seen used in the pixiwoo videos :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

I've heard the Supershock gel liner is good and also the Mascaras. Does anyone know if you can order online? So much less hassle then the whole rep thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Orlee wrote: »
    I've filled in the contact sheet on the Avon site and no one ever contacted me

There's some of the eyeshadow quads I'd like to try and the eye liners too. Most of the stuff that's I've seen used in the pixiwoo videos :p

Yeah thats where I've seen their products used too! Their latest video shows a lovely green eyeshadow quad, I would love that and if they had the same in pinks/browns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Avon do excellent make up foundation to powder compacts,also mascaras,nail varnishes do last and last,and excellent cleansing products and serums,such as avon anew,if they still have them they are definatly top of my to buy list - i will be checking out the avon catalogue this month as we have a new avon lady nearby us at the moment..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I love Avon, some of the eyeshadow can be a bit hit or miss but everything else I have bought I've loved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

gillapino wrote: »
    I've heard the Supershock gel liner is good and also the Mascaras.

I got a tube of their mascara free with some magazine recently, and i'm quite impressed by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Can anyone recommend a rep?

Finally got a response but the email I got was terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Louisereb

There is loads of reps around in all area's, especially now coming up to Christmas. Send me a PM & I can get you in touch with one in your area.. Can't beat Avon, for the great value. I used it for years & you get to know what you like.. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I got a really nice lipstick from Avon. It's actually red, not just dark pink. I think it was Chilli coloured. My mam uses their mascara and loves it. I tried one of their foundations and I thought it was awful. It had half rubbed off my mam within an hour and a half and it started to flake off of me by the end of an hour. I'm wearing some of their nail polish right now. It chips fairly easily but that could just be me :o I manage to destroy my nails five minutes after painting them. So it can be a bit mixed. I'm dying to try some of their eye shadows but I read on an old boards thread that the pigment tends to be quite rubbish which put me off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I've tried a few Avon products and they are hit and miss. Their nail polishes are great, I wear them all the time, they'd be on par with Rimmel/Maybelline polishes. Their mascaras are rubbish, not a lot of product comes out on the brush and it's a very dry mascara so it's hard to layer it, I've tried 4 different Avon mascaras and always had this problem. They do a mineral powder foundation that is quite nice but even the lightest shade is too dark for me. Their eyeshadow quads are good and they generally do special offers on them every few weeks. Their lipsticks and glosses are okay, on par with Rimmel for instance.

I can't use their body washes or body lotions but a girl I know does use them and says they're lovely. Some of the perfumes Avon sell are okay but the majority of them smell quite cheap or the scent disappears rather quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I have ordered online from https://avon-shop.ie/

I figured it might be handy as they would just post the stuff out to you but it gets delivered by a courier - can't remember if you could select the times but I got it delivered on a Saturday - I actually found the catalogue uploaded on another site so I could see the special offers etc and just ordered from the above website then and they included the free items (may have mentioned this in the order though just to make sure).

The payment on my paypal went to Avon Drogheda so must be run from there.

The supershock eyeliner is pretty good - its similar to the Urban Decay ones but it can smudge on application as its quite gel like. I think some of the pricier face creams are good as well. For perfume etc Id rather try it out in the shop - I've made mistakes before which I have regretted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,634 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not a fan of their shampoos tbh but do like a few of their fragrances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

I've been buying Avon stuff on and off for about 10 years I guess... As some here have said, there's items that or hit or miss too! Some of their products are lovely and quite cheap too. Wasn't that impressed with the 2 or 3 foundations I got from them but hey, that could be my skin! :o
    Found their shampoos & conditioners to be not so great, not bad but not hectic. Can't use their shower gels anymore though .... Was using them all the time for about 2 years, loved the smells, but I didn't realise it until my friend stopped being an Avon rep and I didn't use them anymore, that that was the cause of recurring thrush for me! :eek: Put 2 and 2 together after switching and found I wasn't getting it anymore! :)
    I love their hand soaps, pretty and cheap! Their bras are really good too, especially their t-shirt bra - about €8.00 I think. I must have about 10 of them! Great 'everyday' bra. Their knickers are lovely too but always order a size smaller than you are - they are HUGE! :eek:
    Love 'Little Black Dress' fragrance too and it's nearly always on offer ;)
    I can't think of the name (and I'm too cosy on the couch to go looking!) but they do an eyeshadow quad and I love it! Wear it everyday and it's still there at night when I take off my make-up. I have gotten quite a few nail polishes too, some are brill, wear them all the time but a few have been pure watery too...

Now, wonder when the next catalogue is out!? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

I love the Argan Oil shampoos and conditioners. Definitely helps with the frizz. And I use their Argan Oil too.

Just ordered a few things that were on special offer -

Eyeshadow quad in Pink Sands

Glimmerstick in Sugar Plum

and Special Edition Supershock Mascara

Can't wait to get them and have a play around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I love the Argan Oil shampoos and conditioners. Definitely helps with the frizz. And I use their Argan Oil too.

The Argan Oil actually has a very low percentage of actual aragn oil in it!

http://beaut.ie/blog/2012/avon-advanced-techniques-moroccan-argan-oil-has-feck-all-argan-oil-in-it-what-a-swizz/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Alice1

I love the Anew stuff from Avon. The Thermafirm cream is half price in current catalogue. I love the eye cream too.

Has anyone ordered from the Avon website before? I still haven't got my things ordered a week ago. Hopefully today they will turn up.

Advertisement