Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airport Strike Advice

• 14-09-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

I am due out on my honeymoon on the 1st of Oct. Now with the talk of strike I am wondering what to do. We can't afford to buy different flights and have no other time available to go if we can't get out that day. Should we see if our travel company will change our flights for the previous day? Would they even do this? Would appreciate some advice. Also with "rolling strike" are we more likely to leave thw country even if it's late and we miss our connection? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

You could always post the same thread twice and see if that helps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

On the positive side you should get twice the advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Apologies stupid phone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

polydactyl wrote: »
    I am due out on my honeymoon on the 1st of Oct. Now with the talk of strike I am wondering what to do. We can't afford to buy different flights and have no other time available to go if we can't get out that day. Should we see if our travel company will change our flights for the previous day? Would they even do this? Would appreciate some advice. Also with "rolling strike" are we more likely to leave thw country even if it's late and we miss our connection? Thanks

All good flight companies are signed up to a regulating body which includes a form of insurance for themselves.
    This means that alternative flights should be made eventually available via a different carrier - or accommodation should be found if the worse comes to the worst!

Long term, you should get your money back.

You could try changing dates but that now could prove to be expensive if the flight date is particularly near.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

polydactyl wrote: »
    If it was me, I'd use this as the perfect excuse to cancel the whole thing, with the money saved you could charter your own flight

• Advertisement

If you want proper advice, OP, go to Personal Issues or Consumer Issues. You won't get it here, that's for sure. I'm surprised nobody has blamed the Africans/Roma Gypsies/Travelers yet.

Advertisement