Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My credit report

Options
  • 14-09-2012 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me who aib bank uses for a credit check on your history?
    The reason i ask is because i just received a copy of my report from the icb,( trying to get a mortage) with my current address and previous addresses, and it showed " No data Found"

Which i found a little confusing because i applied for an overdraft a few months back with aib and was granted the overdraft even thou i got a call from the bank to let me know that they knew of a loan write off regarding the credit union to which is correct?

so why is this not on my report now?
    is it because the aib uses someone else?
    i thought the icb were the big boys in the credit scoring system?
    Im scratching my head now :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

The loan write off may have been registered in court, in which case it stays there forever. The credit union may not have been a member of the ICB so therefore it wont be on that.

There are two other companies who provide details of credit. Experian and Business Pro(Stubbs). So could be one of those as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

The credit unions are registered with the icb for years, just got off the phone with experian and they dont deal with credit unions, in fact he couldnt tell me what a credit union is? i rang the dublin number for experian but was put through to the uk,,,is there a way to check the county court judgements?

Re-reading and thinking here....your best bet is to speak to AIB. If they refused you credit based on a database search, they have to tell you what database they used.

They didnt refuse me they granted the overdraft !!!

banjacksed wrote: »
    They didnt refuse me they granted the overdraft !!!

I don't understand your issue then. Are you trying to find your own credit history before you apply for a mortgage?

• Advertisement

Yes,,,,,

How can i find out what court judgements are there against me? how do the banks do it? iv tried looking online but finding nothing

banjacksed wrote: »
    How can i find out what court judgements are there against me? how do the banks do it? iv tried looking online but finding nothing

There's no publicly available list or database that I'm aware of. Business Pro(Stubbs) do collect records of court judgements, but they deal with business's.

Well if the icb would answer the phone or call me back to discuss the report it be a start, ringing them since yesterday no answer left msgs no reply :mad:

Got to the end of it, twas on my icb records in may but was removed in june because it was on it so long,

• Advertisement
Advertisement