Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"7 Weeks To" Routine.

• 14-09-2012 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

I was talking to my brother the other day, who's always been into his physical fitness and diet. Never massively, but just enough to keep fit. Anyway, he's started this programme and has his goals set and I was wondering if the more knowledgeable thought it was worthwhile.

The 7 Weeks routines he plans to complete are 100 push-ups, 200 squats, 50 pull-ups, and 150 sit-ups. He' has completed the 200 squats and is at 75 push-ups. His overall goal is to be able to do a full circuit of all 4 daily. This is a long term goal, he's not looking to have it all done in 28 weeks, he also wants to simply maintain a decent level of fitness not "bench x weight x number of times".

Is this manageable? Worthwhile? A waste of time? Are there better things he could do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Dka e80

I was talking to my brother the other day, who's always been into his physical fitness and diet. Never massively, but just enough to keep fit. Anyway, he's started this programme and has his goals set and I was wondering if the more knowledgeable thought it was worthwhile.

The 7 Weeks routines he plans to complete are 100 push-ups, 200 squats, 50 pull-ups, and 150 sit-ups. He' has completed the 200 squats and is at 75 push-ups. His overall goal is to be able to do a full circuit of all 4 daily. This is a long term goal, he's not looking to have it all done in 28 weeks, he also wants to simply maintain a decent level of fitness not "bench x weight x number of times".

Is this manageable? Worthwhile? A waste of time? Are there better things he could do?

Not the worse program in the world, only negative is tat it might get boring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Pretty unbalanced goals there. 100 pushups is tough but achievable, 200 squats sounds achievable, but I can guarantee you he won't get close to 50 pull ups in 7 weeks (probably not ever, being honest).

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

yep, i dont know any gym junkie able to do 50 pull ups, thats a big ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

is the aim to do the pulls up unbroken? Are they strict is kipping allowed?

either way doing 50 pull ups every day over a long period of time could be asking for shoulder problems.

Advertisement