Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Down IV - Part 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

so, any opinions on this so far. I haven't bought it yet, but streamed it. Not sure what to make of it. I don't is it just my tastes are shifting again, and I don't find it very good. Kind of more of the same, which can be a good thing, as Down do what Down do........

Jury is out at the moment... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

I bought it and I really like it! You're not going to get a massive shift in direction from Down, and it's a solid record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

It's only ok for them, I expected better because they are a quality band. It's a bit heavy, and sludgy/ doomish. Not the lazy Southern vibe they usually have, doesn't have the same stomping/punch you in the face power & boldness as Nola & Down II. Misfortune Teller is my fave track, a little Sabbath-ish & in a similar style to other songs they have. I hate to admit it, but you can really hear Phil's voice deteriorating, especially compared to his vocals on earlier material like Temptations Wings, which are just phenomenal. Going over to see them in London Roundhouse this month :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

you can really hear Phil's voice deteriorating, especially compared to his vocals on earlier material like Temptations Wings, which are just phenomenal.

Retracting this. Just saw Down over in London last weekend and Phil still screams like a crazed demon. So powerful and ridiculously high. Temptations Wings live was spot on. Why he doesn't do it on this album is beyond me, but definitely still capable and it was fukn awesome.

Advertisement