Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Central Killarney - bait and switch?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭

Sorry for a long winded and somewhat rantish post but does anyone know anything about the situation regarding the cancellations and line-up changes at the comedy central shows in Killarney tonight and tomorrow?

At the moment it's almost looking like a bait and switch. Up to a week and a half ago they had a fantastic line up, Neil Delamere, PJ Gallagher, Colin Murphy, Deirdre O'Kane and more. It was set up for 6 or 7 standups on Friday night, Dylan Moran headlining on Saturday and then another standalone show from the other comedians.

Now a few days/week ago they cancelled all except Dylan Moran on Saturday and cut it down to just a few comedians on Friday night. With the exception of Dylan Moran all of the names mentioned above and more are gone.

Myself and the OH got tickets for the whole weekend and have heard absolutely nothing from the INEC or Ticketmaster about these changes, we only saw them by accident when we went back to the ticketmaster page to see if tickets were available for friends.

Contacted INEC and they knew nothing first of all then saw on Facebook that they were supposedly waiting to contact all customers to see if they wanted refunds before announcing changes. Lo and behold this morning the OH sees that she has a voicemail (but no missed call WTF?) with a garbled message saying something about a lineup change and to contact ticketmaster if there are any issues.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it messed up that they change the lineup, cancel a show and don't inform ticketholders until the morning of the gig? At this stage it's too late to cancel hotels without losing money. Really annoying.

Again sorry for the long post but was anyone else thinking of going to this who has had more communication from the organisers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ok i also bought tickets for the late sat night show, which was cancelled.

Hotel etc was booked so was in the horrors.

I got an email on the friday morning saying they would exchange my cancelled show tickets for dylan moran tickets for earlier in the night.

Fair enough , a straight swap i would of preferred the later gig but what can you do.

They emailed me wednesay , saying to reply leaving them know would i like and exchange or a refund. I emailed back immediately saying exchange.

By friday afternoon i had heard nothing so i had to ring and find out what the hell was going on . They told me the box office would swap original tickets for dylan moran tickets no problem.

Also box office left a voicemail at lunchtime saturday(the day of the gig) saying the same thing.

All in all dylan moran was nowhere near sold out. So i would say they were having problems selling tickets anyway. Not sure what happened really but would be very hesitant of booking tickets to this particular comedy central event again.

Advertisement