Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site with cottage clearance costs (asbestos roof?)

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi.
    I'm considering purchasing a small plot with a small cottage. Cottage is tiny about 144 sq feet. The roof on it may be asbestos but I can't be sure. Before putting in an offer I want to get some idea of how much it would cost to clear the site assuming

1. The roof is asbestos
    2. The roof is not asbestos

Do I just call a site demolition company for a quote? Any help would be appreciated

tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You could ring any of the Asbestos rendering firms and give them the dimensions of the roof, they will advise on how to remove and package the asbestos and will then collect it and dispose of it. If indeed it is asbestos.

A picture may very well tell if it is.

Regarding the remainder of the site clearance,
    location, access, quantities and disposal site location and fees will all play a part in the costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 tomahawke

thanks for the advice Uncle much appreciated...

Advertisement