Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desperately seeking new home for Guinea Pigs!!

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, I have the two cutest little Guinea Pigs. But moved in with my boyfriend two weeks ago and they have made him super sneezy! Really bad allergies.

Im devastated to have to part with them but its that or move out :(

If anyone is, or knows anyone interested in adopting to lovely little ladies let me know! :)

They have a cage, feeding bowl, water bottle, guide book. and a leash. Yes. I am serious. Its super cute.

ps. I live in Galway

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Is it the pigs or the hay that your boyfriend is allergic to? Has he tried taking a daily antihistamine?

Also, leashes are generally considered unsafe for guinea pigs as the can damage their spines.

Best of luck finding a home for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

I would also check with taking away the hay aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I would agree you should never use a leash/harness on a guinea pig it's not good for them despite some pet shops selling them. You can't take away their hay it's essential to their diet.

If the guinea pigs are on woodchips I would suggest removing the woodchips and just using newspaper and hay or fleeces and hay.
    You could also use towels and fleeces and hidey places and then place the hay in a hack rack so there is less hay lying around but the pigs can still access it. Even if you do rehome them these things might be worth doing anyway to see if it helps.

My young one has allergies and we just had our previous pigs and guest piggies in a room seperated off from the rest of the house so mabey re-locating the pigs to another room in the house should help a lot and when giving hay shake it out outside first and place it all in pillow cases or a duvet cover to hold the hay in and stop it from flying everywhere.

You can also buy air filters. To be honest you should be able to keep them if you do all this.

If his allergies end up severe and you can't hold on to them then I can put them on my site with their details if you pm me and spread the word a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Look I am a fair distance away but I'll help if needs be. I have two guinea pigs at the moment & they are lovely animals.

And you can't take away their hay - it is essential to their diets.

Advertisement