Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An xbox Swapping Shop?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

What would you guys think of an idea of creating a website that gamers can trade in there games for other games.

For example the website would have a list of games they had and then you could go onto the website and trade in your game in exchange for that game?

The games could be given credit scores so people couldn't trade fifa 07 for Modern Warfare 3? And if you wanted you could buy credits so that you could upgrade your trade so say the fifa 07 was worth 2 credits and then Modern Warfare 3 was 5 you could just buy 3 credits to match the games.

Would this work what do you guys think of the idea. I'm interested to hear the response before beginning the process of creating the site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Purchiz

That website has so much potential but it's not being pushed enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Purchiz wrote: »
    That website has so much potential but it's not being pushed enough.

I wouldn't let the existence of this website detract from your idea. You are right about the site, and to be fair, I don't think it's all that great right now.

Do you think my idea would work then?

Nobody have an opinion on this then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

i think your idea might work i know id use a site like that

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Great idea! A site that is more like a simple swap-meet would be great. There must be sites like this out there on the net somewhere for other countries?

It would need rules to work, like an agreed number of points per title or something, to avoid squabbles about the value of one game over another, etc.

I'd be very interested to see this up and running!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭JaqenHgarr

i think this site sounds like a great idea as i have already mentioned , however i think it would work better as a shop. the draw back of a shop being that it would only be avainable to people in that area. would you be running it like adverts.ie where people have their own profile and post their adds(in this case games) and then arrange to meet up or post to each other through the website and you , the admin, would be involved in rating games and solving disputes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Sounds like a good idea, but why limit yourself to just Xbox games?

Advertisement