Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will your Christmas theme be?

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭

Do you have a decorating theme?

I love red and green with traditional decorations on my tree.

I also love decorations with a year on them. As I hang them I remember what was happening that year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

We Don't really have a theme in my house , It's just very traditional .
    Yeah we have ornaments with the year on them aswel , there fun to look back on :)
    I hope you have a good Christmas this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 abba twar screams

recycling - we put our christmas tree, including stand, outside in the garden with the intention of bringing it to the nearest recycling centre.

As it was in full view of the kitchen window we thought it looked nice and so said we'd leave it there for a while. As the months have gone on we've been surprised at how beautiful it looked as it changed from dark to light green, then yellowish green, rust and now light brown. But it still looks beautiful as it has totally kept its shape and most of its needles.

So, if it's still looking good at Christmas 2012 - we'll definitely put outdoor lights on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

IrishGurll wrote: »
    We Don't really have a theme in my house , It's just very traditional .
    Yeah we have ornaments with the year on them aswel , there fun to look back on :)
    I hope you have a good Christmas this year :)

Happy Christmas to you too! ;)

Do you buy new decorations each year? I add 2 or 3 to my collection and I always try and buy one when I am on holidays too.

Awh Thanks ! :)
    Well what we do is , we put up our decorations from the year before on the 21st of November ( I know its early but we love Christmas lol ) and then we just buy new decorations when we find them so nothing is ever really different but I like it like that ! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

Bells bows and baubles,the whole works,with santa clauses and lots of angels..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 abba twar screams

Bells bows and baubles,the whole works,with santa clauses and lots of angels..

love them all!

spent ages last year untangling lights tho - didn't take the time to pack them properly the year before

lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Colour, and lots of it! I never understand people who do a 'fancy' tree, or anything. My gf's Mum matches her tree and ornaments to her current sitting room colours!!! Mad. When I was growing up my Mum had loads of ornaments from when her and Dad first got married, and then every year she just used to buy 1 new special bauble that caught her eye and it would go right up the front.

I recently started my own decorations collection with my GF, which is pretty awesome. I feel mature. :p

Oh I could never have matchy matchy Christmas decorations :L , Its all about about tacky when it comes to Christmas for me :L
    Defo Agree with you , It's all about colour !

Mine sure isn't matchy either.....but I'd definitely say it has a certain look (or theme) as I tend to buy very similar looking decorations, eg. I love the look of candy canes so lots of my decorations have red and white stripes in them, but overall it is a mismatch of red, green and white decorations collected from over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I wouldn't match the colour of the decorations to the decor of the house but I do like the colours of the decorations to complement each other! We have red, green, gold and cream mainly. Lots of bows too.
    I also like the tree to match the garland on the fireplace and the bannister of the stairs, it would bug me if they didn't match!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Anne Other

recycling - we put our christmas tree, including stand, outside in the garden with the intention of bringing it to the nearest recycling centre.

As it was in full view of the kitchen window we thought it looked nice and so said we'd leave it there for a while. As the months have gone on we've been surprised at how beautiful it looked as it changed from dark to light green, then yellowish green, rust and now light brown. But it still looks beautiful as it has totally kept its shape and most of its needles.

So, if it's still looking good at Christmas 2012 - we'll definitely put outdoor ligs on it!
    My Mam did that one year and set sweet peas around it. they looked like Christmas decorations on it in summer!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Just traditional for us...

My Mother LOVES Christmas and the folks travel a good bit and always bring us a tree ornament from the places they visit.. so the tree has an International theme I guess :D

So looking forward to Christmas this year... The little guy will have just turned 2 so Santa will have much more significance than last year :) and we're having all the family over for Xmas dinner.. can't wait.

xzanti wrote: »
    Just traditional for us...

My Mother LOVES Christmas and the folks travel a good bit and always bring us a tree ornament from the places they visit.. so the tree has an International theme I guess :D

So looking forward to Christmas this year... The little guy will have just turned 2 so Santa will have much more significance than last year :) and we're having all the family over for Xmas dinner.. can't wait.

Oooh I like the sound of your "international" theme!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Tacky Tacky Tacky :D:D:D

Before I had the kids I had the beautiful matching tree / decorations / only white lights ect. Very sophificated looking

Now I like multi-coloured lights like I had growning up, lots and lots of decorations of a magnitude of colour, shape and size. I want my house to look exactly like the tree / decorations I had growning up in the 80's. So now it looks like something from a Shakin' Steven's video and I LOVE IT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

keeping it simple - old fashioned decorations that I have had for years on my tree. lots of candles and lanterns decorating the hallway and various rooms. Warm cosy look, open fire, cinnamon smell put in the diffuser and rustic wreaths on doors. I don't like the "modern" christmas with the modern lights, glass, purples, blues, etc. horrible.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

keeping it simple - old fashioned decorations that I have had for years on my tree. lots of candles and lanterns decorating the hallway and various rooms. Warm cosy look, open fire, cinnamon smell put in the diffuser and rustic wreaths on doors. I don't like the "modern" christmas with the modern lights, glass, purples, blues, etc. horrible.

Sounds lovely, when can we all move in? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

lockie1983 wrote: »

8th December - bring a bottle. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

lockie1983 wrote: »

8th December - bring a bottle. ;)

I actually have a bottle of mulled wine in the press - I wonder is it still good!

Advertisement