Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy Assistant

Options
  • 14-09-2012 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I'm looking for information on physiotherapy assistants courses in Ireland. Has anybody done one? Are there many jobs out there. I am in the Galway area and work fulltime. I would love to do a course part time. I would be willing to travel to do the course though. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

The only private course I know of is in the portobello institute in Dublin. Jobs are few and far between - some work in hospitals and some in the community or for charities such as the Irish Wheelchair association. Very hard to get a job at this unfortuantely. The course should be a pre-requisite IMO, you shouldn't be able to get a job working with vulnerable people like that with no structured training and education.

Advertisement