Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat Mega Thread! Please post all your car seat questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eds

Dobbit wrote: »
    Thanks.

Bit annoying that most of the links I've found so far don't reference how safe they are in the event of a rear collision it's all "5 TIMES SAFER!!!" (in the event of a frontal collision..) but what if someone slams into the back of my car?

Also that link leaves out some chunks of info such as "Only 9 properly restrained rear facing kids died in Sweden in 5 years", out of how many total? How many weren't properly restrained and why? Was it the seat or the parents?

I've no links but my understanding is that the types of car crash that cause most injury/death percentage wise are head on or side impact, not from being rear ended. If you are hit from behind it is also likely to be at a much lower speed unless you are at a stop and hit by a speeding car.

Our son is greater than 98th centile for height and weight and still fits in the Britax Two Way Elite, he'll be 4 in March (I think the seat advertises as safe up to age 6 for your average sized child). It harnesses up to 25kg.

To give you an indication of growth in the first year, DS was born just over 5kg, he was over 10kg at 12 weeks but didn't hit 13kg until he turned one on the button. His head was just about at the top of the shell at that point too (we had a MC Cabrio)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We were considering the Besafe Izi car seat for our upcoming arrival but have just seen a Besafe modular system online. The second seat appears to be rear facing up till 4 years but can also be used forward facing. Does anyone have any experience with this system?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

jlm29 wrote: »
    Boots have it for €164. Doesn't seem to be on smyths website anymore.

This one? http://www.boots.ie/en/Joie-i-ANCHOR-Grouo-0-1-Car-Seat-Liquorice_1646222/

Am I right in thinking it comes with the base? If so that's a really good price.

Edit: never mind, base sold separately just saw, which boots don't seem to sell?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Dobbit wrote: »
    Thanks.

Bit annoying that most of the links I've found so far don't reference how safe they are in the event of a rear collision it's all "5 TIMES SAFER!!!" (in the event of a frontal collision..) but what if someone slams into the back of my car?

Have you watched the videos? Have you seen the impact on baby's neck in a forward facing seat? And when rear facing the impact is spread along their back? Only 20% of collisions are from behind.

http://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the-science-junkies-guide/

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Have you watched the videos? Have you seen the impact on baby's neck in a forward facing seat? And when rear facing the impact is spread along their back? Only 20% of collisions are from behind.

http://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the-science-junkies-guide/

Relax, I'll probably get a rear facing one, just commenting that a lot of the links I found left out some info that would be good to know is all :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Clashmore

Check out www.boots.ie, some great car seat deals at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

My brother in Belfast will be looking for a carseat for a newborn soon - isn't there some shop up the north that's always being recommended here, so I can pass it on to him? Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

In car safety centre Lady is a tramp as far as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking for some advice

Have a little girl who is nearly 3, we have her in Axiss. She is constantly getting her arms out. Went to Kealy's to make sure she is been put in right etc but nothing works. She is very tall for her age and we have the part at top raised to the highest. I think this might be issue

Anyway went to Smyths and they said we need to move her into a 1-2-3 seat. I bought the below

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/baby/c-586/car-seats-booster/p-15535/cuddleco-junior-trio-butterfly-pink-group-1-2-3/

I am just wondering is this the correct seat? Also it worked out about 50 quid with a voucher I had but is there a better one available?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Shefwedfan my guy was unreal for getting arms out. I bought a car seatbelt gadget from kealys it is a besafe one and was €5. Incarsafetycentre recommended it to me. I don't know anything about the axis but is it when their eyes or top of ears reach the top of car seat rather than head?

• Advertisement

I wonder if someone could advise me! My 2 year old and 1 month is now 18kg :eek: he has always been rear facing. I have a Britax twe in my car but need a spare car seat. My spare at the mo is a erf 0-18kg isofix Britax max fix2 is is used rarely max once every 2 months.

I am now worried granny/OH won't install tethers and seatbelt correctly on a rearfacing seat :( isofix was great as it took seconds and was either green or red. Seat will taken out and reinstalled every time it is used. I am wondering would I be better getting a forward facing isofix car seat as then it will defo be installed correctly? Is there such a thing as an isofix forward facing car seat that has a harness for over 18kg?

I don't really need it till sept but it would be handy to have now. Rang kealys already some erf seats are out of stock till April/may anyway.
    I have emailed Incarsafetycentre ;)

Thanks a million ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I have a qashqui and am using britax first class for my 2 1/2 yr old. It's now getting very awkward to get her in and out.
    I picked up a britax evolva but it'very difficult to tighten the harness. I am going to keep it for when she is a bit older and can use seat belt with it.
    I'm finding it very hard to find seats to fit the car for now.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I have the evolva for both of mine (2 and 4), harness can be stiff initially, but I think it's a great seat. Can recommend anything else I'm afraid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

I have the evolva for both of mine (2 and 4), harness can be stiff initially, but I think it's a great seat. Can recommend anything else I'm afraid

I love it. Sometimes it just won't tightened at all tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

I just bought a maxi cosi easyfix base and I've noticed that the isofix guides aren't included that are shown in the instructions? Is this normal or did Smyth's sell me one with a missing bit! It may well be that these are unnecessary?

Edit: managed to click it in without the guides, hooray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

So here's my dilemma...
    Bought a maxicosi bundle - easy fix base, pebble and two way pearl.
    Bought a secondhand easy fix base to save having to switch between cars. It took the pebble fine but they have changed the pearl to front/rear facing and it won't fit the old style base.
    I suffer with frozen shoulder and was considering bringing the pebble back to exchange for an Axiss swivel seat but husband pulled all the tags off!
    Should I just leave the pebble for his car and buy an Axiss seat for myself or get an old style pebble to fit the older base?

heldel00 wrote: »
    So here's my dilemma...
    Bought a maxicosi bundle - easy fix base, pebble and two way pearl.
    Bought a secondhand easy fix base to save having to switch between cars. It took the pebble fine but they have changed the pearl to front/rear facing and it won't fit the old style base.
    I suffer with frozen shoulder and was considering bringing the pebble back to exchange for an Axiss swivel seat but husband pulled all the tags off!
    Should I just leave the pebble for his car and buy an Axiss seat for myself or get an old style pebble to fit the older base?

Do you want isofix? Axiss is forward facing.

I have my own dilemma, my son is nearly 28 months and keeps trying to turn around in rearward seat. (Two way elite) I have tried the anti escape harness and the besafe clip :( he is 18ish kg. It is very dangerous as I have to pull over to put him back in harness. I have brought him into Tony kealys to make sure harness is on seat and him correctly :( I was hoping to keep him rearward for as long as possible. I am going to have to buy another 2 new car seats soon.
    Because of his weight my options are very limited as I need a 5 point harness.
    :( has anyone experienced this? Any tips to keep him rearward?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »

The newest model of axis which is the axissfix that's been around the last year or so is rear and forward facing :)

The axissfix is very expensive. Can't afford it at the minute. My fear is that if I buy the old style pearl or the Axiss, both of which are forward facing, then I won't have a hope of him settling in my new model, rear facing, pearl seat.
    Any suggestions for other less expensive rear facing seats?

heldel00 wrote: »
    The axissfix is very expensive. Can't afford it at the minute. My fear is that if I buy the old style pearl or the Axiss, both of which are forward facing, then I won't have a hope of him settling in my new model, rear facing, pearl seat.
    Any suggestions for other less expensive rear facing seats?

A lot of people have "joie" car seats. Think they are called "tilt", "stages" or "everyday stages". Casual play also have one that is isofix and 2way. Hauck have one isofix one "varioguard".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Guys, I can't seem to fit the easy fix base to the isofix points in my car. I thought the yellow things should slide out a bit, to them click into the isofix points, but they don't seem to budge.
    Am I being totally blonde??

A lot of people have "joie" car seats. Think they are called "tilt", "stages" or "everyday stages". Casual play also have one that is isofix and 2way. Hauck have one isofix one "varioguard".

I have three joie car seats, the tilt, the stages and the ianchor. All were purchased on sale and fairly reasonably priced. Each has pros and cons but they're keeping us rear facing!

Tilt: cheapest(we paid 90) my favourite but has a short shell so very unlikely to last to the 18kg. Belt fix.

Stages: next cheapest. Purchased on sale at 140. Next most favourite. Belt is a little fiddly initially as its a bigger shell fine now tho. Straps have this grippy stuff on the back so can be a bit of a pain to get them up on the shoulders. Once there tho in fairness they don't move. Takes up a fair bit of room in the back seat (Honda civic)

Ianchor: most expensive and least favourite for now. The recline is not as good as I would like so for now this is my least favourite, if very asleep his head falls forward. He's in the 'between stage, he'd be grand with the infant insert but he's too big). However it's isofix (dead handy), seat shell is more compact, straps are easier to use than the stages and it has adjustable head rest so should last to 18kg

Guys, I can't seem to fit the easy fix base to the isofix points in my car. I thought the yellow things should slide out a bit, to them click into the isofix points, but they don't seem to budge.
    Am I being totally blonde??

They do, it's a bit awkward at first you have to press the button on the leg at the front! Try a YouTube video for help?

I have three joie car seats, the tilt, the stages and the ianchor. All were purchased on sale and fairly reasonably priced. Each has pros and cons but they're keeping us rear facing!

Tilt: cheapest(we paid 90) my favourite but has a short shell so very unlikely to last to the 18kg. Belt fix.

Stages: next cheapest. Purchased on sale at 140. Next most favourite. Belt is a little fiddly initially as its a bigger shell fine now tho. Straps have this grippy stuff on the back so can be a bit of a pain to get them up on the shoulders. Once there tho in fairness they don't move. Takes up a fair bit of room in the back seat (Honda civic)

Ianchor: most expensive and least favourite for now. The recline is not as good as I would like so for now this is my least favourite, if very asleep his head falls forward. He's in the 'between stage, he'd be grand with the infant insert but he's too big). However it's isofix (dead handy), seat shell is more compact, straps are easier to use than the stages and it has adjustable head rest so should last to 18kg

Thanks mirror wall. I'd like to be rear facing as long as possible. I have this horrible image of even having to jam on brakes suddenly and his little neck getting a jolt. He has quite a large head and looking at him sitting on the floor this evening, I noticed how fragile his neck looks!
    I'll have a look at the tilt seat because I know rightly if he is rear facing in one car and forward facing in the other he'll never settle for rear facing.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have my own dilemma, my son is nearly 28 months and keeps trying to turn around in rearward seat. (Two way elite) I have tried the anti escape harness and the besafe clip :( he is 18ish kg. It is very dangerous as I have to pull over to put him back in harness. I have brought him into Tony kealys to make sure harness is on seat and him correctly :( I was hoping to keep him rearward for as long as possible. I am going to have to buy another 2 new car seats soon.
    Because of his weight my options are very limited as I need a 5 point harness.
    :( has anyone experienced this? Any tips to keep him rearward?

I feel your pain,I had to move my just 2 year old out of the rear facing seat because she has hyper mobile joints and kept breaking out despite the Houdini clip.
    It is safer that she is strapped in to a car seat then rear facing and breaking out. The others were over and nearly 3 before I moved them.

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I feel your pain,I had to move my just 2 year old out of the rear facing seat because she has hyper mobile joints and kept breaking out despite the Houdini clip.
    It is safer that she is strapped in to a car seat then rear facing and breaking out. The others were over and nearly 3 before I moved them.

Moonbeam I absolutely agree! I have a TWE so that can go forward facing.the only other seat that has a harness is an advantisfix.

Do you know any others that are suitable?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I bought this one due to a which review http://www.kiddy.de/us/car-seats/9months-12years/the-2-in-1-child-safety-seat.html and it is what she is in now.
    She can break out of anything with straps/

I bought this one due to a which review http://www.kiddy.de/us/car-seats/9months-12years/the-2-in-1-child-safety-seat.html and it is what she is in now.
    She can break out of anything with straps/

Thanks moonbeam. I looked at those seats but thought impact shield only went to 18kg? He is only 2 and 3 months so too young for seat belt.

Does shield last longer? Seat looks great saw them in bella baby

Thanks moonbeam. I looked at those seats but thought impact shield only went to 18kg? He is only 2 and 3 months so too young for seat belt.

You are right :(
    My 5 year old doesn't weigh much more thus me thinking ah it will do Him until 5

• Advertisement

You are right :(
    My 5 year old doesn't weigh much more thus me thinking ah it will do Him until 5

:( such a bummer. I think I will end up buying 2 advansafix.1 first and see how it goes :( I can turn my TWE forward facing.
    There must be a market out there for heavy toddlers. I am hoping Incarsafety will give me 10% off seeing as I bought my last two seats from them;)

My guy was grand this week on car journeys but it takes about 3 mins to get him to face backwards when he climbs in seat. I am going to try and hold off turning him for as long as I can.

They do, it's a bit awkward at first you have to press the button on the leg at the front! Try a YouTube video for help?

Thanks! I got it eventually. I only ever used the belt on my first, because my last car didn't have isofix. I asked the last day I was in a ford garage, but they weren't insured to show me! Done now. All I have to do now is figure out which next stage seat to buy!

:( such a bummer. I think I will end up buying 2 advansafix.1 first and see how it goes :( I can turn my TWE forward facing.
    There must be a market out there for heavy toddlers. I am hoping Incarsafety will give me 10% off seeing as I bought my last two seats from them;)

My guy was grand this week on car journeys but it takes about 3 mins to get him to face backwards when he climbs in seat. I am going to try and hold off turning him for as long as I can.

Millem, have you looked at the concord reverso? Rear facing with isofix to 23kg I think? I don't think it can be changed around to forward facing though, which might not suit you?
    I've been following your conundrum- I won't need it for another while, but my baby is big, so I could see myself having the same trouble as you- I'd like to buy a rear facing seat that will last as long as possible, rather than having to buy another when he is 2

Edited to add: I have noted your latest troubles about your boy wanting to stay forward facing, so my post is more about me picking your brains than about me actually being any help to you!

Millem, have you looked at the concord reverso? Rear facing with isofix to 23kg I think? I don't think it can be changed around to forward facing though, which might not suit you?
    I've been following your conundrum- I won't need it for another while, but my baby is big, so I could see myself having the same trouble as you- I'd like to buy a rear facing seat that will last as long as possible, rather than having to buy another when he is 2

Edited to add: I have noted your latest troubles about your boy wanting to stay forward facing, so my post is more about me picking your brains than about me actually being any help to you!

Hi jlm, I would say buy a seat that goes up to 25kg and can be forward (I hate to say) or rearward facing. The britax two way elite does this and has the tallest seat shell on the market. It uses a seatbelt and tether straps. There is a new one called dino radian but I don't know anything about it.

I am very disappointed that I will have to turn him forward facing much sooner than expected but tbh it is just very very stressful and dangerous constantly checking his mirror and trying to pull over :eek:

His has stayed in his seat all this week thank God! I am finished work for summer in a few weeks so will try out advansafix in flesh. It is forward facing isofix until 36kg.

Hi jlm, I would say buy a seat that goes up to 25kg and can be forward (I hate to say) or rearward facing. The britax two way elite does this and has the tallest seat shell on the market. It uses a seatbelt and tether straps. There is a new one called dino radian but I don't know anything about it.

I am very disappointed that I will have to turn him forward facing much sooner than expected but tbh it is just very very stressful and dangerous constantly checking his mirror and trying to pull over :eek:

His has stayed in his seat all this week thank God! I am finished work for summer in a few weeks so will try out advansafix in flesh. It is forward facing isofix until 36kg.

Thanks Millem. I have another while to think about it- the TWE is probably the best option so, unless there's a fabulous new invention in the next few months! The concord reverso seems ideal, except it seems pointless to buy something that can't be turned round!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

I don't know if it helps but I have this seat and my boy who is 5 since November only stopped using the impact shield yesterday. He's an average size 5 year old and has only recently gone above 18kg. He'd have happily kept using the impact shield but I wasn't sure if it would impact his safety to continue to use it beyond 18kg.

• Advertisement

Thanks Millem. I have another while to think about it- the TWE is probably the best option so, unless there's a fabulous new invention in the next few months! The concord reverso seems ideal, except it seems pointless to buy something that can't be turned round!

And those 2kgs could be useful plus I don't know about how tall seat shell is? TWE can be used in any car even those with under floor storage where I presume the concord one has a supporting leg. I even brought TWE to Spain and it was rearward in a Renault Clio

Meath08 wrote: »
    I don't know if it helps but I have this seat and my boy who is 5 since November only stopped using the impact shield yesterday. He's an average size 5 year old and has only recently gone above 18kg. He'd have happily kept using the impact shield but I wasn't sure if it would impact his safety to continue to use it beyond 18kg.

My problem is my 2 year old is 18kg!!!!!!!!!
    The impact shield should not be used beyond 18kg :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Meath08

My problem is my 2 year old is 18kg!!!!!!!!!
    The impact shield should not be used beyond 18kg :(

Sorry, I missed that crucial point!

Sorry, I missed that crucial point!

Looks like a great seat ;)

My 7 ,5 and 3 year olds have used them too but they are all over the required weight to just use the seatbelt now .She is still trying to break out though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

anyone recommend a car seat for a 2 year old? Its for grannys car so only occasional use and no naps in it.

Have to return the one she bought in Argos due to the recall

My 4.5 yr old is in a high back booster. I know that it's recommended that he continue to use this until he's 36 kg (I actually haven't a clue what he weighs, I must weigh him tomorrow), but is there any height recommendations? He's very tall, and the top of his head is above the top of the head rest (not much yet, but he's stretching at an awful rate!)- is it outgrown when the tips of his ears reach the top? He's still very comfortable, so I'm not worried, but I'm just wondering what I should keep an eye out for! If he does outgrow it, are there high back boosters that can suit taller children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭sillysocks

My 4.5 yr old is in a high back booster. I know that it's recommended that he continue to use this until he's 36 kg (I actually haven't a clue what he weighs, I must weigh him tomorrow), but is there any height recommendations? He's very tall, and the top of his head is above the top of the head rest (not much yet, but he's stretching at an awful rate!)- is it outgrown when the tips of his ears reach the top? He's still very comfortable, so I'm not worried, but I'm just wondering what I should keep an eye out for! If he does outgrow it, are there high back boosters that can suit taller children?

Does the headrest on your seat not adjust? On most of them you can raise the headrest-usually there's a handle on the back you press and it allows it be raised. If not there's definitely ones you could get that would last her longer. The stage 2/3 ones are meant to last until age 12 so I doubt a 4.5 year old could have fully outgrown it. Just for reference my little one is 5.5 years and 18kg so has quite a bit of growing until 36kgs. Maybe if you google the seat name you'd find instructions online that'd help to see if it's adjustable.

I doubt there's too many 12 year olds still in high back boosters but at 4.5 Id feel much happier with a child staying in one. If you look online at the difference between the high back and normal booster cushions in a crash the difference is quite scary.

We recently bought a Britax Adventure, it's wasn't too expensive and find it great. It's quite narrow so doesn't take up too much space and also is the first seat where she can put on her own seatbelt which is a big plus for me!

sillysocks wrote: »
    Does the headrest on your seat not adjust? On most of them you can raise the headrest-usually there's a handle on the back you press and it allows it be raised. If not there's definitely ones you could get that would last her longer. The stage 2/3 ones are meant to last until age 12 so I doubt a 4.5 year old could have fully outgrown it. Just for reference my little one is 5.5 years and 18kg so has quite a bit of growing until 36kgs. Maybe if you google the seat name you'd find instructions online that'd help to see if it's adjustable.

I doubt there's too many 12 year olds still in high back boosters but at 4.5 Id feel much happier with a child staying in one. If you look online at the difference between the high back and normal booster cushions in a crash the difference is quite scary.

We recently bought a Britax Adventure, it's wasn't too expensive and find it great. It's quite narrow so doesn't take up too much space and also is the first seat where she can put on her own seatbelt which is a big plus for me!

Thanks, I haven't actually checked if the headrest adjusts- it probably does, I was obviously having a bit of a blonde moment!! moment! It's a Britax we have too, not sure of the model.
    I wouldn't put him on a booster cushion yet either, especially since he often has to sit in the front. If the headrest doesn't move, I'll get something more suited to his height. I'm on a bit of a car safety buzz this week, as I'm also shopping for a group 1 for my baby!

Does anyone have any experience with the donio radian 5? Tony kealys sell it. I need to buy new car seats. They must have a harness up to 25kg and have a tall seat shell. Maxway/hiway/maxfix are too small shell wise. From my research so far My options are limited :(
    I don't really want to buy a seat that is rearward only as my guy has a tendency to get out of harness :eek: no amount of "anti escape systems" will work :(
    I think I may need to turn him forward facing :(

So I think my options are :
    Donio radian 5 ff and rf
    Britax TWE ff and rf
    Axkid minikid rf
    Britax advansafix ff

The besafe options take up too much space in my car.

He 2 years and 5 months and 18kgs :eek:

Does anyone have any experience with the donio radian 5? Tony kealys sell it. I need to buy new car seats. They must have a harness up to 25kg and have a tall seat shell. Maxway/hiway/maxfix are too small shell wise. From my research so far My options are limited :(
    I don't really want to buy a seat that is rearward only as my guy has a tendency to get out of harness :eek: no amount of "anti escape systems" will work :(
    I think I may need to turn him forward facing :(

So I think my options are :
    Donio radian 5 ff and rf
    Britax TWE ff and rf
    Axkid minikid rf
    Britax advansafix ff

The besafe options take up too much space in my car.

He 2 years and 5 months and 18kgs :eek:

I've just ordered a minikid, and I'm afraid I might regret not ordering something that can also forward face- just in case! There's also an Axkid kidzone, which can rf and ff, and is belted.
    I haven't seen a radian 5, but from a couple of fb groups I follow, the reviews seem to be great- it seems very compact. A few people have successfully put three in a row

I've just ordered a minikid, and I'm afraid I might regret not ordering something that can also forward face- just in case! There's also an Axkid kidzone, which can rf and ff, and is belted.
    I haven't seen a radian 5, but from a couple of fb groups I follow, the reviews seem to be great- it seems very compact. A few people have successfully put three in a row

I rang incarsafetycentre today! They said radian 5 is bulky?? But kealys said you can fit 3 across back???
    Incarsafetycentre were great and said try and keep him rearward if at all possible. They went through the axkid ones but said minikid was tallest and takes up less space.

There is a shop in Waterford that was selling minikid for €310 last week on special and free delivery! How much did u pay? I am still no clearer on what to buy :confused:

Sorry just checked kidzone is says rearward to 25kg, 18kg with harness ff then as a booster 15-25kg with seatbelt. So could I use it ff with harness 18-25kg?

I rang incarsafetycentre today! They said radian 5 is bulky?? But kealys said you can fit 3 across back???
    Incarsafetycentre were great and said try and keep him rearward if at all possible. They went through the axkid ones but said minikid was tallest and takes up less space.

There is a shop in Waterford that was selling minikid for €310 last week on special and free delivery! How much did u pay? I am still no clearer on what to buy :confused:

Actually I just looked again, the kidzone is only 5pt harness til18 kg, then belted. Hakan recommended the minikid for both my child and my car (though I need a new car now, we're all too tall).
    I paid €315 (ish), but that included a wedge to offset my sloped seat, because my seats are a bit sloped. Someone on Facebook organised a bulk buy from Hakan.
    No one seems to have anything bad to say about the radian5, and it folds for storage (I'm such a sucker for a "feature"- I have never needed to fold my car seats!!). Is there a reason you wouldn't buy another TWE?

Actually I just looked again, the kidzone is only 5pt harness til18 kg, then belted. Hakan recommended the minikid for both my child and my car (though I need a new car now, we're all too tall).
    I paid €315 (ish), but that included a wedge to offset my sloped seat, because my seats are a bit sloped. Someone on Facebook organised a bulk buy from Hakan.
    No one seems to have anything bad to say about the radian5, and it folds for storage (I'm such a sucker for a "feature"- I have never needed to fold my car seats!!). Is there a reason you wouldn't buy another TWE?

That's a great price :) I have emailed hakan. Tony kealy's charge €400 for radian but not all staff are trained in it so have to call up on Wednesday.

I probably will buy 1 TWE and a different seat. It's very open if it goes FF. My guy can also get out of the TWE harness easier than max fix2. The pads go down lower so the besafe clip is lower. Incarsafetycentre suggested their chest clip.
    Incarsafetycentre said TWE rearward is safer than advansafix forward. So think I will rule out advansafix.
    I am going to try and keep him rearward for as long as I can.

I may chance my arm and ask Waterford shop for minikid for €310 ;)

That's a great price :) I have emailed hakan. Tony kealy's charge €400 for radian but not all staff are trained in it so have to call up on Wednesday.

I probably will buy 1 TWE and a different seat. It's very open if it goes FF. My guy can also get out of the TWE harness easier than max fix2. The pads go down lower so the besafe clip is lower. Incarsafetycentre suggested their chest clip.
    Incarsafetycentre said TWE rearward is safer than advansafix forward. So think I will rule out advansafix.
    I am going to try and keep him rearward for as long as I can.

I may chance my arm and ask Waterford shop for minikid for €310 ;)

Have you tried a Houdini clip? I've never had the need myself, but apparently they work too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement