Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat Mega Thread! Please post all your car seat questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jlm29 wrote: »
    Have you tried a Houdini clip? I've never had the need myself, but apparently they work too?

No. I didn't want to use anything that could delay getting him out of seat in event of a crash :(
    The besafe one wouldn't delay nor one the waistcoat thing. "Anti escape system".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Millem wrote: »
    No. I didn't want to use anything that could delay getting him out of seat in event of a crash :(
    The besafe one wouldn't delay nor one the waistcoat thing. "Anti escape system".
    I see! Well good luck! If I were you, I probably wouldn't buy a minikid- if you can't solve the arms out issue, you'll be stuck with a seat you can't turn around and still have to go and buy another one again. Hopefully the radian will be an option!
    Or bribery. Could you use bribery to make him keep his arms in?

I see! Well good luck! If I were you, I probably wouldn't buy a minikid- if you can't solve the arms out issue, you'll be stuck with a seat you can't turn around and still have to go and buy another one again. Hopefully the radian will be an option!
    Or bribery. Could you use bribery to make him keep his arms in?

Yes I use bribery!!! We stopped the other day driving from Wexford and bought him buttons! It was our 3rd time stopping!!!! Incarsafetycentre just said rearward is safer etc. he may still try and get out forward. I felt so guilty considering ff!!!
    I will get a clip though to try when ordering from them.

Going to see radian tomorrow. Youtubed it and it looks very very tall!!!
    Hakan suggested "multi tech" as can go forward but think it is sans as the other axkid you suggested where it is rearward 25kg but forward hardness comes out. Which doesn't make sense to me, if harness is grand rearward why isn't it grand forward?

Just to update. Advanafix is too short for him, shop said he would only get 6 months out of it with harness :(

The radian 5 is huge! Takes up a fair amount of space rearward. Much more than twe. Seems very complicated. Will defo get a long time out of it. It is tall and slim.

Max way too short of shell but lovely seat and doesn't take up much space. Again may only get a year out of it or less :(

The search continues.....

Just to update. Advanafix is too short for him, shop said he would only get 6 months out of it with harness :(

The radian 5 is huge! Takes up a fair amount of space rearward. Much more than twe. Seems very complicated. Will defo get a long time out of it. It is tall and slim.

Max way too short of shell but lovely seat and doesn't take up much space. Again may only get a year out of it or less :(

The search continues.....

You should post on the rear facing Facebook group- either someone will have a mini kid that you can have a look at (I'm down the country, so no good to you!), or if there's anything else at all suitable, someone there will have it. Also, the guy who does the check it fits rsa thing, is there too, so often has useful advice!

You should post on the rear facing Facebook group- either someone will have a mini kid that you can have a look at (I'm down the country, so no good to you!), or if there's anything else at all suitable, someone there will have it. Also, the guy who does the check it fits rsa thing, is there too, so often has useful advice!

Kealys told me to do that too! They said either the radian 5 or TWE. They didn't know the minikid! They don't sell TWE either. I swear the radian 5 is complicated. You have to "build" it. I felt the man even struggled with it tbh! I don't have a Facebook :eek: think I need to make one!! Do I use google "rear facing Ireland"?

Kealys told me to do that too! They said either the radian 5 or TWE. They didn't know the minikid! They don't sell TWE either. I swear the radian 5 is complicated. You have to "build" it. I felt the man even struggled with it tbh! I don't have a Facebook :eek: think I need to make one!! Do I use google "rear facing Ireland"?

There's a few pages, one seems to be more active than others: Ireland - rear facing car seats for toddlers and children.
    I think the advantage is that someone like Ron, the check it fits guy, and there's a few others on there who are super-knowledgable aren't trying to sell you something, and they'll have seen every type of seat and every type of car!

There's a few pages, one seems to be more active than others: Ireland - rear facing car seats for toddlers and children.
    I think the advantage is that someone like Ron, the check it fits guy, and there's a few others on there who are super-knowledgable aren't trying to sell you something, and they'll have seen every type of seat and every type of car!

That's great thanks, just looking at more videos online of radian 5. I think incarsafetycentre might sell it to me for €325 (if I get 10% off) whereas its €400 in kealys. Is minikid easy to install?

That's great thanks, just looking at more videos online of radian 5. I think incarsafetycentre might sell it to me for €325 (if I get 10% off) whereas its €400 in kealys. Is minikid easy to install?

Mine hasn't come yet, so I don't know- I also don't need it for a good while, just bought it now to take advantage of the bulk buy, so I think I'll wait until check it fits is in my area to get them to guide me! A friend has it and says it's not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Moonbeam it is getting great reviews. It's just the lack of space left in passenger front side. Tbh I would feel car sick being that close to windscreen!! I asked if it could be moved back like with the TWE. You can position it in at different angles so could have more space in front. He said no not really. He was very nice but I felt myself he struggled with it. He is only one in shop trained in it. They have only sold 6 so far.

I saw a picture on Facebook comparing it with twe and measurements seem to be quite similar?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Our Besafe izi fix is the same in a normal car but I drive a big car so still plenty of room.

Moonbeam it is getting great reviews. It's just the lack of space left in passenger front side. Tbh I would feel car sick being that close to windscreen!! I asked if it could be moved back like with the TWE. You can position it in at different angles so could have more space in front. He said no not really. He was very nice but I felt myself he struggled with it. He is only one in shop trained in it. They have only sold 6 so far.

I saw a picture on Facebook comparing it with twe and measurements seem to be quite similar?

I'm worried about this too- I'm afraid I should have bought a TWE instead of a minikid, as maybe I'd have had more front passenger room with the TWE. I feel I may need to change my car, which really wasn't on my agenda!

I'm worried about this too- I'm afraid I should have bought a TWE instead of a minikid, as maybe I'd have had more front passenger room with the TWE. I feel I may need to change my car, which really wasn't on my agenda!

I thought TWE and minikid take similar amount of space? I am not changing car as only did last year! We may change other car but I would find it hard to move away from a golf! Front passenger room is absolutely grand in TWE even better in max way :) front seat can go back it's just the seat she'll is short :(

I have sent message to Incarsafety in relation to front passenger space in radian 5. If it could be adjusted I would buy it :)

Moonbeam when we were switching from besafe baby seat kealys had said besafe erf are huge! So a no go for us ;)

I thought TWE and minikid take similar amount of space? I am not changing car as only did last year! We may change other car but I would find it hard to move away from a golf! Front passenger room is absolutely grand in TWE even better in max way :) front seat can go back it's just the seat she'll is short :(

I have sent message to Incarsafety in relation to front passenger space in radian 5. If it could be adjusted I would buy it :)

Moonbeam when we were switching from besafe baby seat kealys had said besafe erf are huge! So a no go for us ;)

I changed car last year too, but it was before I was pregnant (and in a rush to get rid of my old one) so what I bought is a bit tight on space now. I don't know re TWE vs minikid, except that the minikid can't rest on the seat in front, so I'd say maybe there might be a bit less room! I'll know tomorrow when the minikid arrives!

• Advertisement

I changed car last year too, but it was before I was pregnant (and in a rush to get rid of my old one) so what I bought is a bit tight on space now. I don't know re TWE vs minikid, except that the minikid can't rest on the seat in front, so I'd say maybe there might be a bit less room! I'll know tomorrow when the minikid arrives!

Brill! The radian 5 must rest against seat like TWE. I would prefer if it didn't rest against seat tbh and had a leg! The max way is such a gorgeous seat :( sooo much space :)

OH said wait to hear from Incarsafety in relation to radian5 as kealys as good as they are....are no comparison knowledge wise to Incarsafety. I only saw today when googling the handle on the baby seat should be left up as it protects in a crash! Never were we told this (bought baby seat with bugaboo) :eek: we always put it back out if the way :( we were just so clueless.

The other thing is if radian5 doesn't meet it the front seat whatever reason you can put a polystyrene block in between apparently. I would put a question mark over that now tbh! It us a huge seat in fairness I doubt it wouldn't touch any seat.
    It's a totally different shape/hugeness to besafe. It is very narrow on the back and tall but bottom (bum) part is long. You can apparently fit 3 across the back of a Passat. 2 rearfacing and 1 in the middle forward facing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone using the Recaro Monza Nova 2 http://en.recaro-cs.com/child-seat/recaro-monza-nova-is (IS version with the bumper),
    thinking of getting one, we have 2 of the Britax Dualfix (one in each car) now we need another seat to swap between cars as the little lad has grown out of his maxi cosy.
    Would love a swivel seat like the dualifix but as it's quite bulky any were only going to get another 18mts out of it there's no point getting another one.

The Joie Trillio Shiled seems to have very good safety reviews http://www.joiebaby.com/product/trillo-shield/ and it's about the same weight as the Recaro

Any thoughts on the 2, or something else I should consider as well?

Brill! The radian 5 must rest against seat like TWE. I would prefer if it didn't rest against seat tbh and had a leg! The max way is such a gorgeous seat :( sooo much space :)

OH said wait to hear from Incarsafety in relation to radian5 as kealys as good as they are....are no comparison knowledge wise to Incarsafety. I only saw today when googling the handle on the baby seat should be left up as it protects in a crash! Never were we told this (bought baby seat with bugaboo) :eek: we always put it back out if the way :( we were just so clueless.

The other thing is if radian5 doesn't meet it the front seat whatever reason you can put a polystyrene block in between apparently. I would put a question mark over that now tbh! It us a huge seat in fairness I doubt it wouldn't touch any seat.
    It's a totally different shape/hugeness to besafe. It is very narrow on the back and tall but bottom (bum) part is long. You can apparently fit 3 across the back of a Passat. 2 rearfacing and 1 in the middle forward facing.

Millem, I got my minikid on Friday. I don't need it for a while yet- I tried to put it in earlier on though, just for a test run (I burnt the dinner in the process). I couldn't get it in quite right, but my 4.5 yr old (who is 98 centile for height and weight), fit in it no bother. Height wise, he'd have a bit to go in it. I forgot to ask him to try get his arms out though.

Millem, I got my minikid on Friday. I don't need it for a while yet- I tried to put it in earlier on though, just for a test run (I burnt the dinner in the process). I couldn't get it in quite right, but my 4.5 yr old (who is 98 centile for height and weight), fit in it no bother. Height wise, he'd have a bit to go in it. I forgot to ask him to try get his arms out though.

That's great. I went through all my emails from hakan etc and apparently it takes up less space than twe. And only has a slightly shorter shell! Incarsafetycentre said radian in too big for cars? But it actually was fitted in my car in kealys!!! I think I will get 1 radian and 1 minikid! Kindseats said they will give me extra tether straps for free. May chance my arm and ask incarsafetycentre to match ;)

That's great. I went through all my emails from hakan etc and apparently it takes up less space than twe. And only has a slightly shorter shell! Incarsafetycentre said radian in too big for cars? But it actually was fitted in my car in kealys!!! I think I will get 1 radian and 1 minikid! Kindseats said they will give me extra tether straps for free. May chance my arm and ask incarsafetycentre to match ;)

Millem, there's another bulk buy being organised on Facebook- I know you said you're not on Facebook, but it might be worth your while joining. The last one was from Hakan, and the discount was 15%

• Advertisement

Millem, there's another bulk buy being organised on Facebook- I know you said you're not on Facebook, but it might be worth your while joining. The last one was from Hakan, and the discount was 15%

Brill thanks a million I will ask my sis to organise it. Can you pm link if possible? Measured my son he is 98cm in height :) need to tell hakan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

When can you take out the newborn head support? My son is 14 weeks, big for his age (75th percentile weight/90+ for length) and he's actually getting too broad around the shoulders (of all places) with the head support in place. I feel like he still needs it for another while but it's making the seat quite uncomfortable for him around the shoulders with it in place. We have the Mothercare seat that came with the Roam (piece of crap) travel system.

When can you take out the newborn head support? My son is 14 weeks, big for his age (75th percentile weight/90+ for length) and he's actually getting too broad around the shoulders (of all places) with the head support in place. I feel like he still needs it for another while but it's making the seat quite uncomfortable for him around the shoulders with it in place. We have the Mothercare seat that came with the Roam (piece of crap) travel system.

I don't know is there a definitive answer (no doubt there is, after me saying that)- I think I googled it a lot and couldn't find one- I just took it out when it got uncomfortable looking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

hi lookign for some advice please. need to buy a non-isofix carseat for my 9 month daughter who is 7kg so im presuming a 0+ and onwards group. can anyone recommend one i was looking at Britix First Class plus as i have a focus and all that entails with no isofix and short seat belts. ive read over 20 pages here and still confused!

damo80 wrote: »
    hi lookign for some advice please. need to buy a non-isofix carseat for my 9 month daughter who is 7kg so im presuming a 0+ and onwards group. can anyone recommend one i was looking at Britix First Class plus as i have a focus and all that entails with no isofix and short seat belts. ive read over 20 pages here and still confused!

If I were buying a seat, I would buy one that would keep her rearward until at least 18kg as its much safer. The first class plus would have to be turned around at 13kg. I have an Axkid minikid for my Ford Focus, though I haven't installed it yet (my baby is a chunk though, and the minikid rear faces until 25kg, which is why I bought it). The Joie stages seems to be a very popular seat, and is currently on sale in smyths. The joie tilt is another that rear faces until 18kg.
    It depends on budget really, because the erf seats can be very expensive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭damo80

thanks for that JLM. yeah i was also looking at the two Joie ones as i would like a recliner. the axkid though is way outta budget but thanks. stages seems to be sold out in smyths

damo80 wrote: »
    thanks for that JLM. yeah i was also looking at the two Joie ones as i would like a recliner. the axkid though is way outta budget but thanks. stages seems to be sold out in smyths

It's sold out online, but still in some stores. I was looking earlier for my sister. Maybe you'll be lucky with your nearest smyths. Tony kealys price match if you have one near you. Though someone said smyths sale is finishing tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Slightly off-topic ... a friend of mine put up a photo of her gorgeous little girl on Facebook. It's like a classic example of how NOT to carseat! Kid is wearing this huuuuge bulky padded jacket, and the straps are adjusted so loosely that they're falling down the sides of her arms.

Say something or not? How would you approach this tactfully without sounding like an interfering busy-body? I know I'd want to be told if it were me ... I don't know the girl all that well, so not sure how she'd take it if I say something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Looking for advice on a follow on car seat. Our little boy is six months and around 9 kg but he looks so uncomfortable in the maxi cosi cabriofix. We've taken out the wedge but he still seems tight for space and cranky !
    Ideally we would like to keep using the same isofix base and upgrade to a bigger rear facing seat that will do for a few years. Can't seem to get an answer as to what what comes next and will fix into same base. Any advice appreciated!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Looking for advice on a follow on car seat. Our little boy is six months and around 9 kg but he looks so uncomfortable in the maxi cosi cabriofix. We've taken out the wedge but he still seems tight for space and cranky !
    Ideally we would like to keep using the same isofix base and upgrade to a bigger rear facing seat that will do for a few years. Can't seem to get an answer as to what what comes next and will fix into same base. Any advice appreciated!

Which base do you have? The maxi cosi seat that goes on the isofix base is the 2 way pearl. I think the only base that's compatible with it is the 2 way fix base. There's a few other different maxi cosi bases that wouldn't fit the 2 way pearl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Slightly off-topic ... a friend of mine put up a photo of her gorgeous little girl on Facebook. It's like a classic example of how NOT to carseat! Kid is wearing this huuuuge bulky padded jacket, and the straps are adjusted so loosely that they're falling down the sides of her arms.

Say something or not? How would you approach this tactfully without sounding like an interfering busy-body? I know I'd want to be told if it were me ... I don't know the girl all that well, so not sure how she'd take it if I say something.

This does my head in have had some battles with mrs monkey about it, think she finally gets it though.
    As for telling someone else there probably just going to get the hump with you, tried telling my sister to dump those booster seats and get something with impact protection and she didn't seem to bothered.
    My sister in law shouldn't be allowed drive kids around she barley tightens the straps and there all twisted around, I'm not saying a word to her but I'd probably would have a go if she said she was taking one of my kids in her car.
    Best say nothing, or just show her a YouTube video of a kid not strapped in properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

At 8 months please try and get something that is rearfacing. The new isize regulations recommend rear facing until at least age 15 months and it is becoming more standard to keep rear facing until age 4/18kg. (In Sweden its often age 6 or 7!).

Depending on which base you have its fairly unlikely to be compatible with the next stage car seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I Persume that you have adjusted the straps , to the highest setting.
    Is his head sticking out the top of the seat? It should be good up to 13kg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

My 17 month old still fits in the maxi cosi baby seat so unlikely that a 6 month is outgrowing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My 17 month old still fits in the maxi cosi baby seat so unlikely that a 6 month is outgrowing it.

In fairness my lad outgrew it on width fairly quickly by around 7 months. He was incredibly uncomfortable even though his head wasn't over the top yet. He has a long and broad body. Car journeys became bliss overnight when we got him into a broader seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Yep its more width ways that he looks tight in it, he's tall and broad too. His head is over that grey head insert and feet are touching the back of the rear seats. I know he still fits but he just looks uncomfortable as hell in it. We do a fair amount of long journeys so want him to be comfortable. I'll check which base it and see, thanks. I'll be getting rear facing going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Check your base. If it says two way family fix on the side then you will have to buy the maxicosi pebble plus. This is rearward facing and then can be changed forward facing when older. If it is the older family base then you will need to buy the ordinary pebble. This seat is only forward facing, doesn't have rearward option.
    We have the maxicosi pebble plus in use at the minute only because it saved on the hassle of moving the car seat from car to car. Little man is still in maxicosi pearl baby seat in my car and rear facing in the pebble plus in husband's car.
    Lots of ordinary pebble seats on donedeal but you might like to buy new. You could also think of the new rear facing axissfix seat. It spins out towards you for ease of putting child in seat, saves your back. They are very prices though and means that your base is no longer used which is a bit of a waste.

I found this very helpful. It's a list of a lot of ERF seats and the space required
    http://www.securatot.co.uk/choosing-the-right-seat

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭janus83

we are in same position, our little fella is 6 months and looks wedged in at the hips and he gets so contrary in recent weeks when I put him in it, I know we should get a lot longer out of the car seat but he seems really uncomfortable and is all sweaty even on short journeys/cool days in it. My back is still quite sore after the birth so I'm looking at some of the swivel ones to make it easier liftign him in and out, they are so expensive though and very little choice. Anyone have any reviews or feedback on the new Axissfix Maxicosi or the Joie 360 please?
    Also shoudl we be looking to get a isize compatible chair or since it's probably group 0+/1 we are getting now will be grand with an ERF non isize compatible one?thanks so much, I've been trying to research for a couple of hours tonight and other days talking ot people but there are so many brands etc I find it bamboozling!
    any comments on the all in one combos like Graco Milestone or Joie Every stages either? I know they don't swivel but seem quite good from reviews I've read online, I'm not sure if something is compromised htough when you get one that covers so many stages in one item!

• Advertisement

janus83 wrote: »
    we are in same position, our little fella is 6 months and looks wedged in at the hips and he gets so contrary in recent weeks when I put him in it, I know we should get a lot longer out of the car seat but he seems really uncomfortable and is all sweaty even on short journeys/cool days in it. My back is still quite sore after the birth so I'm looking at some of the swivel ones to make it easier liftign him in and out, they are so expensive though and very little choice. Anyone have any reviews or feedback on the new Axissfix Maxicosi or the Joie 360 please?
    Also shoudl we be looking to get a isize compatible chair or since it's probably group 0+/1 we are getting now will be grand with an ERF non isize compatible one?thanks so much, I've been trying to research for a couple of hours tonight and other days talking ot people but there are so many brands etc I find it bamboozling!
    any comments on the all in one combos like Graco Milestone or Joie Every stages either? I know they don't swivel but seem quite good from reviews I've read online, I'm not sure if something is compromised htough when you get one that covers so many stages in one item!

The axis fix isn't actually erf. I can't remember the weight limit, but it's not 18kg. I think til age 2 is as much as you can expect to get out of it.
    I don't know anything about the joie spin. I've a feeling the graco might not rear face for that long either, but I stand to be corrected on that.

Check if your car seats are sloped too- sometimes the isofix seats don't suit cars with sloped seats, because the head flops a bit too much.
    The other thing to bear in mind is your child's height/ weight- if you've a long or heavy baby, a seat with a 25kg limit might be better from a longevity point of view!
    I'd imagine the swivel would be handy, but everyone does say that it's far easier to get baby into a rear facing seat because the door isn't in the way.

The axis fix isn't actually erf. I can't remember the weight limit, but it's not 18kg. I think til age 2 is as much as you can expect to get out of it.
    I don't know anything about the joie spin. I've a feeling the graco might not rear face for that long either, but I stand to be corrected on that.

Check if your car seats are sloped too- sometimes the isofix seats don't suit cars with sloped seats, because the head flops a bit too much.
    The other thing to bear in mind is your child's height/ weight- if you've a long or heavy baby, a seat with a 25kg limit might be better from a longevity point of view!
    I'd imagine the swivel would be handy, but everyone does say that it's far easier to get baby into a rear facing seat because the door isn't in the way.

Good point on the weight piece, I must bear that in mind when choosing considering his current weight. Also I'll be looking at my car for sloping seats too, never thought of that. Thanks

thanks for pointing out taht axissfix isn't ERF, I'd thought it was as some shops have it in the ERF section of website and Mothercare in Newbridge ysterday told me it is, though I can see from the specs that it isn't. Annoying to get misleading "expert" advice! Though they did a great job of talking me through it. Any opinions on Joie Spin 360 ?

janus83 wrote: »
    thanks for pointing out taht axissfix isn't ERF, I'd thought it was as some shops have it in the ERF section of website and Mothercare in Newbridge ysterday told me it is, though I can see from the specs that it isn't. Annoying to get misleading "expert" advice! Though they did a great job of talking me through it. Any opinions on Joie Spin 360 ?

I know- I was considering the axisfix too- the websites are very misleading! I don't know anyone with the spin 360, it's so new that there's probably not many around at all!

What about the britax dualfix?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Anyone tried out the Kiddy Guardianfix pro2 isofix seat lately? Just wondering what you think of it? I believe because of the impact shield it is supposed to be as safe as rear facing seat and I believe Kiddy say they actually outperform ERF seats in independent testing. It is also one of the only few seats approved for use in an aircraft (but it is 1 cm wider than Ryanair armrests).

I have the Britax Two way elite for my oldest but I don’t really like it so I am reluctant to get a second one for my 18 month old. I find the TWE moves very easy and because of the short sides she doesn’t sleep well in it. Also because of the tether straps it makes it difficult for family and childminder to use.

I would love to know how big the Kiddy seat is compared to the TWE as I have a small car. I don’t know where stock it so haven’t seen the seat in person.

Was also reading good and bad things about the concord reversio plus. One big plus being that it is isofix ERF.

• Advertisement

Weyhey wrote: »
    Anyone tried out the Kiddy Guardianfix pro2 isofix seat lately? Just wondering what you think of it? I believe because of the impact shield it is supposed to be as safe as rear facing seat and I believe Kiddy say they actually outperform ERF seats in independent testing. It is also one of the only few seats approved for use in an aircraft (but it is 1 cm wider than Ryanair armrests).

I have the Britax Two way elite for my oldest but I don’t really like it so I am reluctant to get a second one for my 18 month old. I find the TWE moves very easy and because of the short sides she doesn’t sleep well in it. Also because of the tether straps it makes it difficult for family and childminder to use.

I would love to know how big the Kiddy seat is compared to the TWE as I have a small car. I don’t know where stock it so haven’t seen the seat in person.

Was also reading good and bad things about the concord reversio plus. One big plus being that it is isofix ERF.

If your baby is tall, the concord probably isn't a great option! That's my only input on those two seats!

I have the Britax Two way elite for my oldest but I don t really like it so I am reluctant to get a second one for my 18 month old. I find the TWE moves very easy and because of the short sides she doesn t sleep well in it. Also because of the tether straps it makes it difficult for family and childminder to use.

I would love to know how big the Kiddy seat is compared to the TWE as I have a small car. I don t know where stock it so haven t seen the seat in person.

I still haven't bought another seat yet. I like you don't want to get another TWE as it has to lean up against seat and in a vw golf sv the passenger seat needs to go right back and twe needs to be really really really reclined to meet the seat.

I have flown with ryanair and just check in my twe or max fix on the plane.

If your child is heavy for their age I wouldn't get a kiddy as the shield is taken away at 18kg. The twe is harnessed up to 25kg.

I have watched loads of crash test videos on car seats (not kiddy) and in an erf car seat the child's neck barely moves whereas FF their neck goes forward.

I am going to look at the concord one myself as higher weight limit but as JLM said it really only goes to 104cm which is average 4 year old. Euro babies have it! I need one for my OH/MIL and tbh neither can get their heads around tether straps. OH much prefers isofix.

Just to add there is very little movement on my twe when installed. There is much more movement on my isofix erf seat :)

I still haven't bought another seat yet. I like you don't want to get another TWE as it has to lean up against seat and in a vw golf sv the passenger seat needs to go right back and twe needs to be really really really reclined to meet the seat.

I have flown with ryanair and just check in my twe or max fix on the plane.

If your child is heavy for their age I wouldn't get a kiddy as the shield is taken away at 18kg. The twe is harnessed up to 25kg.

I have watched loads of crash test videos on car seats (not kiddy) and in an erf car seat the child's neck barely moves whereas FF their neck goes forward.

I am going to look at the concord one myself as higher weight limit but as JLM said it really only goes to 104cm which is average 4 year old. Euro babies have it! I need one for my OH/MIL and tbh neither can get their heads around tether straps. OH much prefers isofix.

Just to add there is very little movement on my twe when installed. There is much more movement on my isofix erf seat :)

Bella baby has it on their website too- might be in their shops if that's any handier!

I have 2 Kiddy Guardian Fix Pros in my car ,My 5 year old and 2 year old have them .I only removed the bumper for the 5 year old a few months ago and baby loves her bumper .
    They are quite small at the base but the upper sides are a bit bulky .

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

I'm starting to research group 1-3 seats but I feel like I'm in way over my head with all the available options and a lot of the brand names are unfamiliar. I managed to navigate the group 0 seats and got a good Chicco one.

So I'd appreciate advice on group 1-3 seats. What features should I be looking for? What should I avoid? How advantageous is an isofix seat? My boy is very long, so are there seats made for taller children or are they all standardized? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Advertisement
Advertisement