Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Seat Mega Thread! Please post all your car seat questions here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

I'm starting to research group 1-3 seats but I feel like I'm in way over my head with all the available options and a lot of the brand names are unfamiliar. I managed to navigate the group 0 seats and got a good Chicco one.

So I'd appreciate advice on group 1-3 seats. What features should I be looking for? What should I avoid? How advantageous is an isofix seat? My boy is very long, so are there seats made for taller children or are they all standardized? Thanks in advance for any help.

I was just going to post the same question, have been looking at a few but have no idea where to start regarding extended rear facing or forward facing, any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I suppose consider first if you want to rear face or forward face. Once I was made aware of how much safer rear facing is, I couldn't ignore the statistics (500% safer!!). Then think about your budget, and the height and weight of your child. Also consider if you want to use isofix or belt installation (there's no difference safety wise with one over the other, so long as the belted seat is installed correctly. The problem is that they often aren't, and isofix is a bit more fool proof, which may be useful if you need to move the seat around!
    Some seats are suitable to rear face with a 5 price harness until your child is 25kg, which I think is the average 5-6yr old. The majority of erf seats will rear face until 18kg, and can then be turned. If your child is at the higher end of the growth charts, they could well be 18kg long before they hit 4yo!
    The last thing you need to consider is your car! Some cars have quite sloped seats (mine does, it's a Ford Focus), and some isofix seats might not suit them too well, because you can't alter the slope of the seat, and the baby's head might fall forward when sleeping- not a major problem, but it looks uncomfortable!
    Erf seats also tend to take up a bit more space than forward facing, which can compromise front leg room!

I have an Axkid minikid for my baby. Its a 25kg seat, with one of the tallest seat shells. It's also one of the more compact erf seats, apparently! There's very poor leg room in the focus though! It's a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Petal765

jlm29 wrote: »
    I suppose consider first if you want to rear face or forward face. Once I was made aware of how much safer rear facing is, I couldn't ignore the statistics (500% safer!!). Then think about your budget, and the height and weight of your child. Also consider if you want to use isofix or belt installation (there's no difference safety wise with one over the other, so long as the belted seat is installed correctly. The problem is that they often aren't, and isofix is a bit more fool proof, which may be useful if you need to move the seat around!
    Some seats are suitable to rear face with a 5 price harness until your child is 25kg, which I think is the average 5-6yr old. The majority of erf seats will rear face until 18kg, and can then be turned. If your child is at the higher end of the growth charts, they could well be 18kg long before they hit 4yo!
    The last thing you need to consider is your car! Some cars have quite sloped seats (mine does, it's a Ford Focus), and some isofix seats might not suit them too well, because you can't alter the slope of the seat, and the baby's head might fall forward when sleeping- not a major problem, but it looks uncomfortable!
    Erf seats also tend to take up a bit more space than forward facing, which can compromise front leg room!

I have an Axkid minikid for my baby. Its a 25kg seat, with one of the tallest seat shells. It's also one of the more compact erf seats, apparently! There's very poor leg room in the focus though! It's a disaster!

After reading about erf being safer I would prefer to get one of those and an isofix also, the seats in the car aren't really sloped so that shouldn't be a problem, something I never thought about though! Was thinking maybe the Joie 360, britax dualfix or nuna rebl however they are all fairly expensive, don't know if I am better off getting a cheaper one? Too many choices tbh!

Petal765 wrote: »
    After reading about erf being safer I would prefer to get one of those and an isofix also, the seats in the car aren't really sloped so that shouldn't be a problem, something I never thought about though! Was thinking maybe the Joie 360, britax dualfix or nuna rebl however they are all fairly expensive, don't know if I am better off getting a cheaper one? Too many choices tbh!

I've no experience of any of them, but bear in mind the swivel, although it might be a nice feature isn't totally necessary. Rf seats tend to be easier to get babies in and out of anyhow, and as they get older they'll climb themselves, so I wouldn't pay a lot extra just for a swivel seat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Looking for tall but skinny kid car seat recommendations. My son is only 5 months but I'm already starting to plan his next one because with him being off the charts long (he's over the 99.6th percentile curve on the growth charts in his red book but holding 50th percentile for weight) he'll most likely outgrow his infant seat early.

Looking for tall but skinny kid car seat recommendations. My son is only 5 months but I'm already starting to plan his next one because with him being off the charts long (he's over the 99.6th percentile curve on the growth charts in his red book but holding 50th percentile for weight) he'll most likely outgrow his infant seat early.

Axkid minikid and the britax two way elite have very long seat shells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

...and on the subject of outgrowing his infant seat early, it's getting very difficult to get his shoulders in and out and he's screaming on any journey longer than 30 minutes. 6 months on Wednesday. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a group 0+/1 ERF seat in the next few weeks because we have to drive 6 hours to Holyhead when we're coming home for Christmas and it's absolutely impossible the way things are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

...and on the subject of outgrowing his infant seat early, it's getting very difficult to get his shoulders in and out and he's screaming on any journey longer than 30 minutes. 6 months on Wednesday. I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a group 0+/1 ERF seat in the next few weeks because we have to drive 6 hours to Holyhead when we're coming home for Christmas and it's absolutely impossible the way things are now.

While they are safest in the baby seat for as long as possible, if he's that uncomfortable it's not feasible so I would change too. Most of the next stage ERF are fine from 6 months. Certain ones are sold as suitable from newborn but I know Tony Kealys will only sell from 6 months. I highly recommend contacting either In Car Safety or carseat.se with details about your car and baby and they can recommend a seat for your circumstances.

While they are safest in the baby seat for as long as possible, if he's that uncomfortable it's not feasible so I would change too. Most of the next stage ERF are fine from 6 months. Certain ones are sold as suitable from newborn but I know Tony Kealys will only sell from 6 months. I highly recommend contacting either In Car Safety or carseat.se with details about your car and baby and they can recommend a seat for your circumstances.

If he's that upset, it would probably be happier for everyone if he was in something else! My lb way prefers his erf seat to his infant carrier. I only put it in when he was 9mo to check how much space it would take up, but he was so much happier looking I left it there. Try to get an erf with a good long seat shell though, to avoid having to buy another too soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Rainbow My guy outgrew his infant seat at around that time. I bought a max fix2 and a twe. The max fix2 is better for that age as more enclosed and smaller shell. It is still a big enough shell but noT as long as twe or minikid. It only goes up to 18kg because of isofix but the max way is the same seat but with seatbelt and goes up to 25kg. I love the max way fab seat. I would say my tall boy would get to a good 4 in maxfix2 if he was a normal weight! I had to buy a twe because of underfloor storage :( otherwise I would if bought a max way for minikid probably a maxway as it takes up less space :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭obi604

Hi,

My son will soon be 3 and is tall for his age. The car seat he is in now is a group 1.

http://www.britaxemea.com/car-seats/duo-plus/

He is about 16.4 kg now and his eyes are above top level of car seat. So he needs to go in to next size car seat.

Thing is, even though he does qualify for a seat belt only seat, I feel he is nearly too young for this. I'd prefer him in a harness type for a bit longer.

Can anyone recommend a car seat that would suit won't break the bank and that is safe and will last a while. (I'm not asking for much am I !! ; ))

Kind of a tricky one as he is too big for group 1 and too immature for Group 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

obi604 wrote: »
    Hi,

My son will soon be 3 and is tall for his age. The car seat he is in now is a group 1.

He is about 16.4 kg now and his eyes are above top level of car seat. So he needs to go in to next size car seat.

Thing is, even though he does qualify for a seat belt only seat, I feel he is nearly too young for this. I'd prefer him in a harness type for a bit longer.

Can anyone recommend a car seat that would suit won't break the bank and that is safe and will last a while. (I'm not asking for much am I !! ; ))

I've been looking for a seat for my three year old lately and discovered there are some seats that have a harness which is ok up to 25kg. The one I was looking at was Britax Advansfix. It is expensive though but there are definitely other ones out there too (I'm also looking for it to be narrow to fit beside two other seats so a bit more restricted). Before now I didn't realize there were extended harness seats so maybe that helps!

Hi,

The only seats I have come across that have a 5 point harness FF up to 25kg are Two way elite, advansafix, casual play kangur, casual play beat fix (isofix), casual play beat s, dino radian5.

There are a good few erf ones if you want to keep him rearward. If any of the above are too expensive you could try amazon.es you can get one for around "autokit 99-BD001" 90euros.

Millem wrote: »
    The only seats I have come across that have a 5 point harness FF up to 25kg are Two way elite, advansafix, casual play kangur, casual play beat fix (isofix), casual play beat s, dino radian5.

There are a good few erf ones if you want to keep him rearward. If any of the above are too expensive you could try amazon.es you can get one for around "autokit 99-BD001" 90euros.

Thank you. Oh yeah, sorry, meant to say I would like an isofix one if possible.

Thank you. Oh yeah, sorry, meant to say I would like an isofix one if possible.

Ok. Now the only isofix one I have seen in the flesh are the advansafix (it uses seatbelt, isofix and top tether all together). It is good value as goes into a HBB afterwards. I have been told though that a child will not last 25kg in harness as they will outgrow it in height first. It is a lovely seat.

They used to sell casual play kangur in mothercare and smyths. They have it on amazon for 112euro if you sign up for free trial of amazon prime and put in promo code "BABYGC16". There may be someone on here that has this seat?

The beat fix is new version of this seat. It uses top tether and isofix. Casual play is apparently made by silvercross and very popular in Europe. I saw casual play everywhere in Spain!

Ok. Now the only isofix one I have seen in the flesh are the advansafix (it uses seatbelt, isofix and top tether all together). It is good value as goes into a HBB afterwards. I have been told though that a child will not last 25kg in harness as they will outgrow it in height first. It is a lovely seat.

They used to sell casual play kangur in mothercare and smyths. They have it on amazon for 112euro if you sign up for free trial of amazon prime and put in promo code "BABYGC16". There may be someone on here that has this seat?

The beat fix is new version of this seat. It uses top tether and isofix. Casual play is apparently made by silvercross and very popular in Europe. I saw casual play everywhere in Spain!

Thank you. The names you are supplying - are they the model or the brand name or both. A quick search in Amazon isn't really retiring much results for the things you suggested.

Thank you. The names you are supplying - are they the model or the brand name or both. A quick search in Amazon isn't really retiring much results for the things you suggested.

Britax advansafix

Casualplay kangur
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008OQTVTS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Casualplay Beatfix or it could be "beat fix"
    https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B008FX8KZG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1474924430&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=beat+fix+casualplay&dpPl=1&dpID=41H0Kc5mb+L&ref=plSrch

Price toysrus for advansafix and look for promocode. The seat is around 250sterling. Sometimes they have 20% off codes.

Britax advansafix

Casualplay kangur
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008OQTVTS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Price toysrus for advansafix and look for promocode. The seat is around 250sterling. Sometimes they have 20% off codes.

Thx.

In regard to advancafix, seems it uses isofix, seat belt AND tether point when child is in the harness (up to 25kg). They then move to seat belt to secure the child. Is the tether needed when child is using seat belt only ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Austin1

Have had a Casual Play rear facing seat for my little fella for the past 2 years and I would not buy them again. Straps are very fiddly and difficult to tighten in comparison with my partners Joie which seems much easier to use.

• Advertisement

Thx.

In regard to advancafix, seems it uses isofix, seat belt AND tether point when child is in the harness (up to 25kg). They then move to seat belt to secure the child. Is the tether needed when child is using seat belt ?

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/babiesrus/britax-advansafix-ii-car-seat-in-cosmos-black/TRUP2308150001

Yes you need to use all 3 for advansafix when in a harness. Then it uses isofix and top tether when turned into HBB and seat belt goes across the child.

Look in your boot for tether hooks. Mine are behind passenger seat but my car is a 152 my OH car have them directly across from seats low down. They have a little symbol beside them. Don't confuse them with "luggage hooks" they look similar but don't have tether symbol and would snap in event of cash as can only hold small weight.

Top tether reduces how much a child would go forward in a crash. Apparently by 6inches. Advansafix is good value considering it turns into a HBB. It also looks like it has good side impact protection. I would buy this seat myself if my son was FF.

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/babiesrus/britax-advansafix-ii-car-seat-in-cosmos-black/TRUP2308150001

Yes you need to use all 3 for advansafix when in a harness. Then it uses isofix and top tether when turned into HBB and seat belt goes across the child.

Look in your boot fit tether hooks. Mine are behind passenger seat but my car is a 152 my OH car have them directly across from seats low down. They have a little symbol beside them. Don't confuse them with "luggage hooks" they look similar but don't have tether symbol and would snap in event of cash as can only hold small weight.

Thx

I see phrases like "top" tether. Do these type seats only use a top tether. Or can they use any tether - bottom tether (if such a thing)

Thx

I see phrases like "top" tether. Do these type seats only use a top tether. Or can they use any tether - bottom tether (if such a thing)

I am not an expert on tethers! But I think bottom tether straps are the things I have for my erf seat. You wrap them on front seat and attach bottom of child seat.

The top tether is a strap that is attached to top back of child seat and has a hook. You throw it over back seat of car into your boot and hook it onto the achor hook and pull it tight. My OH has a 06 golf and it has tether points so I think it is in most cars. If you don't have them I bet they are very cheap to get put in by a dealer garage. My friend got isofix into her peugot for €60 recently.

I am not an expert on tethers! But I think bottom tether straps are the things I have for my erf seat. You wrap them on front seat and attach bottom of child seat.

The top tether is a strap that is attached to top back of child seat and has a hook. You throw it over back seat of car into your boot and hook it onto the achor hook and pull it tight. My OH has a 06 golf and it has tether points so I think it is in most cars. If you don't have them I bet they are very cheap to get put in by a dealer garage. My friend got isofix into her peugot for €60 recently.

You are more of an expert than me on all things car seats ; )

Just spotted this one, does not look bad at all :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CZA792U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_85y6xbRTZZXXN

Britax advansafix

Casualplay kangur

https://www.amazon.es/gp/aw/d/B008FX8KZG/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1474924430&sr=8-2&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=beat+fix+casualplay&dpPl=1&dpID=41H0Kc5mb%2BL&ref=plSrch

Where or how do you get these toys r us promo codes ?

You are more of an expert than me on all things car seats ; )

Just spotted this one, does not look bad at all :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CZA792U/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_85y6xbRTZZXXN

The harness only goes to 18kg.
    There are a lot of seats like that :(

Just google "promo codes babies r us". Also price halfords and google promo codes. Incarsafetycentre used to sell it for 210pounds :(

• Advertisement

Just google "promo codes babies r us". Also price halfords and google promo codes. Incarsafetycentre used to sell it for 210pounds :(

Oh thanks. So this britax advancafix seems to be one of the very few car seats that has a harness up to 25kg - which is why it's a bit dear.

Oh thanks. So this britax advancafix seems to be one of the very few car seats that has a harness up to 25kg - which is why it's a bit dear.

Well all of the car seats I listed have harness up to 25kg. Advansafix converts to a HBB after 25kg. It will last up to 36kg. So good value for money :)

Well all of the car seats I listed have harness up to 25kg. Advansafix converts to a HBB after 25kg. It will last up to 36kg. So good value for money :)

Thank you again.

I know you said you are not an expert on tethers etc.........but do you have an idea if cars from a certain age (2010 onwards etc) should have these tether points ?

I tried a google but no luck with answer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it depends on the car I drive a 07 Ford Galaxy and it does but the it is a cr designed to have kids in it.
    You will see them in the car.

Thank you again.

I know you said you are not an expert on tethers etc.........but do you have an idea if cars from a certain age (2010 onwards etc) should have these tether points ?

I tried a google but no luck with answer.

My oh has an 06 golf and it has them. Look in the boot or look in the car manual.

• Advertisement

Look in your boot for tether hooks. Mine are behind passenger seat but my car is a 152 my OH car have them directly across from seats low down. They have a little symbol beside them. Don't confuse them with "luggage hooks" they look similar but don't have tether symbol and would snap in event of cash as can only hold small weight.

Top tether reduces how much a child would go forward in a crash. Apparently by 6inches. Advansafix is good value considering it turns into a HBB. It also looks like it has good side impact protection. I would buy this seat myself if my son was FF.

The girl in the shop whom I asked about this and who in fairness seemed fairly on the ball said:

1. When child is using the 5 point harness to secure them, the seat needs to be secured by isofix, seat belt and the tether.

2. When child is using seat belt to secure them, the seat only needs to be secured via the isofix......no tether needed.

So I'm unsure on point 2 about this bloody tether.

The girl in the shop whom I asked about this and who in fairness seemed fairly on the ball said:

1. When child is using the 5 point harness to secure them, the seat needs to be secured by isofix, seat belt and the tether.

2. When child is using seat belt to secure them, the seat only needs to be secured via the isofix......no tether needed.

So I'm unsure on point 2 about this bloody tether.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k35pyPh0780 installation as a HBB is near the end of the video. It shows it using isofix and top tether.

I spent an awful lot of time researching car seats during the summer. I found the majority of the shops here dreadful :mad:
    Incarsafetycentre sell it, ring them and ask.

Tbh I think it is a non issue though as the whole benefit of this seat is that child stays harnessed for longer 25kg. If you want to use it as a HBB only there are loads and loads to choose from for a fraction of the price.

I think 3 is too young for a HBB myself even though they have reached minimum weight ;)

Hi all.

Any thoughts on the below car seat. Specifically in regard to the ISO "latch"

http://www.mothercare.ie/car-seats-carriers/car-seats/highback-boosters-without-harness-group-2-3/graco-affix-isolatch-car-sear-group-2-3.html

Also - are arm rests a good or a bad thing ? I see the more expensive group 2/3 car seats tend to have no arm rests.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

Hi all.

Any thoughts on the below car seat. Specifically in regard to the ISO "latch"

http://www.mothercare.ie/car-seats-carriers/car-seats/highback-boosters-without-harness-group-2-3/graco-affix-isolatch-car-sear-group-2-3.html

Also - are arm rests a good or a bad thing ? I see the more expensive group 2/3 car seats tend to have no arm rests.
    You have gotten loads of suggestions on the safest options for your child so I don't know why you are wasting people's time linking random seats. This is for 4 years + so so not suitable.

You have gotten loads of suggestions on the safest options for your child so I don't know why you are wasting people's time linking random seats. This is for 4 years + so so not suitable.

Well I haven't bought one yet so still deciding, sorry for not making a quick decision, it's only my child's safety :rolleyes:

Why is it "so so" not suitable ?? It's not based on age...... age is just used as a high level guide. It is based on weight and height, basic oversight by you.

Well I haven't bought one yet so still deciding, sorry for not making a quick decision, it's only my child's safety :rolleyes:

Why is it "so so" not suitable ?? It's not based on age...... age is just used as a high level guide. It is based on weight and height, basic oversight by you.

I thought you said in your original query that your child is 2? That seat is suitable for age 4-12, so most would view it as very unsuitable. In general for car seats, the most important features are height and weight, but i don't think anyone should trust a 2-3 yo to sit on a seat with a seat belt on. You're better off getting a seat with a five point harness,

I thought you said in your original query that your child is 2? That seat is suitable for age 4-12, so most would view it as very unsuitable. In general for car seats, the most important features are height and weight, but i don't think anyone should trust a 2-3 yo to sit on a seat with a seat belt on. You're better off getting a seat with a five point harness,

Yeah, I did say my child is 2. To be exact: 2 years and 10 months.

The chair he is in now is a group 1 which is ideally meant from 9 months to 4 years.

He was measured and weighed and tested in his current seat but he is too heavy and too tall for it, even though it should last him until he is 4 years old.

So I have to move him to a group 2 size seat now.

I would get a harness, but my car does not have a tether point, so that rules that out.

Yeah, I did say my child is 2. To be exact: 2 years and 10 months.

The chair he is in now is a group 1 which is ideally meant from 9 months to 4 years.

He was measured and weighed and tested in his current seat but he is too heavy and too tall for it, even though it should last him until he is 4 years old.

So I have to move him to a group 2 size seat now.

I would get a harness, but my car does not have a tether point, so that rules that out.

I don't think the two way elite has a tether, though I stand to be corrected. You should contact incarsafety in Belfast for more info. They're very helpful.
    To be honest, in your situation id be more inclined to buy a 25kg rear facing seat rather than a Hbb with a seatbelt

I don't think the two way elite has a tether, though I stand to be corrected. You should contact incarsafety in Belfast for more info. They're very helpful.
    To be honest, in your situation id be more inclined to buy a 25kg rear facing seat rather than a Hbb with a seatbelt

mmm, thanks. thing is the rear facing ones are damn saucy in price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Rear facing are considerably safer than front facing.

• Advertisement

I have a TWE. It doesn't use a top tether. I use it rearward facing.

I have a TWE. It doesn't use a top tether. I use it rearward facing.

hi, whats TWE

hi, whats TWE

A britax two way elite, which can be used rear or forward facing. It's harnessed to 25kg

This may seem like a silly question. But in a group 2/3 seat forward facing isofix car seat, what does the isofix actually do, from talking to people, it seems that it's more to do with the child being out of the seat. I.e. When the seat is empty, stops it from being a missile in a crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭sillysocks

This may seem like a silly question. But in a group 2/3 seat forward facing isofix car seat, what does the isofix actually do, from talking to people, it seems that it's more to do with the child being out of the seat. I.e. When the seat is empty, stops it from being a missile in a crash.

Yeah I think that's it..... with normal high back boosters officially you're meant to put the seatbelt clicked in around it even when there's no child in the car, and that makes sense but in reality I don't know anyone that actually does it!

Something I don't get is this.

In regard to this seat for example, the B|ritax Evolva

http://www.mothercare.ie/britax-evolva-1-2-3-high-back-booster-car-seat-with-harness-black.html

In 5 point harness mode, it just needs the seatbelt to secure the seat.

But then in regard to the britax advancafix

http://www.mothercare.ie/britax-advansafix-ii-sict-highback-booster-car-seat-cosmos-black.html

In 5 point harness mode, it needs seatbelt AND isofix AND tether to secure the seat.

Does this just mean that the evolva seat is not that safe at all.

Something I don't get is this.

In regard to this seat for example, the B|ritax Evolva

http://www.mothercare.ie/britax-evolva-1-2-3-high-back-booster-car-seat-with-harness-black.html

In 5 point harness mode, it just needs the seatbelt to secure the seat.

But then in regard to the britax advancafix

http://www.mothercare.ie/britax-advansafix-ii-sict-highback-booster-car-seat-cosmos-black.html

In 5 point harness mode, it needs seatbelt AND isofix AND tether to secure the seat.

Does this just mean that the evolva seat is not that safe at all.

Evolva harness only goes to 18kg.
    Advansafix harness goes to 25kg.

Advansafix safer than evolve as child will move forward less in a crash because of top tether. Isofix easy to install green=correct. Seatbelt+tether+isofix means less movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

Hi Guys,

looking at doing a bout of car seat shopping this weekend as my 9MO is starting to get a bit too big for his pebble. where is the best bricks and mortar shop (preferably around Dublin) to go and see some seats. Is it worth the trip to Belfast to go to the incarsafety center?

Ideally i want to keep him in a rear facing seat for at least another couple of years. I really want to take a look at the Recaro Zero1 but i cant find an Irish stockiest.. :(

Hi Guys,

looking at doing a bout of car seat shopping this weekend as my 9MO is starting to get a bit too big for his pebble. where is the best bricks and mortar shop (preferably around Dublin) to go and see some seats. Is it worth the trip to Belfast to go to the incarsafety center?

Ideally i want to keep him in a rear facing seat for at least another couple of years. I really want to take a look at the Recaro Zero1 but i cant find an Irish stockiest.. :(

Tony kealys are always great, but if you haven't too long a trip, with sterling as it is, a trip to Belfast could well be worth your while. Of course you can always look around Dublin, see what you want, and then order online from Belfast. I've heard Simon in in car safety Is fantastic, but you need to book an appointment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭The_Pete_Fella

Tony kealys are always great, but if you haven't too long a trip, with sterling as it is, a trip to Belfast could well be worth your while. Of course you can always look around Dublin, see what you want, and then order online from Belfast. I've heard Simon in in car safety Is fantastic, but you need to book an appointment

I've been onto him today alright and they have the Recaro zero1 on display only problem is his next available weekend appointment is the 5th of Nov..
    from looking at there FB page etc, they amount of models they have on display is unrivaled from my previous experience any where else in the country.

Advertisement