Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was mis-sold broadband and phone package by eircom

Options
  • 14-09-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

I moved from a very good Vodafone broadband and home phone package to an Eircom broadband and home phone package a few months ago. The package I moved to was more expensive in all areas than the Vodafone one but I was told I would receive the full 3Mbps all the time i.e. non-congested broadband which was the decider for me to move.

As it turns out, I am not getting the full 3Mbps due to congestion and my bills are nearly a 3rd more expensive since the move.

I called Eircom 3 times (last one was in June I believe) and each time they said they would review the initial sales call which they said would have been taped and then get back to me. At no time since then have I been called back which tells me that they knew what they were doing when they mis-sold me the package.

I let this lie for a few months due to a personal situation but now want something to be done about it. I'm not going to waste my time calling again as they have shown total disrespect and lack of professionalism by not returning my calls, so decided to go here instead.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If they rang you and offered you the deal then there _should_ be a recording of that call. Once you ask for a copy of the contract recording things will get sorted out fairly quick. :)

I take it you are on a rural/village exchange , around 500 of them have no 'uncongested' NGN nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 markpokane

Will do Sponge Bob and yes I'm in the sticks and probably connected to a non-NGN exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

markpokane wrote: »
    I moved from a very good Vodafone broadband and home phone package to an Eircom broadband and home phone package a few months ago. The package I moved to was more expensive in all areas than the Vodafone one but I was told I would receive the full 3Mbps all the time i.e. non-congested broadband which was the decider for me to move.

As it turns out, I am not getting the full 3Mbps due to congestion and my bills are nearly a 3rd more expensive since the move.

I called Eircom 3 times (last one was in June I believe) and each time they said they would review the initial sales call which they said would have been taped and then get back to me. At no time since then have I been called back which tells me that they knew what they were doing when they mis-sold me the package.

I let this lie for a few months due to a personal situation but now want something to be done about it. I'm not going to waste my time calling again as they have shown total disrespect and lack of professionalism by not returning my calls, so decided to go here instead.

Anyone else had the same issue?

Hi markpokane

Can you PM me with your telephone/account number and I can have a look into this for you?

Thanks
    Linda

(logged in as Ant)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 markpokane

Thanks for your help Linda but this does not solve my issue. Please organise to have a manager call me about this. I am still very annoyed about what was mis-sold to me, the resulting ignorance and lack of professionalism shown by the Eircom support team (outside of yourself) by not calling me back and how badly handled this has been from start to finish.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Veryhappy h

Had similar issue with eircom. The snag is that they advertise with the terms "up to" 3mgbs or 8mgbs and then fail due to congestion.

1. Threaten the ombudsman or the advertising standards authority or write to them and copy eircom.

2. Report fault in router/modem and they have to come out then.

3. Failing that stop paying your bill but write to them and tell them why and retain cortespondence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

markpokane wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Linda but this does not solve my issue. Please organise to have a manager call me about this. I am still very annoyed about what was mis-sold to me, the resulting ignorance and lack of professionalism shown by the Eircom support team (outside of yourself) by not calling me back and how badly handled this has been from start to finish.

Mark

Hi Mark

I got your PM from yesterday, I have PM you back.

Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement