Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify this creature

• 14-09-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

One of the dogs just sniffed this out in the garden, not even in the grass but by the wall in the weeds/gravel

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Elephant Hawk Moth caterpillar.
    Elephant%20Hawk%20Moth%20Caterpiller.jpg

Looks very cool as an adult
    ElephantHawkIK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Oh blimey, that's just given me the shivers, I can't bear fluttery flying things!! We seem to have quite a few caterpillars around the house outside lately but I've never seen one like this, is it something to do with the weather/time of year or something I wonder. Not that I don't like butterflys, they are beautiful, just not anywhere near me, the wings the wings aaahhh #batsherselaroundtheheadhysterically#

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

They're talking about them on Derek Mooney right now, apparently it's been a great year for them, according to Eanna if-i didnt-have-google-i'd-know-nothing ni Lamhna :-)

Advertisement