Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Santa's to visit.

Options
  • 14-09-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there just want to gather up ideas for best Sants's to bring the kiddies. Went to Causey Farm in Meath a few times and very happy with it , just looking for alternatives.:rolleyes:
    Place= Causey Farm Meath
    Santa = very Good
    Price = 20 per child 12 euro per Adult
    Presents= Very good no cheap rubbish.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Price = 20 per child 12 euro per Adult

:confused: they charge for the parents to go in?????

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ladybird.12

Oh yes ! Check out their website. As would all the other places i expect, maybe im wrong ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Rancho O'Reilly's Carlow. Its about an hour from Dublin City Centre.

I haven't checked this place out for Christmas yet but I was there over the summer and the kids loved it. I will be bringing them back for their Christmas Santa visit.

Judging by the website for last year - its 15euro per child, 2.50 for an adult. They make decorations with the elves, go on a Christmas carriage ride to meet Santa in his grotto and a carriage ride back. They get hot chocolate and have a run around the indoor play area see the animals too.

We had trouble finding the place but it was definately worth the trip in the Summer anyways. Staff are lovely too.

http://www.ranchoreilly.com/christmas/christmas.html

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love2love wrote: »
    Rancho O'Reilly's Carlow. Its about an hour from Dublin City Centre.

I haven't checked this place out for Christmas yet but I was there over the summer and the kids loved it. I will be bringing them back for their Christmas Santa visit.

Judging by the website for last year - its 15euro per child, 2.50 for an adult. They make decorations with the elves, go on a Christmas carriage ride to meet Santa in his grotto and a carriage ride back. They get hot chocolate and have a run around the indoor play area see the animals too.

We had trouble finding the place but it was definately worth the trip in the Summer anyways. Staff are lovely too.

http://www.ranchoreilly.com/christmas/christmas.html

Great suggestion, that sounds lovely for the kids! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Yeah that place sounds great...

Do the kids get a gift off Santy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

xzanti wrote: »
    Yeah that place sounds great...

Do the kids get a gift off Santy??

I'm not sure. Its doesn't say on the website. My kids won't be pleased with no gift! I'll call them closer to the season and ask. Thanks for pointing that one out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

The Santa at Glenroe farm in Co Wicklow was great last year, puppet show, meet the farm animals and present from Santa for the kids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Santa is in Tayto Park in Ashbourne very soon.

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/visitor-info/santa-2012/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We went to Santa's cottage in Rostrevor the last 2 years it is brilliant but expensive.

This year we are going to clonfert pet farm near Maynooth,it is 6.50 per child and it is gorgeous there'bouncey castle,animals,indoor play area.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Brought my l.o to Santa in castlecomer last year...was very impressed with it.

Firstly we went to the stables to see where the reindeer sleep, then to see where the elves make all the toys.

Into mrs claus house next to meet her as she was baking. She told the kids stories about Santa and then brought them upstairs to show them where Santa and the elves sleep.

We then went into Santas grotto, met Santa, took pics ourselves and got a good pressie.

Finally there was a train ride through the woods where we saw the deer.

I saw on the website that this year the children will be making a decoration to put on the Christmas tree in the woods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

was at a great little Santa place today in malahide.its in the garden center across the road from the main entrance to malahide park.had about 10mins in with Santa with 3 kids.each got a wee pressie and it was only 5 euro per family and you got a 5euro voucher for the shop too(which also has a great clothes shop btw).really great time had and great deal so felt it deserved a mention as would love to see them do well from it :-)
    enjoy and happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭happydayz8

Has any one been to newbridge house &farm. Just looking for some reviews. Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Santas winter wonderland in Tayto Park.

http://www.taytocrisps.ie/park/visitor-info/santa-2012/

Must be booked online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Rumleys Open Farm in Cork (Waterfall) .... its great ...was there last weekend.

Myself and my BH (Better Half) took my family...my parents, brother and 2 of my sisters (and their hubbies/wife) ...and their kids (ages 12, 5 and year and a half year olds).... fantastic experience, loads of animals to play with and Santa's Grotto managed to fit all 14 of us in for a pic with the big man.

Mrs Clause allowed one of my brother-in-laws to sit in her chair and knit ...yes..he was knitting !! ...we all took pics, while they kids were making cookies/playing with toys.

prices ..if my memory is right €18 for the older kids, €6 for the small kids and €8 for the adults... my 5yr old nephew couldnt wait to get home and play his animal crazy golf set, some of the family had been to Rumleys before and spoke highly of it so thats why we went and everyone enjoyed the experience.

one thing I was not a fan of was the that bookings were to be done online and payment via paypal - I dont have paypal but phoned and they were happy to oblige by making the booking and paying in cash on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christmasmum

We went to Newbridge farm last week and I think its the best Santa visit/experience I've been to.
    When we got there we paid in, then an elf asked the children age/names and what they'd like from Santa and gave them a candy cane.
    We went into a nice old room then that had some really old furniture and interesting bits to look at until we were called for a mini tour of the house, guided by another elf who showed us the amazing hallways and dining rooms where the table was set for Santa and all his guests. Then the elf gave the children a yummy tub of Santa's favourite jelly sweets and in they went to visit with the nicest, chattiest Santa we've ever met.
    He was in a beautiful red painted room with gold guilded ceilings and pictures and musical intruments. They had a couple of big fancy seats for the children to sit beside Santa and have a chat. He spoke to them all individually and told them to make sure they eat their veg! We were allowed to take as many photos as we liked with our own camera and then the nice elf even took some pictures of us all with Santa! The presents they received were good, a magic trick set and photo album, nothing that will break before you get home.
    The great thing is that the Santa visit price includes entry to the farm so we walked around and looked at the animals and then outside the house in the park they had beautiful reindeer to admire.
    It was a full day out and a great time was had by all, it cost €12 per child and an adult went free with each child admitted.
    I'd definitely recommend it for anyone that would like a nice family day out and santa visit altogether!

Advertisement