Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iCloud and "The Cloud" - for accessing media files while abroad.

• 14-09-2012 3:29pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to be travelling the China shorty and have been stocking up my 16gb iPad 2 with TV shows and movies as I will be travelling alone. Its the first time since I got the ipad that i have space issues!

Looking for advice on the best way to access additional movie files while I am way. I should stress, this is not a thread about piracy, as I already own the movies/tv shows and transferred them to movie files for travel. I will have wifi access while I am away.

I have an iMac if that makes any difference at home. I have the basic iCloud account and I also have a Dropbox account.

Any recommendations on what is the best way to manage it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

faceman wrote: »
    I'm going to be travelling the China shorty and have been stocking up my 16gb iPad 2 with TV shows and movies as I will be travelling alone. Its the first time since I got the ipad that i have space issues!

Looking for advice on the best way to access additional movie files while I am way. I should stress, this is not a thread about piracy, as I already own the movies/tv shows and transferred them to movie files for travel. I will have wifi access while I am away.

I have an iMac if that makes any difference at home. I have the basic iCloud account and I also have a Dropbox account.

Any recommendations on what is the best way to manage it?

I dont think dropbox works in china (great firewall).
    I didnt try to use icloud while there so cant answer whether that will work.

Advertisement