Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with the purchase of a telescope

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Justin1982

Take a look at the sticky post. Its worth spending some time reading about the different types of telescopes before buying one.

Also what is your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Hi there,

I would avoid the smaller one in your links. It has a very small mirror in it, and you will not be able to see any detail on the planets. Your son will get very disheartened at just seeing "bigger" spots of light!

I have one that is similar to the second link for sale in Limerick. The one I am selling has a higher spec than the link one, as it is motor driven.(Not goto, but motor tracking)

Here is my add:

http://www.adverts.ie/telescopes-binoculars/sky-watcher-5-motor-driven-telescope/2031698

If you were interested I would let it go for €150, but by all means ask for advice on here as to whether it would be suitable for your needs!

Ken

Advertisement