Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog developed kennel cough and we are going to a wedding next week - HELP!

• 14-09-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Hi

As the post says, our vet is after confirming that out dog has kennel cough. We had her vaccinated against it in April so I'm a little peed off about that.

That aside we had booked her into a kennel weeks ago as we are going to a wedding from Thursday until Saturday. Is there anywhere that will take her? Or what options do we possibly have here? Its family so we have no options on that front. and most friends are working Thursday and Friday.

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

What part of the country are you in? Maybe a one-at-a-time home boarder can help you.
    The KC vaccine is only ~70% efficacious, so don't be too pee'd off about it. I personally think the KC vac is a waste of money in a healthy dog. To some extent I can appreciate why kennels would want dogs vaxed against it, but I think too much of a song and dance is made about this particular disease in healthy dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

peteb2 wrote: »
    Hi

As the post says, our vet is after confirming that out dog has kennel cough. We had her vaccinated against it in April so I'm a little peed off about that.

That aside we had booked her into a kennel weeks ago as we are going to a wedding from Thursday until Saturday. Is there anywhere that will take her? Or what options do we possibly have here? Its family so we have no options on that front. and most friends are working Thursday and Friday.

All suggestions welcome!

Have you not a neighbour or something that will keep your dog fed and watered over the 48 or so hours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

nope. the next door neighbour we are friendly with, is afraid of dogs and she's young and likes to bark at strangers for a few mins first before accepting them.

She would go demented only seeing someone twice a day and being stuck in the house.

Advertisement