Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: FAI Ford Cup Quarter Finals; Sept 14, 2012

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

born2bwild wrote: »
    Off topic - I walked past a bloke in Tesco's in Swords about 6.30pm tonight wearing Borussia Dortmund gear - that you?

No, it wasn't me, sorry about that. I wouldn't run around in a football shirt other than on a matchday anyway ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Off topic - I walked past a bloke in Tesco's in Swords about 6.30pm tonight wearing Borussia Dortmund gear - that you?

It was a bad night weather-wise, did this guy have an umbrella?

If he did it probably wasn't Lars. He's still waiting for Michael Skibbe to return his :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

I hope it's a Derry - Dundalk final ;)

Nothing like a bit of jealousy from the also rans :D

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    It was a bad night weather-wise, did this guy have an umbrella?

If he did it probably wasn't Lars. He's still waiting for Michael Skibbe to return his :cool:

You still remember that one? :D

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You still remember that one? :D

When I see him on TV it reminds me of him taking your umbrella and not giving it back. I'm not sure why I still remember it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Pat's will be in the final - anything else is upwards of 30/1 imo.

I only hope that Mathews doesn't try to play for a draw up in Londonderry - we can't defend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Penos are an awful way to lose a match!! Great game tonight that Hancock tried his best to disrupt at every opportunity! Not convinced the free which led to the Pats goal should have been. Happened right in front of me and looked like Hynes stood his ground but Hancock being Hancock gave the free. All the best to Pats in the semis. Id imagine they'll win it now, but as long as it's not Dundalk I dont mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cracking game end to end, Drogs dont let us play so we ended out trading kick outs.

Hynes was brilliant for them tormented our centre backs, Carroll was brilliant for us gets better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Dub XV wrote: »
    Derry away first lads

Undecided whether I like the idea of possibly setting off from Dublin at 10.30 or not tbh, will definitely effect the travelling support. Last away trip we had on a Sunday afternoon was Longford or Athlone iirc, wasn't a fan of that as it was roasting and the hangover had kicked in.

I only hope that Mathews doesn't try to play for a draw up in Londonderry - we can't defend.

Be madness tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Pats are by far the strongest team left in the cup. But I was there for every match in the 1996 campaign, and seen the other finals since on the telly.

Even though we are the strongest team left, I dont want to jinx us. Also seeing as we have not won the cup in 51 years I make us the rank underdogs using no logic whatsoever.

I am sure many other Pats fans are like me and acting insane, and not knowing what to do. But I'll not look into the future and just say, I am delighted we beat Drogheda on penalties.

I'll say no more, so as not to jinx us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭secman

We have not a chance of winning the cup....this year or any year .... never ever......... just trying a bit of reverse psychology on myself here...........never ever ever can win the cup..........just impossible............. can't happen.... even if we beat Dundalk.......... just not on.............

Fingers, toes crossed..........

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,080 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Drogs 5-1 to win the cup outright ahead of tonights game.

Derry 2/1
    Shels 11/4
    Pats 3/1 (4/1 with few bookies)
    Dundalk & Drogs 5/1.

Whatever bookie made us favourites must not have watched us this season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Terrible draw for Dundalk with the only consolation that we are playing at home and will make a few quid.
    Not a chance we can beat pats as we have been played off the park in all our games against them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Terrible draw for Dundalk with the only consolation that we are playing at home and will make a few quid.
    Not a chance we can beat pats as we have been played off the park in all our games against them this season.
    Loser talk. Of course we can beat them. Sure didn't we beat them in the league up in their place back in May?

Obviously they're a much better side than us but a packed Oriel Park getting behind the team with a cup final at stake means logic goes out the window. This will be a close game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

absolutely gutted to loose on penos :( The game was over until the knob gave pats a free for nothing which bounced off someone into the net . Gav Brennan scored a perfectly good goal that wasnt given ? We where dead on our feet in extra time though . Good luck to pats , give craptown a a hiding up in oriel please .. Onwards to tallaght for our final on sat ...

St.Patrick's 13/8
    Derry 9/4
    Shels 3/1
    Dundalk 5/1

The latest from PP.

I would like to see Pats win it. But if Dundalk get to the final I would be happy for them too.

It has been a tough season for them and they could have went out of business at one point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Zebra3 wrote: »

1:45 kick off? That's really nice for the Shels supporters. I think, the FAI did that on purpose. Why can't they just play both matches at the same time, or on two different days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

1:45 kick off? That's really nice for the Shels supporters. I think, the FAI did that on purpose. Why can't they just play both matches at the same time, or on two different days?

No idea but this is on in UK that day, friday for us and sunday evening at 6 for you may have been slightly better.

Southampton v Fulham 13:30
    Liverpool v Stoke 15:00
    Tottenham v Aston Villa 15:00
    Newcastle v Man Utd 16:00

No idea but this is on in UK that day, friday for us and sunday evening at 6 for you may have been slightly better.

As I mentioned in another thread, local (ie. Irish) football should come first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

As I mentioned in another thread, local (ie. Irish) football should come first...

Maybe that's how you feel, but the viewing public probably disagree. Going up against Liverpool or Man Utd on the box is a sure fire way to get a ratings bloody nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

1:45 kick off? That's really nice for the Shels supporters. I think, the FAI did that on purpose.

Debating whether I like the time or not, leaving Dublin at 10am will be a pain in a sense but my main concern is loads of people or sons/daughters will have their own matches on a Sunday morning/afternoon.

geeky wrote: »
    Maybe that's how you feel, but the viewing public probably disagree. Going up against Liverpool or Man Utd on the box is a sure fire way to get a ratings bloody nose.

See, that's the problem. The EPL is highly promoted, so people spend money for the likes of Rupert Murdock, rather than supporting local football teams...and that doesn't make the quality of the EPL football much better.

Football is more of a business, than the good old game in these days :mad:

They used to be on two different days.

One on a Friday night, one on a Sunday afternoon.

However due to the huge sums of money RTE pay Irish clubs :rolleyes: to show their matches live on tv, they get to dictate what time matches kick off.

• Advertisement

However due to the huge sums of money RTE pay Irish clubs :rolleyes: to show their matches live on tv, they get to dictate what time matches kick off.

How generous of RTE, they are showing a Shels match live? They must really love Shels (/sarcasm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels game in the UK that day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

See, that's the problem. The EPL is highly promoted, so people spend money for the likes of Rupert Murdock, rather than supporting local football teams...and that doesn't make the quality of the EPL football much better.

Football is more of a business, than the good old game in these days :mad:

I know, it's a shame, but you've got to adapt to the reality. Irish football don't have the financial muscle of the EPL (or the same quality, let's be fair) so, when clubs are trying to win over fans that aren't already plugged in to live football, they have to avoid fights they can't win.

Honestly, if RTE put out a game and nobody watched it, it'd be a bloody embarrassment - and an excuse to drop live TV coverage in the future.

In fairness, it's hardly RTE's fault if the FAI don't pass any TV rights money on to the clubs. Clubs clearly trusted the FAI's good faith when they went into the joint TV deal for Ireland matches and domestic coverage, and have been royally screwed for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Celtic is also an early kick off to class with the Derry City V $hels game

Southampton V Fulham and Newcastle V Man Utd are the only other games available through legal means on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Celtic is also an early kick off to class with the Derry City V $hels game

Southampton V Fulham and Newcastle V Man Utd are the only other games available through legal means on TV

That dollar sign is hilarious, coming from you who are oh so fúcking sensitive when it comes to anything involving your first club, Liverpool.

Also, ironic given what happened at Old Derry.

You couldn't make it up, you double standarding person you.

Pathetic you are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

$hels
    F*ck it I'm not biting!

Des wrote: »
    That dollar sign is hilarious, coming from you who are oh so fúcking sensitive when it comes to anything involving your first club, Liverpool.

Pathetic you are.

I suppose there's no symbol which denotes how a club was paying their players under the table, was let go out of business with their fans making no attempt to save it, then a new club being set up and being skipped up a division by the FAI.

Actually, if there is, let me know. :pac:

Pathetic you are.

So it's ok for you and others to have digs at Derry but when you get on back you attack the poster?

What was it last night in the Man City thread about taking it if you dish it out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pathetic you are.

So it's ok for you and others to have digs at Derry but when you get on back you attack the poster?

What was it last night in the Man City thread about taking it if you dish it out?
    Since we are dishing it out, how exactly did you feel when City died?

CSF wrote: »

I was gutted and the pissed off at the board for what they had done to the club by cheating on the contracts.

Then glad to get the fresh start in Division 1 and hope they don't mess up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »

I was gutted and the pissed off at the board for what they had done to the club by cheating on the contracts.

Ah sure don't mind me, I'm just being a dick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Pathetic you are.

Harsh, considering you've a load of posts in the Utd thread

And were you impressed by the fact that nobody tried to save the club, that it was just allowed to die and a new club with no history would have to be set up? :confused:

And were you impressed by the fact that nobody tried to save the club, that it was just allowed to die and a new club with no history would have to be set up? :confused:

No money up here, must were upset as that was the 2nd time the club folded.

Advertisement